Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1050681 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #1400 on: March 17, 2020, 12:36:29 PM »
I'm still not clear how testing increases helps that much given this spreads without symptoms.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: March 17, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »
I'm still not clear how testing increases helps that much given this spreads without symptoms.
I think that's the point. Asympomats get tested too, and if they're positive, they isolate, thereby reducing the spread over time.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: March 17, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »
Mrs Hamburg has a friend that’s pissed everyone is following the 10 person rule and won’t come over for Bunco on Monday.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: March 17, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »
I think that's the point. Asympomats get tested too, and if they're positive, they isolate, thereby reducing the spread over time.

Plus it helps hospitals knowing what to do with incoming patients. Covid patients will have special precautions that someone with a regular cold or flu might not need.

Also it's possible that it can be a part of incoming international traffic from "hotspots". Good read on Taiwan's response: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/10/21171722/taiwan-coronavirus-china-social-distancing-quarantine

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: March 17, 2020, 01:51:56 PM »
Mrs Hamburg has a friend that’s pissed everyone is following the 10 person rule and won’t come over for Bunco on Monday.

That’s the excuse they are using, they don’t like her bunco games

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: March 17, 2020, 01:58:30 PM »
So my employees have had potential exposures but can't be tested. My registrar and her youngest daughter were at the school here in the DSM area, on Friday, where a staff member has tested positive. Neither of them are symptomatic but have been told to quarantine for two weeks. We had camp last Friday and one of the campers is a student in the same school. My program manager, who was in charge of camp that day is now symptomatic. She was told to just rest and quarantine. They will only test her if her fever reaches 104 degrees, essentially half dead.

Keep this in mind when looking at the "low" numbers of confirmations.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: March 17, 2020, 02:03:32 PM »
I know it isn't palatable to you, and I absolutely get it, I feel the same way, but the only solution here is a governmental solution. It won't happen but the instant/temporary UBI is the best solution I've seen. Private sector solutions won't work because the scale is too small and there are too many disparate agendas.

Disparate agendas are why governments won’t do crap.

Bout to get those trump checks tho

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: March 17, 2020, 02:06:52 PM »
So my employees have had potential exposures but can't be tested. My registrar and her youngest daughter were at the school here in the DSM area, on Friday, where a staff member has tested positive. Neither of them are symptomatic but have been told to quarantine for two weeks. We had camp last Friday and one of the campers is a student in the same school. My program manager, who was in charge of camp that day is now symptomatic. She was told to just rest and quarantine. They will only test her if her fever reaches 104 degrees, essentially half dead.

Keep this in mind when looking at the "low" numbers of confirmations.

I work with a guy in an area with a decent amount of cases.  He still was only tested after a flu test came back negative because he was asthmatic and a higher risk.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: March 17, 2020, 02:28:53 PM »
I know it isn't palatable to you, and I absolutely get it, I feel the same way, but the only solution here is a governmental solution. It won't happen but the instant/temporary UBI is the best solution I've seen. Private sector solutions won't work because the scale is too small and there are too many disparate agendas.

I just looked this up on cnn and this was the start of the article.

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration's proposal to inject $850 billion into the economy as the coronavirus pandemic becomes increasingly dire is facing resistance from Senate Democrats who are instead pushing their own alternative plan for relief.

The clash is a sign that the administration's push marks just the start of what may be intense negotiations around what can be done next, even as lawmakers on both sides call for quick action.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: March 17, 2020, 02:33:48 PM »
So trump is currently in lockdown, no more than 10 people until August and also $1000 to each person mode

A savage dunk on dax, kaz and Magas all over country

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: March 17, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »
Better be 1000 a month or else Kazzu W’s 401k is going to continue to get decimated
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 17, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
There’s a salary restriction they’re talking about for that $1000 payment. Also heard something floating around about student loan forbearance for 6 months.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 17, 2020, 02:47:58 PM »
can't wait to see backyard videos of magas lighting their $1k checks on fire

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 17, 2020, 02:50:02 PM »
There’s a salary restriction they’re talking about for that $1000 payment. Also heard something floating around about student loan forbearance for 6 months.
The income restriction is so dumb. Just raise taxes on the rich later

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »
I agree because I heard the thresholds and :curse:

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 17, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »

link plz
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 17, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
guys i just want to share this amazing story:

Wednesday 3/11: the head of our office sends out an email. reminds everyone that not only is all business travel suspended, but we also need to let him know if we are planning to do ANY travelling of any kind. Where we are going, how long we are planning to be there, etc.

Later in the email basically suggesting that this is all an over-hyped distraction, the office remains open, everyone needs to continue to be productive. Last sentence of email kinda slides it in there that he's going to be on PTO the rest of the week and to contact his AA about any questions.

Monday 3/16: he is back in the office. reminding everyone that the office is still open until further notice. Also sends out email saying that any large meetings and lunch and learns are to be cancelled and that the company will not be paying for any catered lunches. Uses special code words like "use your best judgment" with regard to WFH. Encourages anyone with questions to feel free to stop by his office to talk, he'll be in the office all day.

2 hours later: he is in conference room with many people. lunch is catered. total stud/boss power move imo.

Tuesday 3/17: He sends email letting everyone know that he will be working from home because per a directive from the governor of colorado - anyone who visited a colorado ski resort last week should isolate themselves. He assures everyone that he feels fine.

I see a lot of memes captioned <screaming inside> and i'm really feeling that rn

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 17, 2020, 03:07:51 PM »

link plz
An anchor and their analyst were just talking about it on tv.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 17, 2020, 03:34:53 PM »
I just need to know if I am going to get some of the sweet, sweet Trump money or if I'm going to miss out due to an income threshold.
@mikec2w

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 17, 2020, 03:37:12 PM »
They will send it out and then tax it back next year for non-qualifiers
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 17, 2020, 03:37:37 PM »
Just my guess
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 17, 2020, 03:45:48 PM »
They can tax deez nuts (and regularly do)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 17, 2020, 03:57:35 PM »

I just looked this up on cnn and this was the start of the article.

Washington (CNN)The Trump administration's proposal to inject $850 billion into the economy as the coronavirus pandemic becomes increasingly dire is facing resistance from Senate Democrats who are instead pushing their own alternative plan for relief.

The clash is a sign that the administration's push marks just the start of what may be intense negotiations around what can be done next, even as lawmakers on both sides call for quick action.

It's going to get done and it will happen within the next 36 hours. I don't think any president should be able to spend nearly a trillion dollars without scrutiny, no matter the reason.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 17, 2020, 03:58:59 PM »
However they can get money into those in need's hands the fastest I'm down with.  Tax me at 100% for it later if I'm deemed not needing it. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 17, 2020, 04:23:58 PM »
it may just be that they have greater access to testing, but the number of celebrities, athletes and politicians coming up positive suggests that airports have just been giant coronavirus infecting machines for the last month or so.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1240004036214087681
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."