Author Topic: oscar's Press Conference  (Read 14077 times)

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
Re: oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2022, 06:16:24 PM »
First off, thank you for the compliment. Second off, I'm emotionally unavailable ALWAYS.

oscar's story about driving 9 hours (not a lot by the way) to Western Kentucky to land a job in the college ranks only to be forgotten about and then offered a pity job after is a pretty rough ridin' perfect allegory for his career in general. Despite his lack of talent or skill, his vanilla flavor and digestible ethics have landed him in some opportunistic positions. The remainder of the presser was spent justifying why his ship shouldn't be sinking while it was three years (at least) under water and that he should be given a new ship despite his history of ship sinking; tangental rants about how kids don't understand pay phones aside--even though this is great insight into why he's a sub-par recruiter. Blame politics are all fine and good, but claiming to be holier than thou in a league as morally corrupt as the NCAA only makes you the nicest exploiter. I did really like how he completely skipped over Wooly tho.

There was a fairly funny story posted by Gary Parrish on twitter where Gary talked about how Tom Izzo felt bad for Webz having to make a drive to visit the same recruit Izzo was flying in his private jet to talk to. After a whole plane ride of Oscar saying "thank you" probably too many times, Izzo informed GP that he did it because "if he lost a recruit to Weber he knew it wouldn't be because Weber was underhanded." Nice story. Unless, like Brucey's presser, you actually think about it. Izzo gave a ride to him because Weber wasn't ever a threat. Easy for a wolf to invite a lamb to dinner.

If you choose to buy every ounce of what oscar said on its surface without reconciling the fact that all of it is actually indicative of why he shouldn't have been hired in the first place that's on you.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »
Woolridge got more grace on his way out vs. oscar. That’s fine if you hate him, he’s a dork. But he won 2 conference championships and went to an elite 8. Meanwhile, the Frankers keep quiet about his 1 tourney appearance in 10 years at South Carolina, because he’s likable. I respect his mic drop on the way out and he blocked me on Twitter. Hope he kills it somewhere next! Nothing he said on his way out was wrong.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2022, 06:30:40 PM »
Woolridge got more grace on his way out vs. oscar. That’s fine if you hate him, he’s a dork. But he won 2 conference championships and went to an elite 8. Meanwhile, the Frankers keep quiet about his 1 tourney appearance in 10 years at South Carolina, because he’s likable. I respect his mic drop on the way out and he blocked me on Twitter. Hope he kills it somewhere next! Nothing he said on his way out was wrong.

Would you support Frank coming back to the clowder?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2022, 06:30:56 PM »
He’s been to the sweet 16 at three straight schools, dude can coach. He’s also stubborn and unwilling to adapt so got his ass fired from the last two.  Incredibly weird dude that is allergic to personal responsibility and has a massive red ass about most things.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2022, 06:32:48 PM »

Would you support Frank coming back to the clowder?
No!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2022, 06:34:52 PM »
He’s been to the sweet 16 at three straight schools, dude can coach. He’s also stubborn and unwilling to adapt so got his ass fired from the last two.  Incredibly weird dude that is allergic to personal responsibility and has a massive red ass about most things.
Agreed

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2022, 06:37:23 PM »
The thing about Frank, that no one wants to admit, is he went through a lot of offensive droughts with us. The clipboard was always with Brad and somehow Frank manufactured lots and overcame lots of droughts for us, because of Brad.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 09:42:21 PM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2022, 09:27:00 PM »
r

You're not ruining my buzz with your misplace remorse. He should never have beeen hired and fired after the "nice guy" ran off a team of his own recruits.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2022, 09:28:28 PM »
Lol. Water, bud!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2022, 10:26:47 PM »
First off, thank you for the compliment. Second off, I'm emotionally unavailable ALWAYS.

oscar's story about driving 9 hours (not a lot by the way) to Western Kentucky to land a job in the college ranks only to be forgotten about and then offered a pity job after is a pretty rough ridin' perfect allegory for his career in general. Despite his lack of talent or skill, his vanilla flavor and digestible ethics have landed him in some opportunistic positions. The remainder of the presser was spent justifying why his ship shouldn't be sinking while it was three years (at least) under water and that he should be given a new ship despite his history of ship sinking; tangental rants about how kids don't understand pay phones aside--even though this is great insight into why he's a sub-par recruiter. Blame politics are all fine and good, but claiming to be holier than thou in a league as morally corrupt as the NCAA only makes you the nicest exploiter. I did really like how he completely skipped over Wooly tho.

There was a fairly funny story posted by Gary Parrish on twitter where Gary talked about how Tom Izzo felt bad for Webz having to make a drive to visit the same recruit Izzo was flying in his private jet to talk to. After a whole plane ride of Oscar saying "thank you" probably too many times, Izzo informed GP that he did it because "if he lost a recruit to Weber he knew it wouldn't be because Weber was underhanded." Nice story. Unless, like Brucey's presser, you actually think about it. Izzo gave a ride to him because Weber wasn't ever a threat. Easy for a wolf to invite a lamb to dinner.

If you choose to buy every ounce of what oscar said on its surface without reconciling the fact that all of it is actually indicative of why he shouldn't have been hired in the first place that's on you.

That's fine and all but the thing I took exception to was you hinting that his success was due to anything other than being a good, but not great basketball coach. All that other trick voodoo crap you were talking about is  :bs:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2022, 10:45:59 PM »

I'm just excited that asava cares enough to post on this blog again. Welcome back Asava, lets catch some trout this summer and daydream about how many big12 titles Brad will win.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2022, 02:11:25 PM »
lmao, oscar gtfo loser

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2022, 02:18:15 PM »
lmao, oscar gtfo loser

:dunno: the man said he was going to coach again, he was pretty clear he wasn't retiring. He also said something to the effect of "one day I hope Megan and I can come back."

Fitz has an extensive history of promulgating absurd rumors that he's never been held to account to prove them, he's also been very unprofessional when it comes to oscar. There was no indication this was set up was even a possiblity, it all sounds totally made up.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2022, 02:20:43 PM »
Fitz rough ridin' hates oscar with a passion.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2022, 02:30:00 PM »
Is that the "It's Patterson" guy?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2022, 02:38:21 PM »
Is that the "It's Patterson" guy?

Yes.

Also there's a reason he did this as a message board post instead of an article for his website. Could you imagine the traffic he'd get with this as a headline? He didn't even tweet it out. He did use his twitter to dox some dude who is neighbors with oscar though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »
Both sides have points but if I was just allowed to step down and not get fired from a $2.5mm/yr job that I OBJECTIVELY BEEN THE WORST AT IN MY INDUSTRY FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS I would not trash my boss or their customers.  I would say thanks, sorry it didn't work out, I think I am still good and would love to prove it for another employer and stand up.

Who hires that crap now?  You want that whining, deflecting BS now fired twice for sucking absolute crap as your star coach?

He'd better hope Keady and Izzo start a search firm soon.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2022, 02:56:16 PM »
Nobody's KORA'd the exact terms of the "resignation" yet?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2022, 02:57:00 PM »
Both sides have points but if I was just allowed to step down and not get fired from a $2.5mm/yr job that I OBJECTIVELY BEEN THE WORST AT IN MY INDUSTRY FOR 3 STRAIGHT YEARS I would not trash my boss or their customers.  I would say thanks, sorry it didn't work out, I think I am still good and would love to prove it for another employer and stand up.

Who hires that crap now?  You want that whining, deflecting BS now fired twice for sucking absolute crap as your star coach?

You keep putting his salary against, him like it’s not the norm for a P6 ncaa bball job. He’s an unlikeable douche bag, but his salary was never the issue here and we won the same amount of conference titles under him than Snyder’s entire tenure here.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2022, 03:00:23 PM »

You keep putting his salary against, him like it’s not the norm for a P6 ncaa bball job. He’s an unlikeable douche bag, but his salary was never the issue here and we won the same amount of conference titles under him than Snyder’s entire tenure here.

Salary is always a consideration.  We can hire a coach for $800k to finish last every year.  If you think compensation is irrelevant in sports or business I can't explain it to you.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2022, 03:01:31 PM »

Give Asava his CSourk'y for Post of the Year. eff, this might be Post of the Decade. Very well said and welcome back, Asava. Miss you, bud. :cheers:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2022, 03:04:46 PM »
I mean yeah salary matters, but it’s not a consideration of whether to keep a guy. No one is ever going to be like, yeah he totally sucks but it’s costing us basically nothing so we’ll let it ride.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2022, 03:09:39 PM »
Who's more bitter: oscar or the fans that hate him?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2022, 03:28:39 PM »
I mean yeah salary matters, but it’s not a consideration of whether to keep a guy. No one is ever going to be like, yeah he totally sucks but it’s costing us basically nothing so we’ll let it ride.

No, but the S can him and hire another cheap ass.

My post was more in the context of oscar making a F ton for being the worst and losing KSU's customers then trashing those customers.  I can see a low paid employee blasting his boss/customers on the way out.  An employee who was grossly overpaid and lost his boss a significant customer base should STFU

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2022, 03:34:46 PM »

Salary is always a consideration.  We can hire a coach for $800k to finish last every year.  If you think compensation is irrelevant in sports or business I can't explain it to you.
He did something that had never been done since 1977. You weren’t even in school for that. It was a huge deal and then he did it again. It’s ok to admit he surpassed your expectations, but I doubt you will.