Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 53974 times)

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Government Shutdown
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:00:54 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/national-zoo-panda-cam-dark-shutdown-20422458

I'll never forget where I was the day they turned off the cameras to cute adorable Pandas. Thanks, Obama.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:09:27 AM »
ship those assholes back to china and let the chinese take care of them. pandas are one of the worst animals in existence.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 09:31:06 AM »
ship those assholes back to china and let the chinese take care of them. pandas are one of the worst animals in existence.

Little pigs too.  Always eating

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 10:13:58 AM »

Little pigs too.  Always eating

Can you imagine if they actually liked breeding and were good at it?  We would have to train them to eat Kudzu or something.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
so weed is legal now, right? is that what this all means?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 10:27:11 AM »

Correct. So is murder and anything else you can think of. Anything goes until we get this all ironed out. I'm going to rob a bank this afternoon.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 10:28:27 AM »
Butthurt gov worker is really going to make this even worth watching.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 10:44:35 AM »

Correct. So is murder and anything else you can think of. Anything goes until we get this all ironed out. I'm going to rob a bank this afternoon.

Be careful not to get Judged
:adios:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 10:51:15 AM »
It's funny how the supposed "party of government" is only too happy to make things like "a government shutdown" are as painful as possible. For example, the White House shut down all public tours back during the sequester deliberations, and I don't think they ever reopened, have they. Meanwhile, Obama will fly Air Force One halfway around the world for a round of golf.

This time around, I hear they're preparing big chain-link fences to cordon off all the national monuments. :lol:

The worst thing that could happen to the libs is if the government "shuts down" and nobody really notices.

EDIT: Sorry, it's not chain link. Those stimulus dollars bought some much nicer fencing. I love the sign: "Because of the Federal Government SHUTDOWN...."  :lol:

And what the hell is that police officer doing up there? Probably working for free, god bless him.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:55:35 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »
It's funny how the supposed "party of government" is only too happy to make things like "a government shutdown" are as painful as possible.

I agree. But I guess that's just what happens when you let a bunch of tea party crazies take over your once proud party.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »
Too many crazies is def the problem.  It's too late, though.  Crazies gonna crazy.  Vote them out you say?  Crazy replacement waiting in the wings.

Sanity doesn't seem to be very well funded or backed these days.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:00:37 AM »
Funny, you know what I think is crazy? How about doubling the national debt by $10 trillion over 8 years, while passing a massive new entitlement, pushing for amnesty to put millions more people on said entitlement, and never even passing a budget. Yeah, that seems pretty rough ridin' crazy to me. But to each his own....

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 11:06:36 AM »
Funny, you know what I think is crazy? How about doubling the national debt by $10 trillion over 8 years, while passing a massive new entitlement, pushing for amnesty to put millions more people on said entitlement, and never even passing a budget. Yeah, that seems pretty rough ridin' crazy to me. But to each his own....

This is a terrible partisan talking point.  It ignores the rules of the Senate.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
we should probably have a pak since the united states of america (usa) is going to be a third world country by next week.

CLAMS?!
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 11:16:08 AM »
It's funny how the supposed "party of government" is only too happy to make things like "a government shutdown" are as painful as possible. For example, the White House shut down all public tours back during the sequester deliberations, and I don't think they ever reopened, have they. Meanwhile, Obama will fly Air Force One halfway around the world for a round of golf.

This time around, I hear they're preparing big chain-link fences to cordon off all the national monuments. :lol:

The worst thing that could happen to the libs is if the government "shuts down" and nobody really notices.

EDIT: Sorry, it's not chain link. Those stimulus dollars bought some much nicer fencing. I love the sign: "Because of the Federal Government SHUTDOWN...."  :lol:

And what the hell is that police officer doing up there? Probably working for free, god bless him.

That sign is very butthurt

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 11:24:40 AM »

This is a terrible partisan talking point.  It ignores the rules of the Senate.

Yeah, we've discussed this plenty in the "debt ceiling" thread. It's accurate. The GOP has proposed a number of budgets in the past few years. When is the last time the Dems in the Senate proposed one that cuts spending?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:51:48 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 11:39:18 AM »
Right. The Democrats are out playing golf and working the fantasy waiver wire while the Republicans are responsibly waiting around at the Capitol building for them to agree to their demands. Why won't the Democrats pass a budget that does everything the Republicans want? Republicans did win the House after all, by Gerrymandering districts and winning a million fewer votes than Democrats in 2012. They really should be able to completely run the country on their own terms.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:02 AM »

That sign is very butthurt

Yes, it has the thing where random words are capitalized to try and make their point.  Just more pussification/Facebookization of America.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »

Both sides are pretty worthless.  Neither know how to talk to each other anymore.  I mean, if you can't even listen to another's opinion, you certainly will miss opportunities to compromise, which is what this nation needs.  Middle ground legislation for middle ground ppl.  The problem is that moderation and middle ground isn't good news or radio discussion topics to ppl that like to be angry or entertained.

The secondary problem, which is what my other post was about, is that the actions we have as ppl to change is to throw out one Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) only to usher in another Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) that will be willingly led to the same level of inaction and corruption as the last Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) because the party that provides for them tells them how it's going to be.  This is why I said that sanity is not well backed or funded these days.  Its en vogue to be extremely stubborn these days.

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 11:55:04 AM »
welp, my DoD project managers just got sent home, so my $8mil construction project is without anyone who can approve anything or give official direction.   Was told that since we still have access to the site to carry on.     :driving:

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »
Don't fall into the "both sides are equally intransigent" talking point. One side is causing all of the problems, and it's by design. They've spent a lot of money on think tanks trying to figure out how to essentially break the government. They are mainly motivated by the fear of growing entitlements and environmental regulation. Democrats try to do something you don't like? Just control enough of the government to hold it hostage and get your way.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 12:01:33 PM »
Stock market is up guys. No worries.  :whistle1:

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »
Don't fall into the "both sides are equally intransigent" talking point. One side is causing all of the problems, and it's by design. They've spent a lot of money on think tanks trying to figure out how to essentially break the government. They are mainly motivated by the fear of growing entitlements and environmental regulation. Democrats try to do something you don't like? Just control enough of the government to hold it hostage and get your way.

that's obviously why they want the delay in enacting ACA, in the hopes that they can muster enough spots in congress to repeal.  it's not about "giving more time".

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2013, 12:10:20 PM »

You can see the effects of this in Europe and California, do not want. Obama holds them up as examples of his vision, therefore he must be stopped.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2013, 12:12:07 PM »

I don't recall seeing anything saying that one side was urgently and continually requesting the other come to the middle to discuss and negotiate any major issue.  They both continually stiff arm each other and suck.