Author Topic: oscar's Press Conference  (Read 14177 times)

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2022, 03:49:37 PM »
oscar is so deep in some of your heads still loool

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2022, 03:57:58 PM »
i want to like our coach and backing into a couple trophies and following them up with historically bad teams by every measure just doesn’t cut it.  i disliked oscar because of his character and that obviously hasn’t changed as he displayed to the world on his way out.  you find out a lot about people when things are going rough and this redass continually reminded us who he is.

deuces, bitch

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2022, 04:05:28 PM »
i want to like our coach and backing into a couple trophies and following them up with historically bad teams by every measure just doesn’t cut it.  i disliked oscar because of his character and that obviously hasn’t changed as he displayed to the world on his way out.  you find out a lot about people when things are going rough and this redass continually reminded us who he is.

deuces, bitch
”Backing into a couple of trophies”. Lol. Frank couldn’t even manage that. Just unnecessary fuss from our leaders on this board. He surpassed our expectations and dunked on all of us on his way out. 2 time conference champ and matched Frank’s elite 8 run and then… has all time wins for K-State. He won the war.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2022, 04:16:18 PM »
you really need to let this frank thing go, i was not a pro-frank guy and oscar didn’t win a damn thing, his players did

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2022, 06:10:13 PM »
MisFitzermation alleges the Webs press conference went over like a fart in church inside the AD.

MisFitzermation alleges all good will is gone.

Offline Woogy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2022, 06:24:00 PM »
MisFitzermation alleges the Webs press conference went over like a fart in church inside the AD.

And that's it in a nutshell: His own lack of self awareness is his downfall.  Same with oscar.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »

Even if this happened, to be clear, it didn't. What did he say that would have anyone pissed off? He didn't say the athletic department didn't support him. He said that social media is toxic, Gene has said the same thing publicly. The rest of the press conference was classic oscar, stuff he's said before. He's made that point about winning more conference championships than the previous 6 guys before. He thanked Gene, although he needed to get prompted to do so. There was nothing in that press conference that would have offended the athletic department, if anything they did what most of us did and that's roll their eyes, but I'm certain Gene has heard all of that before.

Fitz is full of crap and if I could be bothered, I'd pay the literal $1 it costs to be a premium member of his site, to tell him as much.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2022, 07:31:49 PM »

deuces, bitch
”Backing into a couple of trophies”. Lol.

I mean, he did. The only reason we have any claim to those trophoes is some laughable tiebreaker rules. We went 0-3 against KU the year we split the Big XII with them. Do you really feel a legit claim to first place after that? I don’t, because I have a little pride. The other year we got one, we split it with Texas Tech, who btw went on to play in the national championship that year. So sorry if I don’t super buy into the oscar hero worship for, yes, backing into (at minimum his first, kind of his second, also) Big XII championship. Is it better than nothing? Yes. Is it as good as an outright? Not even close. Did K-State Athletics and subsequently oscar brag about them as if they were outrights that we didn’t back into? Yes.

It’s like this: in 2012, we beat OU in football head to head before Baylor ultimately crushed our natty dreams. We were OU’s only league loss. Because of the Baylor game, we ended up with the same league record as OU, so despite us beating them on their own home field in the head-to-head, they can still technically claim that they were Big XII champions that year just as much as we can. Do they? Idk, how losery are they?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 07:54:39 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2022, 07:38:59 PM »
well no other coach even split it. so same point stands. oscar > every coach before him.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2022, 08:04:51 PM »
oscar himself told the team before getting our asses kicked in the big 12 tourney “did you really earn it?” I think it is pointless to try and re litigate the oscar era—bottom line everyone agrees he had to go and he is gone so ultimately it does not matter. Crown him if you want I guess, but his ass got canned.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2022, 08:05:13 PM »

deuces, bitch

I mean, he did. The only reason we have any claim to those trophoes is some laughable tiebreaker rules. We went 0-3 against KU the year we split the Big XII with them. Do you really feel a legit claim to first place after that? I don’t, because I have a little pride. The other year we got one, we split it with Texas Tech, who btw went on to play in the national championship that year. So sorry if I don’t super buy into the oscar hero worship for, yes, backing into (at minimum his first, kind of his second, also) Big XII championship. Is it better than nothing? Yes. Is it as good as an outright? Not even close. Did K-State Athletics and subsequently oscar brag about them as if they were outrights that we didn’t back into? Yes.

It’s like this: in 2012, we beat OU in football head to head before Baylor ultimately crushed our natty dreams. We were OU’s only league loss. Because of the Baylor game, we ended up with the same league record as OU, so despite us beating them on their own home field in the head-to-head, they can still technically claim that they were Big XII champions that year just as much as we can. Do they? Idk, how losery are they?

He beat Tech the year he shared the title, but both are legit regardless. Your arguments are very dumb.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2022, 08:09:44 PM »
well no other coach even split it. so same point stands. oscar > every coach before him.

Based on the last three years, oscar < every coach before him.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2022, 08:21:01 PM »

Seems silly to only use three years when you have the compete legacy of every coach in Kansas State Basketball history to compare to. Anyone exclusively using the first seven years or the last three years to measure his legacy is a clown.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2022, 08:22:38 PM »

deuces, bitch

He beat Tech the year he shared the title, but both are legit regardless. Your arguments are very dumb.
your face is dumb

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2022, 08:23:38 PM »
the irl best part about the absolute bed shitting is that it's just basketball. we went three entire seasons of being the worst team in the conference and nobody really gave/gives a crap and we didn't even fire the obvious loser coach until the end of the third season. and even then our fans are like "well it's a clean program so....". imagine if this was football. we'd rightfully burn the university to the ground. we are very lucky honestly.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2022, 08:25:26 PM »
It's pretty crazy that oscar leaving has made some people even more irrational about this dude. I don't understand the end game with trying to reduce what he did or didn't do here. He got fired, the conference championships didn't save him, what's the point of minimizing them? Even if he went 18-0 in 2012, that doesn't make him less fired now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2022, 08:29:09 PM »
It's pretty crazy that oscar leaving has made some people even more irrational about this dude. I don't understand the end game with trying to reduce what he did or didn't do here. He got fired, the conference championships didn't save him, what's the point of minimizing them? Even if he went 18-0 in 2012, that doesn't make him less fired now.

It's really weird

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2022, 08:33:28 PM »
Surely the gE algorithms can find who all agreed oscar was entitled to a lifetime extension if he managed an Elite Eight run. There were more than one of you!

The funny thing is, when we hired oscar the only thing that gave me comfort was that his accomplishments on paper looked pretty solid. That remains true today.

Not that any of it matters because letting oscar go was the most obvious decision in the world. I’m ready to be excited about bball again.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2022, 08:37:17 PM »

Seems silly to only use three years when you have the compete legacy of every coach in Kansas State Basketball history to compare to. Anyone exclusively using the first seven years or the last three years to measure his legacy is a clown.

Yes, that's the point.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2022, 08:42:16 PM »
another very cringey but funny thing that oscar talking about was his hair and obsession with ku getting in trouble. just incredible lmao big hair energy from self proclaimed little bro.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2022, 08:51:48 PM »
10-20, 15-15 who cares same crap. It’s the peak years that really matter.

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2022, 08:52:30 PM »
the irl best part about the absolute bed shitting is that it's just basketball. we went three entire seasons of being the worst team in the conference and nobody really gave/gives a crap and we didn't even fire the obvious loser coach until the end of the third season. and even then our fans are like "well it's a clean program so....". imagine if this was football. we'd rightfully burn the university to the ground. we are very lucky honestly.

10 minutes of action in 3 hours 😂

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 12, 2022, 09:00:32 PM »

For those that are scratching their heads as to why nobody appreciates his accomplishments perhaps as much as they should…I would posit that its bc with the exception of those 2 co-titles, we were pretty bad. As in we were not even sniffing around being competitive within the conference. So yeah, for those that want to put a lot of weight on the importance of how you perform in the conference…2 great seasons. The other 8…I think one time we finished 4th but the other 7 seasons we were playing on Wednesday. And that year we got 4th we were still like a full 5 games back of first place which is kind of a chasm for 18 games

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2022, 09:06:02 PM »
I very much enjoyed the couple good years, and very much either disliked or (more recently) lost interest in the bad years. He'll be remembered for those couple good years and also for being shitty for the majority of his time here and getting fired for being shitty. it is what it is, ups and downs. I hope the next coach is way better!

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2022, 09:10:48 PM »
Which was better - his illinois career or his ksu career?  Or were they the same?