Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 55303 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2013, 04:41:35 PM »
I really wanted to take a second to applaud the Gosling/Zoo thing.  I chuckled.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2013, 04:43:14 PM »
I would finish Barry's term out for no money at all if people would let me.

Yeah, it'd look great on a resume.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »
I would finish Barry's term out for no money at all if people would let me.

He's not doing anything.  Let his chair finish out the term.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
How do you close a forest or statue?  That just seems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

National landmarks need to be protected to some extent. unfettered access means they will be ruined by some idiot.

LOL, there's like 1 ranger for every 40,000 acres, and when was the last time you saw someone guarding a statue.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2013, 04:55:01 PM »
Perhaps K-S-U is mistaking "moderate" for "extreme right wing teabagger."

If tea partiers are teabaggers, who are the tebagees? Dems?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2013, 05:02:42 PM »
How do you close a forest or statue?  That just seems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

National landmarks need to be protected to some extent. unfettered access means they will be ruined by some idiot.

LOL, there's like 1 ranger for every 40,000 acres, and when was the last time you saw someone guarding a statue.

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2013, 05:04:13 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2013, 05:05:49 PM »
Funny, you know what I think is crazy? How about doubling the national debt by $10 trillion over 8 years, while passing a massive new entitlement, pushing for amnesty to put millions more people on said entitlement, and never even passing a budget. Yeah, that seems pretty rough ridin' crazy to me. But to each his own....

Both sides are pretty worthless.  Neither know how to talk to each other anymore.  I mean, if you can't even listen to another's opinion, you certainly will miss opportunities to compromise, which is what this nation needs.  Middle ground legislation for middle ground ppl.  The problem is that moderation and middle ground isn't good news or radio discussion topics to ppl that like to be angry or entertained.

The secondary problem, which is what my other post was about, is that the actions we have as ppl to change is to throw out one Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) only to usher in another Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that will be willingly led to the same level of inaction and corruption as the last Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because the party that provides for them tells them how it's going to be.  This is why I said that sanity is not well backed or funded these days.  Its en vogue to be extremely stubborn these days.

Amen, brother. Look, the Dems want to spend more, the Pubs want to spend less. Let's just compromise and spend the same as we're doing now! Problem solved and nobody gets their feelings hurt!

Quit being stupid.  That is part of the problem.

It's the entire problem.

So the Dems don't want to spend more? Lets see...
- March 2013: Latest Dem budget proposal would increase spending 62% over next decade
- September 2013: Pelosi says "The cupboard is bare, there's no more cuts to make."

Seems like they want to spend more.

More stupid my team v your team stupidity.  Shocking.

Please show me a serious Dem proposal to cut spending. Thanks.

You may have been reading other ppl's posts and attributing them to me, but I haven't talked about spending specifically at all in this thread.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »

Pretty sure you can't just go right up to the Lincoln and climb onto his lap.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2013, 05:12:19 PM »
Is it bad that I feel almost completely detached from all of this shut down stuff?  I know that all of this stuff effects me, but whatever happens in the government doesn't really seem to make a difference in my life, or really too many people that I know, outside of them bitching about politics. 

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2013, 05:22:38 PM »

Yeah, inpenatrable velvet ropes and all.  FYI, not all statues are on the DC mall.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2013, 05:47:15 PM »

Yeah, inpenatrable velvet ropes and all.  FYI, not all statues are on the DC mall.

:Ugh:

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »
break the government.

I don't see a problem with this

Well we still need one, or else it's back to caves and sticks and hunting and gathering.

I've managed to make it all day without moving into a cave or hunting and gathering for food.

lol oh my god. Great read into the mind of a libtard

"I must be governed. . . I need the government!

:lol:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2013, 06:15:36 PM »

Right. But honestly why do we even have "national parks"? Like, what is the harm in the federal government going to Wyoming and saying "look, you guys take over Yellowstone. It's a huge tourism earner for you, so we're going to let you take care of it"

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2013, 06:18:01 PM »

Right. But honestly why do we even have "national parks"? Like, what is the harm in the federal government going to Wyoming and saying "look, you guys take over Yellowstone. It's a huge tourism earner for you, so we're going to let you take care of it"

You've got a fever and the only prescription is more PBS documentaries.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2013, 06:21:12 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2013, 07:15:46 PM »
This was unfortunate timing for baby rex
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2013, 07:20:19 PM »
We'll just take over 1/6th of the economy on a party line vote, if we end up a couple votes short we could just buy them off, I don't foresee any pushback in the future, we should be fine- ready break!
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:07 PM »
:sdeek: :sdeek: :sdeek:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »

Mainly because many western states like Wyoming/Idaho/Montana would immediately sell off shitloads of parkland to logging/drilling interests and (even more likely) shoot all of the megafauna that ranchers regard as pests (wolves, bears, etc).

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2013, 08:11:29 PM »

Mainly because many western states like Wyoming/Idaho/Montana would immediately sell off shitloads of parkland to logging/drilling interests and (even more likely) shoot all of the megafauna that ranchers regard as pests (wolves, bears, etc).

Good for them. Let's do it.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:40 PM »

No leave pay. Bad time to take a 3-month medical leave. I mean, it's really our fault for having a due date around the end of the fiscal year. Irresponsible, really. But you know how those crazy Cairo winters can be.  :sdeek: :sdeek:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2013, 08:27:32 PM »
80% of government employees were still expected to go to work. The other 20% they should probably lay off anyway.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2013, 08:27:34 PM »
With the us-egypt conduit, places on both sides,  and the network of fixers at your disposal,  it seems like there are possibilities for supplemental income for the creative.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2013, 08:58:27 PM »

No leave pay. Bad time to take a 3-month medical leave. I mean, it's really our fault for having a due date around the end of the fiscal year. Irresponsible, really. But you know how those crazy Cairo winters can be.  :sdeek: :sdeek:
yikes. well at least legal hiring in DC is booming. heh.

ts and ps, fr.