Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1071010 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread
« Reply #9676 on: August 29, 2020, 01:28:58 PM »
That's not that hard to figure out cRusty, you would think that one of the biggest CornoaBro's on this board would easily figure out why.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9677 on: August 29, 2020, 01:31:42 PM »
What should have us all absolutely enraged is ....At this point it's pretty much a total waste of time and all purely symbolic.   

Man I don't know you aren't making a very convincing argument I should be enraged about a waste of time symbolic action but for you, okay, I'm mad at them too now!  Trump failures  :curse: WHO failures  :curse: China  :curse:

:cheers:

Phil it's a Global Pandemic

No one has it beat besides maybe the Swedes and a few small island nations, or those that don't care so they don't test.

The U.S. has conducted 80m SARS-Covid-19 tests, that's double the next non lying nation and more than Germany, UK, Italy, France and Spain combined.   Yes, numbers of tests does count relative to the asymptomatic nature of this virus.   Even the German equivalent to the CDC admitted there's 4x to 10x the known cases in Germany.   The level of tests per 1M populace in the U.S. is more than 2x to 3x  that of Germany, Italy, Spain, France and the U.K individually.

you are the only one making this strawman argument that anybody is saying any country "beat it".  The rest of us are smart enough to understand that's not possible.

You can try and blow smoke up our bums on how great the US has done but the data (180k dead) and the bumbled message we hear from our leaders tells the real story.  November election will let you know what the population thinks of your leader's failed response.  It's like a perfect summation of his 4 years of failures to deliver.

Happy Saturday!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9678 on: August 29, 2020, 01:33:39 PM »
That's not that hard to figure out cRusty, you would think that one of the biggest CornoaBro's on this board would easily figure out why.

I know stats isn't your strong suit but might check out per capita testing.  Also our failure to turn around results timely is a key reason we can't get control.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9679 on: August 29, 2020, 01:34:49 PM »
What should have us all absolutely enraged is ....At this point it's pretty much a total waste of time and all purely symbolic.   

Man I don't know you aren't making a very convincing argument I should be enraged about a waste of time symbolic action but for you, okay, I'm mad at them too now!  Trump failures  :curse: WHO failures  :curse: China  :curse:

:cheers:

Phil it's a Global Pandemic

No one has it beat besides maybe the Swedes and a few small island nations, or those that don't care so they don't test.

The U.S. has conducted 80m SARS-Covid-19 tests, that's double the next non lying nation and more than Germany, UK, Italy, France and Spain combined.   Yes, numbers of tests does count relative to the asymptomatic nature of this virus.   Even the German equivalent to the CDC admitted there's 4x to 10x the known cases in Germany.   The level of tests per 1M populace in the U.S. is more than 2x to 3x  that of Germany, Italy, Spain, France and the U.K individually.

you are the only one making this strawman argument that anybody is saying any country "beat it".  The rest of us are smart enough to understand that's not possible.

You can try and blow smoke up our bums on how great the US has done but the data (180k dead) and the bumbled message we hear from our leaders tells the real story.  November election will let you know what the population thinks of your leader's failed response.  It's like a perfect summation of his 4 years of failures to deliver.

Happy Saturday!

You're having a meltdown day, Phil.  Which is pretty much every day.  If the Chiefs played just about anywhere else in the world, there would at most only a partial crowd in the stands.

Try to relax today.  I suggest a Xanax with a double Tequila chaser(s).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9680 on: August 29, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »

I know stats isn't your strong suit but might check out per capita testing.  Also our failure to turn around results timely is a key reason we can't get control.

You're wrong, Phil.   Again, it's not that hard to figure why the U.S. infection rate is higher.   You and your fellow CornoaBro's meltdown about this issue all the time.

Nobody is really getting control, Phil.   That's why restrictions are in place, or being put in place (again) all across the globe.

We probably just should have gone the Swedish route, but you CornoaBro's would have a nuclear meltdown about it. 

Just think if the Grandma Killers and the highly restrictive lock downs AFTER telling people to go out and party in our largest cities hadn't occurred.  We'd be looking at a mortality level measured in the tens of thousands lower today.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9681 on: August 29, 2020, 01:43:10 PM »
I don't know how our national policy is much different from Sweden's other than their leadership articulated a strategy led by health experts and they shut down colleges and secondary schools across the country.

That said, I'd be all for doing whatever they did if we had solid projections on ICU capacity and death rates that would result.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 01:48:15 PM by michigancat »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9682 on: August 29, 2020, 01:44:35 PM »

Nobody is really getting control, Phil.   That's why restrictions are in place, or being put in place (again) all across the globe.

LOL if you think your posting of "this country number are going up" is at all at the same as the continued uncontrolled spread the US has been in since day 1.  I know you want this to be true so you can normalize Trump's failure though.

We probably just should have gone the Swedish route, but you CornoaBro's would have a nuclear meltdown about it. 

go do a search, I've suggested this many times.  Doesn't fit your attempt to pigeonhole everybody that says a mean thing about Trump.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9683 on: August 29, 2020, 01:47:26 PM »
I don't know how our national policy is any different from Sweden's other than their leadership articulated a strategy and they shut down colleges and secondary schools across the country

Sweden had a modicum of restrictions, but you could still go out to eat, you could still go to a bar etc. etc. the entire time.

Good Grief

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9684 on: August 29, 2020, 01:50:05 PM »

LOL if you think your posting of "this country number are going up" is at all at the same as the continued uncontrolled spread the US has been in since day 1.  I know you want this to be true so you can normalize Trump's failure though.

go do a search, I've suggested this many times.  Doesn't fit your attempt to pigeonhole everybody that says a mean thing about Trump.

Nation's had uncontrolled spread across the globe, Phil.

Many of those countries are just now emerging out of the most severe restrictions and cases are already going back up.

It's meltdown Saturday with Phil Titola (just like every other day).

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9685 on: August 29, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
the US federal government never shut down bars or restaurants and today you can go to a bar or a restaurant literally anywhere in the US

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9686 on: August 29, 2020, 01:54:07 PM »
the US federal government never shut down bars or restaurants and today you can go to a bar or a restaurant literally anywhere in the US

We have a Federalist system, cRusty, and all across this country, governors shut down restaurants and bars. 

They were shut down for weeks upon weeks here.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9688 on: August 29, 2020, 07:55:41 PM »
It's amazing how stupid our in charge experts are.  This is something that should of started earlier, but at the very least start now with the cycle threshold.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9689 on: August 30, 2020, 11:44:41 AM »
interesting thread.

https://twitter.com/apoorva_nyc/status/1299705092178956288
Is this an issue worldwide or just here where the cases are so high? Seems like the whole PCR test strategy (or lack thereof) is a major eff up

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9690 on: August 30, 2020, 12:19:02 PM »

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9692 on: August 31, 2020, 08:24:34 AM »
It failed in Sweden?

I suppose it failed if you consider draconian lock-downs only to emerge to insta-spikes a success. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9693 on: August 31, 2020, 08:29:46 AM »
Barely emerged into phased re-opening, France reports over 7,000 new cases last Friday, 11,000 new cases added over the weekend.

Reproduction rate: 1.4

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9694 on: August 31, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »
It failed in Sweden?

I suppose it failed if you consider draconian lock-downs only to emerge to insta-spikes a success.

Depends on how you define failure.  Their death rate is higher (576 vs. 553 per million) than the US (as of now) and their economy hasn't fared much better by all reports.  Of course our death count is still rising at a much higher clip than theirs so the whole story hasn't been told yet.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?yScale=log&zoomToSelection=true&country=USA~KOR~DEU~BRA~ITA~SWE&deathsMetric=true&interval=smoothed&aligned=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=7&pickerMetric=location&pickerSort=asc

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9695 on: August 31, 2020, 08:35:24 AM »
I don't think other people are going to define success or failure by having more success than us. That's just the difference between being worst or second worst.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9696 on: August 31, 2020, 08:36:25 AM »
Record GDP fall in Sweden, but they still outperformed multiple EU economies last quarter.  8.6% drop as opposed to multiple other EU countries that were in the double digits including France and Germany.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9697 on: August 31, 2020, 08:39:57 AM »
I don't think other people are going to define success or failure by having more success than us. That's just the difference between being worst or second worst.

Let me introduce you to my bud Dax who thinks we've done probably the best job with this pandemic.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9698 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
Sure, two million Americans would die. But what you're failing to understand is that the strategy didn't necessarily fail in Sweden.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9699 on: August 31, 2020, 08:43:27 AM »

Let me introduce you to my bud Dax who thinks we've done probably the best job with this pandemic.

I didn't say that CoronaBro Meltdown Boy Phil.