Author Topic: oscar's Press Conference  (Read 14195 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2022, 02:22:11 PM »
The stuff he says never bothered me. By the same token, I never got horned up over the stuff Frank said. But I enjoy stuff in my own weird ways. I guess I need a new avatar.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »
When he took us to the elite 8 without our best player, half this board still couldn’t accept him. You guys don’t deserve good things.

The facts that oscar never got a fair shake from a not insignificant portion of our fanbase, and that oscar brought/brings a lot of negative attention his own way aren't mutually exclusive.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2022, 02:27:09 PM »
When he took us to the elite 8 without our best player, half this board still couldn’t accept him. You guys don’t deserve good things.

The facts that oscar never got a fair shake from a not insignificant portion of our fanbase, and that oscar brought/brings a lot of negative attention his own way aren't mutually exclusive.
Well, the rough ridin' tree fell in the Illinois woods and we heard it long before he got to KSU.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 04:22:14 PM »
fantastic presser, one of the best ever. fan expectations at k-state are too unrealistic. everyone wants and expects k-state to contend for a big 12 title every couple years, or at worst finish top three, and to make the ncaa tourney every year or close to it. well, that is simply never gonna happen.

my goals for k-state hoops are simple:

1. beat kansas once every four years.
2. be good enough to not get relegated to having all your games on ESPN+ or ESPNNews.
3. be good enough where k-state's crap fans care enough to fill bramlage to half capacity or more on a weeknight.
4. make a deep ncaa tourney run once per decade.

Online BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 04:33:43 PM »
fantastic presser, one of the best ever. fan expectations at k-state are too unrealistic. everyone wants and expects k-state to contend for a big 12 title every couple years, or at worst finish top three, and to make the ncaa tourney every year or close to it. well, that is simply never gonna happen.

2. be good enough to not get relegated to having all your games on ESPN+ or ESPNNews.
3. be good enough where k-state's crap fans care enough to fill bramlage to half capacity or more on a weeknight.

we don't settle for 2nd when 1st is available.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2022, 04:38:13 PM »

My kstate bball expectations are pretty similar to football

1. Make the tourney/bowl game 4/5 years.
2. Seriously contend for a conference title once every 5 years.
3. Deep run once every 10ish years (Elite 8/NYD bowl)
4. Keep fans interested

If Klieman wins the big12 this year then has 3 straight years where Kstate fails to make a bowl game he would be gone as well.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2022, 04:38:26 PM »

We've outed Oscar.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2022, 04:52:02 PM »
When he brought up the Doug Gottlieb part being the "most ridiculous thing ever" that was super funny and my highlight of the whole presser. 
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
oscar's Press Conference
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2022, 04:59:53 PM »
When he brought up the Doug Gottlieb part being the "most ridiculous thing ever" that was super funny and my highlight of the whole presser.
I found it funny that a dude who has finished rough ridin' last in the conference for three years in a row was talking down about anyone else

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2022, 05:14:24 PM »
The stuff he says never bothered me. By the same token, I never got horned up over the stuff Frank said. But I enjoy stuff in my own weird ways. I guess I need a new avatar.

Frank was corny as eff, everyone knew it but most ignored it because the basketball was a fever dream coming off the previous decade of crap. IIRC you were actually one of the people that pointed this out while he was here.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2022, 05:16:28 PM »
Haven't finished it all but the part of him vying for another job and kinda hinting at taking players with him is cringey.

I didn't hear that. I'm fine with any player who wants to follow him to the Ohio Valley Conference or the Sun Belt.

What program is going to hire a 65 year old coach who appears to be in decline? Maybe his alma mater, which has an opening, if they have no interest in actually moving the program forword, something oscar has twice demonstrated he can't do.  But yeah if  they do and he could take Ish and Kasubuke with him, by all means.

If he gets another head coaching job will you go away too?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2022, 05:18:34 PM »
I found it funny that a dude who has finished rough ridin' last in the conference for three years in a row was talking down about anyone else
YES!
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2022, 05:21:28 PM »
Why do people keep saying ksu fans have too high expectations?

Upper half, post season of some kind and occasionally competing for big 12 like we did for about a decade before the last three years is unrealistic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2022, 05:25:10 PM »
Why do people keep saying ksu fans have too high expectations?

It pisses me off so much, it's insulting to any fan base, it's a losers mentality to place artificial limitations on really anyone, and it doesn't reflect how easy it is to win in college basketball.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2022, 05:31:27 PM »

Frank was corny as eff, everyone knew it but most ignored it because the basketball was a fever dream coming off the previous decade of crap. IIRC you were actually one of the people that pointed this out while he was here.

Yeah, to me it was exactly the same as when we started getting good in football in Snyder's first years. We weren't getting a gourmet meal. We were rough ridin' starving.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2022, 01:59:26 PM »
I don't think I need to watch this based on the comments.  It would only confirm my opinion of him.  See ya oscar.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2022, 02:05:27 PM »
I don't think I need to watch this based on the comments.  It would only confirm my opinion of him.  See ya oscar.

You know I've defended oscar and I'll continue to do so but a lot of that press conference was even a bit much for me. I don't know why people are saying that K-State shouldn't have given him the platform, it was a bad look for him, not for the school, and he would have talked anyway, better to do it on our platform rather than with Soren Petro or Bob Lutz.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2022, 02:33:13 PM »
If you think about it, it’s all classic oscar.

Suck ass for three years, make a nice little speech after your last game, refuse to retire gracefully, the burn bridges down on your way out while taking some blame but mostly making excuses. It’d be nice to have a Robbie Hummel on this team.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2022, 03:04:26 PM »

Suck ass for three years, make a nice little speech after your last game, refuse to retire gracefully, the burn bridges down on your way out while taking some blame but mostly making excuses. It’d be nice to have a Robbie Hummel on this team.
It’s been said before, but I really don’t give a crap what our coach’s demeanor is as long as he’s not breaking rules or chasing away good guys. If oscar was getting KSU into the tournament 8/10 years I’d think his quirks were adorable and the whiny baby attitude was just a motivator for our guys.

It’s not like I’d have any more tolerance for a coach who could finish terribly 3 consecutive years but was able to explain humbly and in detail what he was doing wrong.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2022, 03:08:18 PM »

It’s been said before, but I really don’t give a crap what our coach’s demeanor is as long as he’s not breaking rules or chasing away good guys. If oscar was getting KSU into the tournament 8/10 years I’d think his quirks were adorable and the whiny baby attitude was just a motivator for our guys.

It’s not like I’d have any more tolerance for a coach who could finish terribly 3 consecutive years but was able to explain humbly and in detail what he was doing wrong.

But your profanity filter is on, which makes me question your credibility....

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2022, 03:11:41 PM »
eff off you little crap

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2022, 03:18:22 PM »
eff off you little crap

Quoting you to show you how it's done, soy boy.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2022, 03:41:46 PM »
Oscar's presser was a good reminder that the only reason he got where he is was a serious cocktail of him baiting people into feeling sorry for him and stupid luck. The groveling was just downright shameful.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 04:12:36 PM by asava »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »
Oscar's presser was a good reminder that the only reason he got where he is was a serious cocktail of him baiting people into feeling sorry for him and stupid luck. The groveling was just downright shameful.

Horrible take from a good poster, you hate to see it. The people who are seemingly the least attached seem to be the most emotional about this stuff.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2022, 06:07:38 PM »
Woof! There’s a lot of truth behind his final message. Like @Mir said earlier, he gives you answers you don’t want to hear and not PR coach speak. This makes him vulnerable to anti Brucers, but goaddan I love it. I hope we all get a farewell speech when our days are done with our employer. The ppl mad about his last press conference speech, are the ones that know they bullied him and faded out during his success here. It is what it is.