Author Topic: competitive little kid sports  (Read 33783 times)

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: competitive little kid sports
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2022, 11:42:29 AM »
On top of being assistant baseball coach I'm also team accountant and social media coordinator for lil sd's baseball team. because apparently I can't quit volunteering for crap. do any of you accountant or team accountant cats have an excel file example of a good format for a team budget? will have to track personal and corporate donations and fees and stuff for 12 kids/parents and facility fees, touney fees, gear, cages, all that stuff. I'm sure I can put something together very easily but I'm not an accountant and thought I'd ask first. TY.

Can y'all not spring for quickbooks? It's super easy to use and does all of that without you having to finagle with excel. If you don't or can't do that I'm sure you can find a nerd that can make a functional spreadsheet for you.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2022, 11:44:45 AM »
On top of being assistant baseball coach I'm also team accountant and social media coordinator for lil sd's baseball team. because apparently I can't quit volunteering for crap. do any of you accountant or team accountant cats have an excel file example of a good format for a team budget? will have to track personal and corporate donations and fees and stuff for 12 kids/parents and facility fees, touney fees, gear, cages, all that stuff. I'm sure I can put something together very easily but I'm not an accountant and thought I'd ask first. TY.

Can y'all not spring for quickbooks? It's super easy to use and does all of that without you having to finagle with excel. If you don't or can't do that I'm sure you can find a nerd that can make a functional spreadsheet for you.

probably, but I'm asking for option 2 itt.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2022, 12:09:26 PM »
i think TeamSnap or one of the other apps has some of the accounting functions you are looking for

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2022, 12:26:13 PM »
NSFW

Cat9 Two Piece Composite 28/18 in special American Flag livery because in THIS house we salute old glory and we tear up when Lee Greenwood hits his crescendo.

So hot. Kid on our team had one last season. No bat has a better sound than the CAT bats.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2022, 12:29:56 PM »
One final tidbit, and I am sure this is not unique to baseball.  When the coaches let everyone know what you owe for the tournament, uniforms, or whatever needs paid for, you are for sure subsidizing the coaches kids share.   

was revisiting this thread and want to report that this is for sure not the case with our program

Not at all. I've always ended up paying more than my fair share whenever I've coached any team. It's part of the gig.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2022, 06:15:53 PM »
File>New
Search online templates for statement of account

Two templates come up but they're very similar

Simple ledger.  Add a column for entity/person otherwise it got date, descr, Dr, Cr, balance

Anything you want to report you pivot table or SUMIF or SUMIFS it.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2022, 08:57:07 PM »
Yeah, I already lazily built it after NONE OF YOU CHUDS did it for me in the first hour after I posted.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2022, 10:41:41 PM »
Yeah, I already lazily built it after NONE OF YOU CHUDS did it for me in the first hour after I posted.

Wow, check out this malaka.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 08, 2022, 12:00:38 PM »

He is that nerd  :D

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2022, 03:37:40 PM »
We went to a couple youth basketball games for kids of co workers today.  Made me miss coaching.  I feel so silly now about how much I stressed over games.  You great parents who are coaching be sure to enjoy it!!!

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 08, 2022, 10:02:36 PM »

He is that nerd  :D
:lol:

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 10, 2022, 01:15:01 PM »
Congrats on sliding into that assistant role sd. Assistant is the sweet spot.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 10, 2022, 01:29:44 PM »
Congrats on sliding into that assistant role sd. Assistant is the sweet spot.
It’s the max I’m qualified for. We have two coaches who played D1/professional ball and also happen to be incred dads and coaches. I’m along for the ride.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2022, 06:05:25 PM »
First night of indoor soccer, cleats didn’t fit so skipped it.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2022, 02:15:38 PM »
had our first game last night, it was a blast. lil sd and I watched the Texas v. TTech game that went to extras the other day where the TTech guy stole home to end it. lil sd asked me on the way to the game if he got to third if he could take it if the pitcher wasn't paying attention and I told him absofuckinglutely not. anyway he barreled a double and then stole 3rd and then the catcher lost one in the dirt and he stole home. he was buzzing he was so jacked after the game. just felt good to finally play one after practicing non-stop indoors all winter and then having our first two games cancelled for weather. also one of our kids barfed at school and got sent home but still made it to the game. hope you aren't contagious you freak but love the energy!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2022, 03:15:44 PM »
had our first game last night, it was a blast. lil sd and I watched the Texas v. TTech game that went to extras the other day where the TTech guy stole home to end it. lil sd asked me on the way to the game if he got to third if he could take it if the pitcher wasn't paying attention and I told him absofuckinglutely not. anyway he barreled a double and then stole 3rd and then the catcher lost one in the dirt and he stole home. he was buzzing he was so jacked after the game. just felt good to finally play one after practicing non-stop indoors all winter and then having our first two games cancelled for weather. also one of our kids barfed at school and got sent home but still made it to the game. hope you aren't contagious you freak but love the energy!
Way to go lil sd!  Stealing home was always a fun experience.  I learned early to not steal home when kids that were batting either didn’t know the signals or disregarded because they just want to hit dingers.  I stole on a slow windup and the batter almost took my head off swinging for the fences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2022, 03:24:54 PM »
Way to go lil sd!  Stealing home was always a fun experience.  I learned early to not steal home when kids that were batting either didn’t know the signals or disregarded because they just want to hit dingers.  I stole on a slow windup and the batter almost took my head off swinging for the fences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that you, Benny "The Jet" Rodriguez?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2022, 03:47:43 PM »
No, lil “low/medium speed” dave

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2022, 04:24:21 PM »

technically this isn't a steal of home. this is advancing on a passed ball. I understand if you want to ban me now SD

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 01, 2022, 02:34:41 PM »

technically this isn't a steal of home. this is advancing on a passed ball. I understand if you want to ban me now SD

could be a WP also, deinitely nopt a sb tho

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
competitive little kid sports
« Reply #270 on: April 01, 2022, 03:10:39 PM »
I just checked gamechanger and it was scored as a steal. Also I have admin access to gamechanger but that’s NOT relevant right now.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 01, 2022, 06:41:19 PM »
I just checked gamechanger and it was scored as a steal. Also I have admin access to gamechanger but that’s NOT relevant right now.

smh. I bet your team scores a ground ball to short with an overthrow to first base where the kid advances to third as a "triple."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 01, 2022, 07:58:04 PM »
Wow did not expect this level of body bagging ITT

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2022, 11:21:00 AM »
I've been getting back into umpiring this season as a side hustle. I'm working KSHAA games and some random youth tournaments.

Observations:
1. JV and C team games are BITB. The coaches don't care that much about winning and they just coach and play ball. Not too many fans around.
2. Varsity games are intense. I've only done one, and man, that ball moves quick.
3. There is a cultural thing now where travel ball teams will bring a speaker to the field and play walk up music for their team. It is maybe the most annoying thing of all time.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2022, 11:33:31 AM »
Last one take it to the signs of getting old thread. Thanks for umping though, they are going to die out with all the Karen and Chad parents/coaches unfortunately.