Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 53319 times)

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2013, 12:28:05 AM »
it may have been 28 billion, i wasn't paying close attention.

I have no idea what either number references

It was 24 and it refers to what S&P estimated was lost in the US economy due to the shutdown.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 21, 2013, 02:24:23 PM »
At least some good came from the shutdown.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/17/politics/new-debt-deal-pork/

It's just a shame that some of these leaders don't have the ability to get worthy projects funded without tying them to a bill to reopen the government.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 21, 2013, 04:33:57 PM »

It's just a shame that some of these leaders don't have the ability to get worthy projects funded without tying them to a bill to reopen the government.

Thanks Nuts Luked. Nothing new to see here. Obama buys enough votes for another win.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 21, 2013, 04:37:15 PM »

Thanks Nuts Luked. Nothing new to see here. Obama buys enough votes for another win.

I don't disagree with any of those projects being funded. The extended pay for the widow seems over the top, but apparently they do the same thing for everyone else, so nbd. It's just sad that McConnell couldn't find a way to get it done without holding the US economy hostage. It shouldn't be hard to find billions of dollars for projects vital to the country.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 21, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »

I don't disagree with any of those projects being funded. The extended pay for the widow seems over the top, but apparently they do the same thing for everyone else, so nbd. It's just sad that McConnell couldn't find a way to get it done without holding the US economy hostage. It shouldn't be hard to find billions of dollars for projects vital to the country.

Lautenburg (sp?) was one of the wealthiest members of congress worth $59 million. It was a joke.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 21, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »

Lautenburg (sp?) was one of the wealthiest members of congress worth $59 million. It was a joke.

If everyone else's wife gets the benefit, his wife should to. They should really consider changing their policy, though, as I don't really think death benefits are necessary for any of them.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #581 on: October 21, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
it may have been 28 billion, i wasn't paying close attention.

I have no idea what either number references

It was 24 and it refers to what S&P estimated was lost in the US economy due to the shutdown.

That's equal to about 1 day of obamacare.  Fascinating.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 23, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »