Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 53987 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
with this thread, the obamacare thread, the facebook thread and just listening to dumbasses talk at the office today has been a FANTASTIC day to sit up on my moderate throne and smuggly look down at everyone offering my fake pity.

Steve, as a Moderate, can you just tell us how much the federal government should spend? Appreciate your guidance.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »
Funny, you know what I think is crazy? How about doubling the national debt by $10 trillion over 8 years, while passing a massive new entitlement, pushing for amnesty to put millions more people on said entitlement, and never even passing a budget. Yeah, that seems pretty rough ridin' crazy to me. But to each his own....

Both sides are pretty worthless.  Neither know how to talk to each other anymore.  I mean, if you can't even listen to another's opinion, you certainly will miss opportunities to compromise, which is what this nation needs.  Middle ground legislation for middle ground ppl.  The problem is that moderation and middle ground isn't good news or radio discussion topics to ppl that like to be angry or entertained.

The secondary problem, which is what my other post was about, is that the actions we have as ppl to change is to throw out one Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) only to usher in another Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that will be willingly led to the same level of inaction and corruption as the last Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because the party that provides for them tells them how it's going to be.  This is why I said that sanity is not well backed or funded these days.  Its en vogue to be extremely stubborn these days.

Amen, brother. Look, the Dems want to spend more, the Pubs want to spend less. Let's just compromise and spend the same as we're doing now! Problem solved and nobody gets their feelings hurt!

Quit being stupid.  That is part of the problem.

It's the entire problem.

So the Dems don't want to spend more? Lets see...
- March 2013: Latest Dem budget proposal would increase spending 62% over next decade
- September 2013: Pelosi says "The cupboard is bare, there's no more cuts to make."

Seems like they want to spend more.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2013, 01:52:16 PM »
 :lol:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54:51 PM »
Funny, you know what I think is crazy? How about doubling the national debt by $10 trillion over 8 years, while passing a massive new entitlement, pushing for amnesty to put millions more people on said entitlement, and never even passing a budget. Yeah, that seems pretty rough ridin' crazy to me. But to each his own....

Both sides are pretty worthless.  Neither know how to talk to each other anymore.  I mean, if you can't even listen to another's opinion, you certainly will miss opportunities to compromise, which is what this nation needs.  Middle ground legislation for middle ground ppl.  The problem is that moderation and middle ground isn't good news or radio discussion topics to ppl that like to be angry or entertained.

The secondary problem, which is what my other post was about, is that the actions we have as ppl to change is to throw out one Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) only to usher in another Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that will be willingly led to the same level of inaction and corruption as the last Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because the party that provides for them tells them how it's going to be.  This is why I said that sanity is not well backed or funded these days.  Its en vogue to be extremely stubborn these days.

Amen, brother. Look, the Dems want to spend more, the Pubs want to spend less. Let's just compromise and spend the same as we're doing now! Problem solved and nobody gets their feelings hurt!

It's the entire problem.

- March 2013: Latest Dem budget proposal would increase spending 62% over next decade
- September 2013: Pelosi says "The cupboard is bare, there's no more cuts to make."

More stupid my team v your team stupidity.  Shocking.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »

It's the entire problem.

More stupid my team v your team stupidity.  Shocking.

Please show me a serious Dem proposal to cut spending. Thanks.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2013, 02:08:06 PM »
K-S-U, would you say that the problems we have are more related to the spending or the deficits?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
How do you close a forest or statue?  That just seems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:58 PM »
Does anyone actually think $4 trillion is about the right amount of spending for our federal government.  I mean, that's a ridiculous number, right?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »
K-S-U, would you say that the problems we have are more related to the spending or the deficits?

I'm not sure I understand your question. The deficits add to the national debt. The deficits are simply a function of revenue versus expenses. Revenue doesn't seem to be a problem. We are overspending.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »
I kind of like snow days in September.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »
The more you tell me you're moderate, the less I believe it.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »
Perhaps K-S-U is mistaking "moderate" for "extreme right wing teabagger."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
What exactly is the makeup of the house where "some Republicans" can garner a majority?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/national-zoo-panda-cam-dark-shutdown-20422458

I'll never forget where I was the day they turned off the cameras to cute adorable Pandas. Thanks, Obama.

I feel like we need to recognize how great (whether intended or not) this OP is.

I mean, a federally funded panda cam??  Funding cuts shutting it down???

That's pretty modtard stuff right there. :lol: :lol:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Perhaps K-S-U is mistaking "moderate" for "extreme right wing teabagger."

I don't think you understand the "I'm a moderate" joke.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2013, 04:23:51 PM »
Service academy games are now a victim of the government shutdown.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2013, 04:24:51 PM »
has anyone considered cutting military spending?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2013, 04:28:17 PM »

Non-dumbasses have.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2013, 04:28:58 PM »
How do you close a forest or statue?  That just seems Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

National landmarks need to be protected to some extent. unfettered access means they will be ruined by some idiot.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2013, 04:31:17 PM »

Would be too damaging to the economy is what I heard.  Also, our commander in chief really likes wars.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2013, 04:38:18 PM »
ill take a pay cut to do barrys job for the rest of the year if thats what goEMAW wants
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »
I would finish Barry's term out for no money at all if people would let me.