Author Topic: have you ever invented a new food?  (Read 32026 times)

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: have you ever invented a new food?
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:34 PM »
Ingredients:
-raisins
-peanut butter
-celery

Spread the peanut butter on the inside of the celery and then place the raisins in a line on the peanut butter.

Boom! Enjoy your Beetles on a log, courtesy of inventor KSC.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 11:08:29 PM »
have you ever invented a new food?

Yes.  I'm The Inventor.

Offline POD Lasalle Edition

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
  • the poster formerly known as pig of destiny
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 11:11:16 PM »
i mixed two flavors of koolaid together once. Mostly because im a badass.
your mother is so fat, the recursive function computing her mass still hasn't returned.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 12:09:47 AM »

I make mac and cheese without milk. Have done it for years, since the day my taste buds were craving for M&C and I'd run out of milk.

Had no choice but to make the M&C without milk. So, I boiled up the mac, took it off the burner at the proper time, threw in the packet of cheese, and dumped in 3/4 stick of butter (a bit more than the box recipe called for). Then I stirred the mix.

Sat down, ate it, and loved it. That said, everyone I suggest this recipe to says it sounds gross...but they come back later, admit they tried it, and that they will never go back to M&C with milk.

Give it a try.   :lick:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 12:23:03 AM »

I make mac and cheese without milk. Have done it for years, since the day my taste buds were craving for M&C and I'd run out of milk.

Had no choice but to make the M&C without milk. So, I boiled up the mac, took it off the burner at the proper time, threw in the packet of cheese, and dumped in 3/4 stick of butter (a bit more than the box recipe called for). Then I stirred the mix.

Sat down, ate it, and loved it. That said, everyone I suggest this recipe to says it sounds gross...but they come back later, admit they tried it, and that they will never go back to M&C with milk.

i've never made it with milk.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 12:31:56 AM »

Kindred spirit, apparently, as far as M&C goes.  Most people I know robotically follow the box instructions, which call for milk. Apparently you are no M&C robot.  :thumbs:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2013, 12:34:58 AM »

Kindred spirit, apparently, as far as M&C goes.  Most people I know robotically follow the box instructions, which call for milk. Apparently you are no M&C robot.  :thumbs:

also consider using sour cream, plain yogurt, or cream cheese

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2013, 12:36:04 AM »
ooh, will try with cream cheese

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2013, 12:38:20 AM »
Have not tried those options. Being the adventerous M&C addict that I am, I will try them and report back. Salivating already.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2013, 01:02:53 AM »
this was the raspberry pi tip of the day

Student pizza: toast a slice of bread, smear with ketchup, sprinkle with mixed herbs, cover in grated cheese, grill until cheese melts, eat, resume coding.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2013, 01:13:51 AM »
Tuna rangoon:

1. Canned tuna mixed with cream cheese (and whatever else you feel like...seasonings,etc.)
2. Spread mixture on tortillas and roll up, with toothpick to hold together.
3.  Bake at 350 or whatever for a while.

Serve drunk

:lick:
:adios:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2013, 01:17:35 AM »
Tuna rangoon:

1. Canned tuna mixed with cream cheese (and whatever else you feel like...seasonings,etc.)

Serve drunk

what's your record for tuna rangoons eaten in one sitting?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2013, 01:21:49 AM »
Tuna rangoon:

Serve drunk

This is the only thing posted so far that I am even remotely interested in trying.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2013, 01:29:27 AM »
this was the raspberry pi tip of the day

Student pizza: toast a slice of bread, smear with ketchup, sprinkle with mixed herbs, cover in grated cheese, grill until cheese melts, eat, resume coding.
i used to work at sonic and we made these at work on the grill. very good, especially with a piece of texas toast or similar thickly sliced bread
your mother is so fat, the recursive function computing her mass still hasn't returned.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2013, 07:28:13 AM »
Most of my recipes are already in this thread:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=18670.msg446100#msg446100

easy cheese straight out of the bottle into your mouth until your mouth is almost to overflow then close your mouth and mush it around swallowing it in roughly grape sized globs as it mushes around in there.  repeat until the can is empty. 

jenos party pizza made in the microwave instead of the oven so it remains pliable.  when it is hot take it out and roll it up (cheese side in you dumbass) and eat it like a burrito.

velveeta melted with milk until soupy, pour over a huge bowl full of finely crunched up chips and top with salsa. mix together to form a chip/cheese/salsa paste and eat with a spoon.

ben & jerry's cookie dough ice cream, mix in a tube of pre-made pillsbury cookie dough to make it mostly cookie dough instead of the paltry cookie dough to ice cream ratio the B&J's provides out of the container.

Taco Salad Del Steve Dave Bueno Roja:  taco bell 12 pack HARD SHELL (<-- very important).  Crush them all up in a huge bowl with a spoon or hammer or something.  drop on about 30 packets of taco bell fire sauce.  enjoy.

Chili Dog Pizza:  Get a premade pizza crust at the store.  top with a can of hormel chili (no beans you freakos) then about 6 cut up oscar meyer dogs (cheese filled for extra points) then a package of sharp cheddar cheese.  Bake in the oven for how ever long it takes to get hot.  Chow down bros.

crunch up oreas in a big ass bowl.  heat up frosting so it's liquid.  pour over the crunched up oreos.  Dip a wooden spoon in the mass and let it harden.  lift the football sized mass out of the bowl by the spoon handle and go to town on it like a sugary corndog.

get a recipe for onion rings.  instead of onions use funyuns.

hormel chili heated up in the microwave, instead of crackers drop in an entire package of nacho cheese flavored combos.  stir.  enjoy.

The Bomb enormous burrito from the gas station.  Can of nacho cheese easy cheese.  make a hole in one end of the burrito and insert a straw all the way to the end of the burrito.  put the easy cheese nozel into the other end of the straw.  begin squirting easy cheese while slowly pulling out the straw until you have a seam of nacho cheese inside your burrito to make a much better cheese to other filling ratio.  pound that thing.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2013, 07:50:54 AM »
I created something called Kale Salad.

Ingredients-
Kale
Sardines
Lemon Juice
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Hard Parmesean Cheese(Grated)

Coat Kale in olive oil and cook on stove until it takes the consistency of Collard greens. Combine in bowl with other ingredients and stir, make sure the break up the sardines into very small peices.

Cover with foil and place in Fridge.

Enjoy cold

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2013, 07:53:18 AM »
I'm pretty sure I invented the slider. I was making them a LONG time before you ever saw them on a restaurant menu.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
you guys it'd help if you share what the food is so that others can try it and see if we like it too unless you're just one of those people who don't share recipes and that's ok too but kind of prudish.

mine is a sincronizada, but with the guts of a croque monsieur.  also jamon serrano instead of cooked ham, or prosciutto if you can't get jser.

you can eat it with red wine or white.  no salsa.  can be pretty salty.

i ate so much jamon serrano when i was in madrid but- i never got sick of it. 

dean and deluca sells this substitute  http://www.deandeluca.com/butcher-shop/pork/serrano-style-ham.aspx

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »
I created something called Kale Salad.

Ingredients-
Kale
Sardines
Lemon Juice
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
Hard Parmesean Cheese(Grated)

Coat Kale in olive oil and cook on stove until it takes the consistency of Collard greens. Combine in bowl with other ingredients and stir, make sure the break up the sardines into very small peices.

Cover with foil and place in Fridge.

Enjoy cold

that sounds disgusting

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2013, 12:40:03 PM »
Cook bacon, leave a little grease in the pan
Add butter
Add diced shallots
Add asparagus, sauté for few minutes
When asparagus is almost done, add diced bacon and handful of raisins
Serve topped with pistachio crumbs

BOOM  :thumbs:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »
Most of my recipes are already in this thread:

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=18670.msg446100#msg446100

easy cheese straight out of the bottle into your mouth until your mouth is almost to overflow then close your mouth and mush it around swallowing it in roughly grape sized globs as it mushes around in there.  repeat until the can is empty. 

jenos party pizza made in the microwave instead of the oven so it remains pliable.  when it is hot take it out and roll it up (cheese side in you dumbass) and eat it like a burrito.

velveeta melted with milk until soupy, pour over a huge bowl full of finely crunched up chips and top with salsa. mix together to form a chip/cheese/salsa paste and eat with a spoon.

ben & jerry's cookie dough ice cream, mix in a tube of pre-made pillsbury cookie dough to make it mostly cookie dough instead of the paltry cookie dough to ice cream ratio the B&J's provides out of the container.

Taco Salad Del Steve Dave Bueno Roja:  taco bell 12 pack HARD SHELL (<-- very important).  Crush them all up in a huge bowl with a spoon or hammer or something.  drop on about 30 packets of taco bell fire sauce.  enjoy.

Chili Dog Pizza:  Get a premade pizza crust at the store.  top with a can of hormel chili (no beans you freakos) then about 6 cut up oscar meyer dogs (cheese filled for extra points) then a package of sharp cheddar cheese.  Bake in the oven for how ever long it takes to get hot.  Chow down bros.

crunch up oreas in a big ass bowl.  heat up frosting so it's liquid.  pour over the crunched up oreos.  Dip a wooden spoon in the mass and let it harden.  lift the football sized mass out of the bowl by the spoon handle and go to town on it like a sugary corndog.

get a recipe for onion rings.  instead of onions use funyuns.

hormel chili heated up in the microwave, instead of crackers drop in an entire package of nacho cheese flavored combos.  stir.  enjoy.

The Bomb enormous burrito from the gas station.  Can of nacho cheese easy cheese.  make a hole in one end of the burrito and insert a straw all the way to the end of the burrito.  put the easy cheese nozel into the other end of the straw.  begin squirting easy cheese while slowly pulling out the straw until you have a seam of nacho cheese inside your burrito to make a much better cheese to other filling ratio.  pound that thing.

I am going to tell my GF that I am making dinner tonight and make one of these.  Have not decided which one yet though.  Only veto is Ez Cheez as no way in hell she would eat that.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
True story - I was working at this sando shop called Adrians Cafe back in high school.

I gutted one of the loafs of bread, filled it with nothing but mustard and ketchup and then taped the heal of the bread back on. I went to the back and punted the KetchstardLoaf into someones yard. A dog then ate the entire loaf while I was LOL'ing but kinda feeling pretty bad.

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread at all  :dunno:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline powercat_62

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2013, 01:21:47 PM »
Thai ramen

Packet of Ramen (Oriental or chili flavor works best)
can of tuna
egg
soy sauce
sriracha (or packets of Panda chili sauce)
chunky peanut butter
garlic chowder

Cook ramen in a pot with around 2 cups of water, bring to a boil and drop in scramble egg (kind of like you are making egg drop soup).   allow egg to cook, turn down heat and add the tuna.  Add garlic chowder, soy sauce, sriracha, and peanut putter to taste.

Option stuff to throw in if you have it:  green onions, cilantro, lime juice, bean sprouts, shredded carrots

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2013, 01:31:52 PM »
True story - I was working at this sando shop called Adrians Cafe back in high school.

I gutted one of the loafs of bread, filled it with nothing but mustard and ketchup and then taped the heal of the bread back on. I went to the back and punted the KetchstardLoaf into someones yard. A dog then ate the entire loaf while I was LOL'ing but kinda feeling pretty bad.

didn't your shoe get covered in ketchup and mustard? woof.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2013, 01:33:12 PM »

what did you feel bad about? the wasted loaf and condiments?