Author Topic: what if avery johnston is a complete badass??  (Read 39040 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what if avery johnston is a complete badass??
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2022, 08:22:51 PM »
If CK x2 and Avery don’t take us to a Natty. We’re never making one.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2022, 08:31:58 PM »
If CK x2 and Avery don’t take us to a Natty. We’re never making one.
Don’t do this to yourself. We should be very happy with one Big 12 championship from him, and even that is very hard to do.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2022, 09:48:36 PM »
i’d love and somewhat expect to see at least two big 12’s and one national championship appearance

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2022, 09:55:25 PM »
Why settle for 2nd when 1st is available?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2022, 10:20:25 PM »
Man, I love him so much. Someone needs to tell him that he can and should be getting paid to do that.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »
I don't necessarily need a championship out of Avery, but I would really like a playoff appearance.  I think it's pretty achievable in the new format and would potentially be achievable in the current one.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2022, 10:07:09 AM »
I don't necessarily need a championship out of Avery, but I would really like a playoff appearance.  I think it's pretty achievable in the new format and would potentially be achievable in the current one.

We will probably be going to the new playoffs every year.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2022, 11:23:09 AM »
Our recruiting is still like 8th out of 10.

We need to do better.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 14, 2022, 11:26:08 AM »
We’re a year away from competing for conference title = competing for a playoff spot. We’ll get there. Heck I’d be surprised if half the Big 12 doesn’t land there at some point over the first 10 years of the expanded format.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 14, 2022, 11:32:52 AM »

We need to do better.

Last I checked we are 29th in rivals, that’s worse than 7 other big 12 teams?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2022, 12:20:14 PM »

We need to do better.

Last I checked we are 29th in rivals, that’s worse than 7 other big 12 teams?

They show us 7/10.

On3 has us at 8

247 has us at 7

I think this is a great class for us. They need to sustain this level though if they expect to have high level of success like we want.

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 14, 2022, 12:31:32 PM »
After we whip Bama's ass in a couple of weeks, all of 'cruits will gain another star.

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 14, 2022, 12:33:25 PM »
We can - and have - won despite being 7th-10th in recruiting rankings in the conference. The difference with this class is that while we're still 7th-8th, the gap is much, much narrower than it was when our classes were ranked in the 40s-60s and everyone else was inside the top 30.

If we can recruit classes inside the top 30-35 consistently, we're going to be very well positioned to compete for league titles/playoff spots on an annual basis.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 14, 2022, 12:48:55 PM »
Man, I love him so much. Someone needs to tell him that he can and should be getting paid to do that.

Part of what makes this special is because he doesn't get paid.  Why ruin it?  He'll get his payday soon enough.  Lord.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 14, 2022, 01:00:55 PM »

Part of what makes this special is because he doesn't get paid.  Why ruin it?  He'll get his payday soon enough.  Lord.
Yes! Jesus Christ - if we are getting to the point of appearance fees for 10-year old birthday parties than y'all can eff right off.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »

Yes! Jesus Christ - if we are getting to the point of appearance fees for 10-year old birthday parties than y'all can eff right off.

Yeah, it's cool that he's doing this now. It was a two sentence post that you two managed to miss the first sentence of while getting outraged.

However, the more he does this the more people will expect it. You guys ever meet a college athlete? Their time is extremely valuable. However, he needs to know that it's perfectly okay to be more protective of his time and not listen to people who will shame him when he inevitably does.

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2022, 08:06:13 PM »

Yeah, it's cool that he's doing this now. It was a two sentence post that you two managed to miss the first sentence of while getting outraged.

However, the more he does this the more people will expect it. You guys ever meet a college athlete? Their time is extremely valuable. However, he needs to know that it's perfectly okay to be more protective of his time and not listen to people who will shame him when he inevitably does.

one of the weirdest things about college football fans is that they will watch 4 hours of amateur, uncompensated athletes ritually harming their brains for a cartel every saturday then turn around and say that players finally being compensated ruins the wholesomeness.

dude, we've been shipping these guys out to scott city and crap for fundraising events, autograph sessions and meet/greets with donors in MHK, open practices, *unpaid* all in an effort to make our program more flush with cash, STFU. if a player wants to charge $75 an hour to show up at your dumb kids birthday party and that bothers you then take it up w/ capitalism, not sure what to tell you
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 08:40:04 PM by Paul Moscow »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2022, 08:19:42 PM »
if a college football player came to my birthday party, I would give him a bag of cash (counterfeit) and then probably talk about sports and video games.  after that, we’d go pull some pelts from the bar.  100% real talk here, no bs.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2022, 10:04:55 AM »

I read your first sentence but maybe you didn't read all of mine?  The kid is still in high school and did a nice thing, period.  It is great to see and I appreciate your love for him.  When he gets to college and starts having to do fundraising events etc etc, by all means pay the kid.  There was hardly any outrage but I know how you like to make things more dramatic than they are.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 17, 2022, 04:05:19 PM »
 the real cheetah

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 17, 2022, 04:21:58 PM »
The East defense is basically Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee commits and he torched them, holy crap.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best