Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050580 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #9725 on: August 31, 2020, 12:24:24 PM »
Dax literally believes the entire world has intentionality harmed their own and the global economy just to make trump look bad.

So there you go, no need to engage him further.

that's the only reason every other country has kept their deaths so low then?  To try and make Trump look bad?  What a bunch of jerks!

Thanks to the Grandma Killers and nearly 3 co-morbidities in 94% of the Covid-19 deaths the U.S. has a high mortality rate.   Sadly a Dem Mayor told the nations largest city to go party and then locked them down immediately after and then the Governor (now trying to cover it up) created nursing homes of death.

Citing Gateway Pundit now, are we?
Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Your link does not have any tables.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: August 31, 2020, 12:26:19 PM »
Thank you.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9727 on: August 31, 2020, 12:52:41 PM »
Dax literally believes the entire world has intentionality harmed their own and the global economy just to make trump look bad.

that's the only reason every other country has kept their deaths so low then?  To try and make Trump look bad?  What a bunch of jerks!

Thanks to the Grandma Killers and nearly 3 co-morbidities in 94% of the Covid-19 deaths the U.S. has a high mortality rate.   Sadly a Dem Mayor told the nations largest city to go party and then locked them down immediately after and then the Governor (now trying to cover it up) created nursing homes of death.

Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Your link does not have any tables.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

All the big comorbidities number wise sound like things that were caused by getting COVID in the first place?  T

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: August 31, 2020, 01:03:39 PM »
*sigh* just wait for a vaccine

https://twitter.com/olgakhazan/status/1300429906287964163

:peek:
https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=41959.msg1982502#msg1982502

As a society, we're just generally assholes with our phones.  Its not all unfounded; the increasing volume of unsolicited and scam calls plays a big factor.  It does for me.  If its not in my contact list, or a Caller ID I'm expecting, it goes to voice mail. If I do go back and listen, at this stage in the game, we could all probably figure out what that call means, but rhetorically, am I going to do anything about it unless I feel symptomatic?  Probably not, in a majority of cases.  In my case, I still know most of the people at the county Health Dept.  I would call them back directly, regardless of whatever return contact info was provided in tracing call.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9729 on: August 31, 2020, 01:44:26 PM »
*sigh* just wait for a vaccine

https://twitter.com/olgakhazan/status/1300429906287964163

:peek:
https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=41959.msg1982502#msg1982502

As a society, we're just generally assholes with our phones.  Its not all unfounded; the increasing volume of unsolicited and scam calls plays a big factor.  It does for me.  If its not in my contact list, or a Caller ID I'm expecting, it goes to voice mail. If I do go back and listen, at this stage in the game, we could all probably figure out what that call means, but rhetorically, am I going to do anything about it unless I feel symptomatic?  Probably not, in a majority of cases.  In my case, I still know most of the people at the county Health Dept.  I would call them back directly, regardless of whatever return contact info was provided in tracing call.

yeah

And really this is something that solid leadership could help with. Most people have no idea what contract tracing is, but if someone explained what it was and how it helps, people would be more receptive than they may have been in the past I think.

heh

People have more trust in public-health workers when local health departments, governors, and the president speak with one voice. But some officials have downplayed the virus, some have taken it seriously, and others have ignored it entirely. Other than claiming that the U.S. has gotten “good at” it, Donald Trump hasn’t said much about contact tracing.

Offline fun muffin

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: August 31, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »
 :frown: :frown: :frown:

No doubt the ProgFascists actually controlling Joe will invoke Federal control and lockdown the country in a heartbeat.

So that gets CoronaBro Nation all horned up.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: August 31, 2020, 02:05:45 PM »
It's going to be fun watching Dax react to crazy Joe speeches after defending crazy Trump nonsense talk for the past 4.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: August 31, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »

BTW, you can issue your retraction on this at any time, Bucket.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: August 31, 2020, 02:11:22 PM »

People were referencing some Gateway Pundit article citing the same CDC information and stating the co-morbidities were what was actually killing people and this contributed to inflated COVID death numbers. My mistake, if that's not what you were doing.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9735 on: August 31, 2020, 02:12:06 PM »

People were referencing some Gateway Pundit article citing the same CDC information and stating the co-morbidities were what was actually killing people and this contributed to inflated COVID death numbers. My mistake, if that's not what you were doing.

Solid

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9737 on: August 31, 2020, 10:31:44 PM »
good thread.

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1300413312006488064

shoulda interviewed me like two months ago, this seems pretty obvious but glad it's backed by science

Are bars a bad place because people are all horned up and hooking up? I’m trying to grasp this. There’s usually tables in between sections and everyone is wearing a mask. Most of the time. Just what I’ve seen from a distance, from the lake.

there's quite a few reasons bars are the worst places open right now. let's assume you're interacting with someone infected that is contagious. There's three main factors controlling your chance of transmission:

1) Proximity - the closer you are, the more likely you'll inhale their droplets. Good on bars at the lake enforcing mask use and social distancing, but as people drink alcohol, I imagine the mask use as distance between parties goes down. You can look at the bar in East Lansing for evidence of this
2) Time - the longer you're interacting with someone, again, the more opportunities to inhale their droplets. Everyone brings up the grocery store checkout line, but you're usually there for what, 2 minutes tops? Your typical casual sit-down dinner is maybe 45 minutes to an hour? While people sit at bars with the same people and in close proximity for hours.
3) Volume - when people sing/yell/talk loudly, they're sending more droplets your way. Bars turn up the music to make it hard to talk so you drink more, but it also makes you talk a lot louder

I'd say another factor that in general increases your odds of infection at a bar vs. a dinner at a restaurant is WHO you interact with. Generally at a restaurant, you're at a table and you interact with the server and the people you came with - you don't come to socialize with other folks. At a bar at the lake, sure, some people are hanging with their own group, but a lot of people are going around and talking to other parties. More interactions = more opportunities for proximity, time, and volume.

Honestly I think phil wants nothing more than to hit his favorite KC restaurants and be the man about town, but I think he's right that most restaurants SHOULD be quite a bit less risky than your typical bar.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9738 on: August 31, 2020, 10:32:52 PM »
good thread.

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1300413312006488064

shoulda interviewed me like two months ago, this seems pretty obvious but glad it's backed by science

Are bars a bad place because people are all horned up and hooking up? I’m trying to grasp this. There’s usually tables in between sections and everyone is wearing a mask. Most of the time. Just what I’ve seen from a distance, from the lake.

there's quite a few reasons bars are the worst places open right now. let's assume you're interacting with someone infected that is contagious. There's three main factors controlling your chance of transmission:

1) Proximity - the closer you are, the more likely you'll inhale their droplets. Good on bars at the lake enforcing mask use and social distancing, but as people drink alcohol, I imagine the mask use as distance between parties goes down. You can look at the bar in East Lansing for evidence of this
2) Time - the longer you're interacting with someone, again, the more opportunities to inhale their droplets. Everyone brings up the grocery store checkout line, but you're usually there for what, 2 minutes tops? Your typical casual sit-down dinner is maybe 45 minutes to an hour? While people sit at bars with the same people and in close proximity for hours.
3) Volume - when people sing/yell/talk loudly, they're sending more droplets your way. Bars turn up the music to make it hard to talk so you drink more, but it also makes you talk a lot louder

I'd say another factor that in general increases your odds of infection at a bar vs. a dinner at a restaurant is WHO you interact with. Generally at a restaurant, you're at a table and you interact with the server and the people you came with - you don't come to socialize with other folks. At a bar at the lake, sure, some people are hanging with their own group, but a lot of people are going around and talking to other parties. More interactions = more opportunities for proximity, time, and volume.

Honestly I think phil wants nothing more than to hit his favorite KC restaurants and be the man about town, but I think he's right that most restaurants SHOULD be quite a bit less risky than your typical bar.

well there was this too

talking, shouting and singing.

https://twitter.com/carlzimmer/status/1260652736783069184

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9739 on: August 31, 2020, 10:54:10 PM »
Translation:  BidenVoter Rioters and Looters, please wear a mask

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9740 on: August 31, 2020, 11:07:18 PM »
didn't read the article, but i think the headline is correct.  it's enormously sad.

https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1300643375318667264
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9741 on: August 31, 2020, 11:23:38 PM »
3 additional testing sites opened around here for anyone who wants to be tested, for free.

Nice headline I suppose.

Offline NDSU Lollypopkid

• servicing the good witch
  • Dances With Wolves Aggie
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9742 on: September 01, 2020, 12:19:36 AM »
didn't read the article, but i think the headline is correct.  it's enormously sad.

I’ll take things some of us have been doing since April for $600 Alex
titletown..lulz

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9743 on: September 01, 2020, 07:02:12 AM »
https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/unr-researchers-announce-likely-case-of-reinfection-in-reno-man-hospitalized-for-covid-19

In other news. 

Rushed CCP developed vaccines may trigger ADE. 

CCP as usual is scrubbing this discussion.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9744 on: September 01, 2020, 08:06:26 AM »
https://thenevadaindependent.com/article/unr-researchers-announce-likely-case-of-reinfection-in-reno-man-hospitalized-for-covid-19

In other news. 

Amazing that rushing a vaccine is a bad idea.  Let's hope the FDA doesn't try the same.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9745 on: September 01, 2020, 08:33:28 AM »

In other news. 

Amazing that rushing a vaccine is a bad idea.  Let's hope the FDA doesn't try the same.

FDA is stealth Chinese Communist Party (Phil Titola)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9746 on: September 01, 2020, 08:51:36 AM »

I read the article below and the headline is a little sensational but still at least our government is doing something!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1300787997630177288

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9747 on: September 01, 2020, 09:31:05 AM »
I'd take that job.

Just fist pump and crush claws all day. 

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9748 on: September 01, 2020, 09:33:37 AM »
HOPE sign with a spikey ball virus thing.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9749 on: September 01, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »

In other news. 

I just wanted to point out that Phil and Dax agreed on something.  Perhaps we can use this common ground to build something greater.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14