Author Topic: CoronaBro Meltdown/SARS-Covid-19 Spitballing Thread  (Read 1071186 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks China (and Canada) . . . Topic: CoronaVirus!
« Reply #1450 on: March 17, 2020, 09:55:45 PM »
Like 10032 of SD’s 10036 billion dollar ideas are uber eats but with less human interaction. We can overcome this. We’ve been preparing for it.
Uber but for ski trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:06 PM »
a giant portion of the country's excess capacity to rapidly do more or less anything is concentrated in the armed forces.  so this is good.

https://twitter.com/nora_kelly/status/1240106483548860416
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 17, 2020, 10:04:51 PM »
Read this thread and it was frightening. 

https://twitter.com/jeremycyoung/status/1239975682643357696?s=21

But felt better when a real expert weighed in.

https://twitter.com/obgynfl/status/1240081132248498178?s=21.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 17, 2020, 10:07:11 PM »
Well, he does present as a doctor...

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 17, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »

Who cares about some random internet expert when we have @K-S-U-Wildcats! telling us how mild this pandemic is. Seems like it isn't a big deal, but would like a comment from the rough ridin' idiot resident physician.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: March 17, 2020, 10:27:14 PM »
Baby doctor?   :ROFL:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 17, 2020, 10:31:31 PM »
I'm not saying anything in that guy's tweets is inaccurate but his credentials don't indicate him being an expert either. He's an assistant history professor at Dixie State University. And in case you were wondering, Dixie State is in Utah. WTF?  :confused:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:41:52 PM by waks »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 17, 2020, 10:31:38 PM »

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 17, 2020, 10:53:32 PM »
Katpappy, no

Won't hurt to look up what an obstetrician and gynecologist (OB/GYN)does: a physician who specializes in women's reproductive health and pregnancy.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 17, 2020, 10:54:56 PM »
Katpappy, no

Won't hurt to look up what an obstetrician and gynecologist (OB/GYN)does: a physician who specializes in women's reproductive health and pregnancy.
Hey, Wuhan clam ain't nothing to eff with

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 17, 2020, 10:58:08 PM »
In my studies the circle of people expressing concern with how these lockdowns are going to affect the economy overlaps perfectly with people who are super annoyed about not being able to do whatever they want.

Like ski trips?
You can’t be serious...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 17, 2020, 11:06:57 PM »
I'm not saying anything in that guy's tweets is inaccurate but his credentials don't indicate him being an expert either. He's an assistant history professor at Dixie State University. And in case you were wondering, Dixie State is in Utah. WTF?  :confused:

It's a university now? It used to be a community college and in the early to mid 90's they had the best community college football team outside the state of Kansas.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 17, 2020, 11:13:14 PM »
Thread. Also, should be in both this and the POS pub thread. Anyone with a brain knew Trump would do this because he’s a rough ridin' idiot. Yet we have legit high step salute the dear leader fuckwads like Dax that defend and mock this crap. For most people if they get it it’s not that serious, but dumb eff Trump will literally let old people get sick and die to not look bad. The worst part is there are a TON of rough ridin' downgrades like Dax that will continue supporting him at all cost.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1236492106455224320
This Guy not only mocks ppl in the past about their disgression about Corona on this date, he boards a plane days later, mocking said ppl and continues to go on to said date in time about careless said people... Holy eff! 😂 eff off, dummy!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 17, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »
Katpappy, no

OB for the mama. Pediatrician for the baby.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 17, 2020, 11:17:09 PM »

The model of 2.2 million people dying based on what happened in other countries is flawed simply because the behaviors in this country are much more proactive. You can't on one hand criticize the Chinese government's response then not acknowledge that our response is far different.

That being said Deplorable Greg's timeline is a maddening exercise in willful ignorance. There's no way he's an OBGYN, of course his profile pic is him in a car with oakleys, a backwards cap, and five o'clock shadow.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 17, 2020, 11:18:53 PM »
Thread. Also, should be in both this and the POS pub thread. Anyone with a brain knew Trump would do this because he’s a rough ridin' idiot. Yet we have legit high step salute the dear leader fuckwads like Dax that defend and mock this crap. For most people if they get it it’s not that serious, but dumb eff Trump will literally let old people get sick and die to not look bad. The worst part is there are a TON of rough ridin' downgrades like Dax that will continue supporting him at all cost.

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1236492106455224320
This Guy not only mocks ppl in the past about their disgression about Corona on this date, he boards a plane days later, mocking said ppl and continues to go on to said date in time about careless said people... Holy eff! 😂 eff off, dummy!

Give it a rough ridin' rest already man, Jesus Christ. Who is this even for? He stopped engaging you days ago and the rest of us don't give a crap

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: March 17, 2020, 11:29:43 PM »
You don’t give a crap because he continues to ear hole ppl you disagree with, while doing the same dumb crap he’s trying to preach about. I guess it’s for the few moderates down here left, who got gang tackled about the issue, while the biggest whiner about The whole thing could be the most contagious...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 18, 2020, 12:27:54 AM »
You don’t give a crap because he continues to ear hole ppl you disagree with, while doing the same dumb crap he’s trying to preach about. I guess it’s for the few moderates down here left, who got gang tackled about the issue, while the biggest whiner about The whole thing could be the most contagious...

I didn't read, in detail, a single post either of you have made in the thread since Saturday night. It's just that yours are more concise and start with the same sentence. I don't give a crap because the argument is trite. If you want to disagree with whatever point he's making about the rona, have at it, but my god you've beaten the same point to absolute rough ridin' death, it's insane.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 18, 2020, 01:19:20 AM »

The model of 2.2 million people dying based on what happened in other countries is flawed simply because the behaviors in this country are much more proactive. You can't on one hand criticize the Chinese government's response then not acknowledge that our response is far different.

That being said Deplorable Greg's timeline is a maddening exercise in willful ignorance. There's no way he's an OBGYN, of course his profile pic is him in a car with oakleys, a backwards cap, and five o'clock shadow.

that imperial college report is pretty scary

Perhaps our most significant conclusion is that mitigation is unlikely to be feasible without emergency surge capacity limits of the UK and US healthcare systems being exceeded many times over. In the most effective mitigation strategy examined, which leads to a single, relatively short epidemic (case isolation, household quarantine and social distancing of the elderly), the surge limits for both general ward and ICU beds would be exceeded by at least 8-fold under the more optimistic scenario for critical care requirements that we examined. In addition, even if all patients were able to be treated, we predict there would still be in the order of 250,000 deaths in GB, and 1.1-1.2 million in the US.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: March 18, 2020, 07:09:17 AM »

I didn't read, in detail, a single post either of you have made in the thread since Saturday night. It's just that yours are more concise and start with the same sentence. I don't give a crap because the argument is trite. If you want to disagree with whatever point he's making about the rona, have at it, but my god you've beaten the same point to absolute rough ridin' death, it's insane.
Once he stops being pompous about the virus, with the “I TOLD YOU SO’S AND YOU’RE SO rough ridin' STUPID” smack talk on here to rando’s, I’ll stop calling him out for being so selfish during this time. I ignore your long quote debates with others, I’m sure you’ll be just fine doing the same with me.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 07:20:13 AM by 420seriouscat69 »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 18, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »
Even if implemented earlier, we’re taking a pretty different strategy than China and one almost certainly to be less successful. Largely because we have more civil liberties but also cause we’re way behind in testing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 18, 2020, 08:55:36 AM »
this is a fun one. Good news is the midwest seems to have a decent amount of hospital beds available, and they have a chance to start expanding now

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/17/upshot/hospital-bed-shortages-coronavirus.html

In the bay area hospitals are being as proactive as possible at expanding capacity (even if it's going to be way less than needed) before the surge really hits

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/Bay-Area-hospitals-scramble-to-prepare-for-wave-15138928.php

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: March 18, 2020, 09:05:40 AM »