Author Topic: Master Dating Thread  (Read 759526 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Master Dating Thread
« Reply #2400 on: May 10, 2013, 03:31:56 PM »
ben ji, you dont need any game or apologies (no one ever needs apologies) when you have an adorable puppy like lady.

just ask to do something outdoors and boom, lady does the rest. why else do you have a dog...?

True story- Back in november I was still trying to win her heart back I asked her if she wanted to hang out on a thursday and she was all like "Well considering thats my bday(i didnt know! no FB to remind me!) probably not" Then on her bday I sent her of picture of lady sitting on a piece of paper that said "Happy Bday!"

SHE LOVED IT :D

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 10, 2013, 03:32:44 PM »
ben ji, you dont need any game or apologies (no one ever needs apologies) when you have an adorable puppy like lady.

just ask to do something outdoors and boom, lady does the rest. why else do you have a dog...?

True story- Back in november I was still trying to win her heart back I asked her if she wanted to hang out on a thursday and she was all like "Well considering thats my bday(i didnt know! no FB to remind me!) probably not" Then on her bday I sent her of picture of lady sitting on a piece of paper that said "Happy Bday!"

SHE LOVED IT :D
OMG  :love:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 10, 2013, 03:57:19 PM »
Oh hey, quick update. She just got a job in Wichita  :goodbyecruelworld:

time to melt the eff down

Quote your original post or recap. we can't keep track of everyone, but we want to help.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 10, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »
Oh hey, quick update. She just got a job in Wichita  :goodbyecruelworld:

time to melt the eff down

Quote your original post or recap. we can't keep track of everyone, but we want to help.

Trying to work on things w/ my ex-fiance who lives in Lawrence and with whom I own a home there, it sucks  :frown:

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 10, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »
Basically I've put her interests ahead of mine our entire relationship. She's always worried about the future and I'm more a "live for today, tomorrow might not come" person so it's probably for the best to move on. It won't be easy  :frown:

Thanks for listening bros

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13:02 PM »
Basically I've put her interests ahead of mine our entire relationship. She's always worried about the future and I'm more a "live for today, tomorrow might not come" person so it's probably for the best to move on. It won't be easy  :frown:

Best of luck bud. Binge your ass off tonight and hit on some fillies. it hurts a little less after that.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 10, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »
ER3, do what's best for you.  If you want to live for today because tomorrow might not come and she doesn't agree with that philosophy and cannot be persuaded, then (as Wackycat08 so eloquently put it) binge your ass off and hit on some fillies.  If you aren't able to live for today because you can't live without her, then do whatever it takes to get her back.

Best of luck friend.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:53 PM »

You were invested, it's supposed to be hard.  But when you put her ahead of you 100% of the time you're going to wake up in 10 years going  :facepalm: or  :flush:

Go watch swingers, it's a fantastic breakup movie
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 10, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »

You were invested, it's supposed to be hard.  But when you put her ahead of you 100% of the time you're going to wake up in 10 years going  :facepalm: or  :flush:

Go watch swingers, it's a fantastic breakup movie
It really is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 10, 2013, 04:32:49 PM »
1) sell house
2) find job and move to New York or Chicago or LA

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
1) sell house

ERII isn't hip enough for SF i guess.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 10, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »
Trim said during SpringGamePak that he'd pay Fanning 18k/yr to follow him around and be his Ryan Wallace. I'll see if the offer stands for me as well

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Master Dating Thread
« Reply #2412 on: May 10, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »

1) sell house

mcat dispenses good advice (in general)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 10, 2013, 05:23:38 PM »
1) sell house

ERII isn't hip enough for SF i guess.

I would rather live in the places I listed, all things equal.

Offline KSUblumpkin

• Dr. Blumpkin, Esquire
  • goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Combo-Fan
  • My awesomeness gives Bill Self diarrhea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 10, 2013, 05:25:44 PM »

Hey ERII.  This is a real tough one.  I won't go into how I was also once engaged.  Let's just say it didn't end well.  If you really want to give it another shot, communicate.  Talk, talk and then talk some more.  Give it your freaking best and all that you have.  If it doesn't work out, brother you did every damn thing you could and their is no regret/shame in that. 

The worst part about the engagement fiance dumping is the pain it will cause (you, her everyone).  If she is steam rolling you brother, man I feel for you.  Nothing hurts more than constantly putting someone first and they see right past you like what you did was expected.  If you did everything you possibly could, no worries...it just wasn't meant to be. 

Be resilient, be cognizant and realize that maybe the person you are putting yourself out there for is not doing the same.  You cannot reason with the unreasonable and you can't make anyone feel a certain way.  One of my favorite group session counseling techniques is to have a bunch of drug addicts read "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.  The tree kept giving and became a stump.  The boy kept taking and was left empty and wanting more.  When nothing was left of the tree, he finally acknowledged what it was...something he loved.  Not a very good relationship brother.  Love/drugs are so eerily similar that this applies to both scenarios. 

Sidenote - sorry for all the "brother" statements in this post.  I've been watching Lost like a mother trucker and I've been incorporating a little more Desmond in my vocabulary such as "What did one snowman say to the other? Smells like carrots brother."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:29:31 PM by KSUblumpkin »
#OperationMotorBoatCindy

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: May 10, 2013, 05:39:14 PM »

Hey ERII.  This is a real tough one.  I won't go into how I was also once engaged.  Let's just say it didn't end well.  If you really want to give it another shot, communicate.  Talk, talk and then talk some more.  Give it your freaking best and all that you have.  If it doesn't work out, brother you did every damn thing you could and their is no regret/shame in that. 

The worst part about the engagement fiance dumping is the pain it will cause (you, her everyone).  If she is steam rolling you brother, man I feel for you.  Nothing hurts more than constantly putting someone first and they see right past you like what you did was expected.  If you did everything you possibly could, no worries...it just wasn't meant to be. 

Be resilient, be cognizant and realize that maybe the person you are putting yourself out there for is not doing the same.  You cannot reason with the unreasonable and you can't make anyone feel a certain way.  One of my favorite group session counseling techniques is to have a bunch of drug addicts read "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.  The tree kept giving and became a stump.  The boy kept taking and was left empty and wanting more.  When nothing was left of the tree, he finally acknowledged what it was...something he loved.  Not a very good relationship brother.  Love/drugs are so eerily similar that this applies to both scenarios. 

Sidenote - sorry for all the "brother" statements in this post.  I've been watching Lost like a mother trucker and I've been incorporating a little more Desmond in my vocabulary such as "What did one snowman say to the other? Smells like carrots brother."

:thumbs: Thanks blump,  I don't mind all the "brother" statements, Desmond is the man. I'm just glad you weren't randomly yelling "WAAAAAALT!!"

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Master Dating Thread
« Reply #2416 on: May 10, 2013, 05:50:35 PM »
Sea otters rape and kill baby seals fwiw.

Baby seals need to learn the way of the world just like any other critter.

Also, maybe the baby seal should not have fallen directly in the sea otter's lap

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 10, 2013, 05:51:46 PM »
mod's, please change blumpz name to "KSUJohnnyDare".  TIA.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 10, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »

Offline EuroCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 10, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
Welp, looks like i'm dating an OU fan

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Master Dating Thread
« Reply #2420 on: May 10, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
I enjoy most couples I know that are passionate about different teams

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 11, 2013, 12:45:15 AM »
Friends. Things are going well with my current gf. The one caveat: her dog. Adorable most times, but is jealous as eff. Literally every time the gf and i make physical contact with each other she flips crap. i've learned to ignore the barking most times but in a few situations it's the anti-aphrodesiac.

any advice?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Master Dating Thread
« Reply #2422 on: May 11, 2013, 12:55:38 AM »

Friends. Things are going well with my current gf. The one caveat: her dog. Adorable most times, but is jealous as eff. Literally every time the gf and i make physical contact with each other she flips crap. i've learned to ignore the barking most times but in a few situations it's the anti-aphrodesiac.

any advice?

what Matt dillon does to the dog in there's something about Mary, only with downers

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: May 11, 2013, 08:23:43 AM »
Ell,  I just got through a similar situation.  Dump her.  Dump her hard and live your life.  Let me know if you need to talk.  It's rough crap knowing what you need to do but not really feeling like you can. 
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 11, 2013, 10:06:17 AM »
I've encountered this. I just got over it, and a little furry snuggle on your butt cheek while you're inside someone is an odd thing to admit to getting over, but there you have it