Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 53994 times)

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #525 on: October 12, 2013, 02:17:36 AM »
Caterorgizer :shakesfist:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: October 12, 2013, 02:35:59 AM »
You started it.

bad person.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: October 12, 2013, 09:16:52 AM »
Maybe we don't need the government

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #528 on: October 12, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »

I would guess we need about 25% of it.  The rest would just be "too difficult" to dump (think of the GDP number :runaway:).  We clearly don't don't the part that was sequestered and most of the part that's shut down. 
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: October 13, 2013, 02:36:55 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: October 13, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »
lol

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: October 13, 2013, 03:43:23 PM »
hope that kid writes his representatives.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: October 13, 2013, 03:47:45 PM »
The DC zoo is a pretty great zoo, too. Feel bad for the little guy.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: October 13, 2013, 03:54:25 PM »
so did his parents want that photo so bad that they took him there to crush his spirits in exchange for the pic?  or were they too busy picking out a hat with ears for the boy to turn on a radio, tv or computer over the preceding week?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #534 on: October 13, 2013, 03:58:12 PM »

I would guess we need about 25% of it.  The rest would just be "too difficult" to dump (think of the GDP number :runaway:).  We clearly don't don't the part that was sequestered and most of the part that's shut down.

Well, the USDA would be nice.

Also, it is nice to have some people working for free.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 13, 2013, 04:00:17 PM »
Maybe they heard congress had submitted a clean bill to keep nationalparks open and were surprised to learn the Senate turned it down.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 13, 2013, 04:00:23 PM »
Just mandate you give one forty hour work week a year, excusable with pay from your private job like jury duty. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 13, 2013, 04:06:34 PM »
Maybe they heard congress had submitted a clean bill to keep nationalparks open and were surprised to learn the Senate turned it down.

they should put reid's "not gonna happen" on a loop via loudspeaker at the national zoo metro stop to prevent such tragedies in the future.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 13, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »

:impatient:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 13, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »
i think we found out who took this picture...

in DC this weekend, did all the monuments/mall today. any recs for more sightseeing tomorrow?  smithsonians closed. :frown:

we were up at a basic sheraton in Columbia for a wedding but came down to Arlington tonight. used spg free night at the Le Meridien. place is sweet. I've got my own recumbent bike in here!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: October 13, 2013, 07:11:23 PM »
Heard today that there will be no deal and that BO will be forced to use executive powers to fund the gov and then the house will impeach.

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 13, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »

Well, the USDA would be nice.

Also, it is nice to have some people working for free.

USDA is ran by biotech companies.

#bid

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 14, 2013, 08:34:04 AM »
Heard today that there will be no deal and that BO will be forced to use executive powers to fund the gov and then the house will impeach.

Hopefully this happens. I really don't think the Supreme Court would rule that the debt ceiling is even constitutional, and it would really be nice to see that challenged so we can stop going through all of this garbage every year.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: October 14, 2013, 09:24:11 AM »

Hopefully this happens. I really don't think the Supreme Court would rule that the debt ceiling is even constitutional, and it would really be nice to see that challenged so we can stop going through all of this garbage every year.

What would the national debt be right now if Obama and congress didn't have a spending limit? 20 trillion? 25 trillion?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: October 14, 2013, 09:25:10 AM »

What would the national debt be right now if Obama and congress didn't have a spending limit? 20 trillion? 25 trillion?

Probably exactly what it is right now.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: October 14, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »
Yeah.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: October 14, 2013, 09:57:40 AM »

Why would the debt ceiling be unconstitutional? Do you still believe that raising the debt ceiling is a prerequisite to servicing our debt? I mean, I can't really blame you for being confused, what with all the "default" lies from this administration and media lapdogs.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: October 14, 2013, 10:03:06 AM »

Why would the debt ceiling be unconstitutional? Do you still believe that raising the debt ceiling is a prerequisite to servicing our debt? I mean, I can't really blame you for being confused, what with all the "default" lies from this administration and media lapdogs.

It's an obstacle to servicing our debt and under the 14th amendment, it is unconstitutional to not pay our debt.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: October 14, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »

It's an obstacle to servicing our debt and under the 14th amendment, it is unconstitutional to not pay our debt.

So lets find a plan to start paying it and quit doing this crap every freaking year! There are only two reasons to EVER spend money: Spend money to make money and spend money to save money. We aren't doing either of these things right now. I'm very proud that finally we have people that are fighting raising the debt ceiling and are concerned with turning the ship around instead of burying it further.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 14, 2013, 10:42:21 AM »
You forgot spend money to get cool stuff
:adios: