Author Topic: chum1's dumb job stories  (Read 57301 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: chum1's dumb job stories
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2019, 03:51:20 PM »
Maybe to have affairs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2019, 08:34:20 AM »
D2 is back in the office this week. He, NG1, and NG2 are scheduled for training Tu-Th. Finally, FINALLY! He's going to learn his first lessons about the new software, right? He gets in this morning, looks at his computer, and says aloud, "Awww, man. You've got to be kidding me. Murphy's law." He was acting like something came up that he was going to have to help out with rather than go to the training. He 100% tried to get out of it! I didn't hear anything that happened after that, but he's in there. So, apparently GG made him go.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2019, 10:06:51 AM »
NG1 likes to chew ice. Like, way more than you're imagining right now. Her crunching is pretty much constant. She keeps the ice in a giant coffee mug and uses a plastic spoon to eat it. Sometimes, it sounds like mouthfuls. And she'll even nonchalantly crunch on it while she's in the middle of talking to someone like it's just chewing gum. lol.

NG2 has opinions. Serious opinions. Many, many of them. Someone sent a detailed email about organizing a pot luck breakfast. There was something in it about suggesting aluminum foil trays to warm food or whatever. This is what I hear from NG2's desk shortly after receiving the email: "aluminum foil trays!?!? Oh, I do NOT agree with that AT ALL!"

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2019, 10:16:31 AM »
As the #1 fan of this thread I feel like I can give honest feedback. I was disappointed in this update.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2019, 10:24:13 AM »
I appreciate the feedback! My wife was cracking up while I told her that second one last night. She may have just been laughing at me, which happens sometimes.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2019, 10:30:45 AM »
I laughed and want to delve deeper into the foil opinion.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
I appreciate the feedback! My wife was cracking up while I told her that second one last night. She may have just been laughing at me, which happens sometimes.

I’m only here for D2 stuff tbh. Maybe affair haver as a supporting cast character as well.

Online catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »
I appreciate all the updates.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2019, 04:41:56 PM »
The #2 in our company calls herself an HR Principal. She might as well be called like President or COO or something. I've seen upper level managers sit in on team meetings before, so I wasn't too terribly surprised to see her show up at the start of ours. I was surprised, however, when she said that she'd be be the interim manager of our group so that GG can focus 100% on stuff has had her so overworked lately. So, we're just sitting there while HRP is saying words that people say when that don't know what to say, trying to get some kind of grasp on what the next steps should be, and the whole thing is obviously pretty rough ridin' awkward.

What's D2's reaction to all this? I'll have to ask later because my man hasn't been in for a few days.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2019, 04:59:16 PM »
omg yes!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2019, 05:00:02 PM »
BACK ON TRACK

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2019, 05:25:59 PM »
D2 is working in 2219 and we’re all here in 2019.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2019, 09:16:21 AM »
We're going to need an update before we party rock Memorial Weekend.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2019, 05:56:07 PM »
GG: worked from home today. D2: Who knows, man? Still haven't seen him. I don't even know if D2 heard about what went down. I looked for his number to text him, but didn't find it.

I chatted with GG yesterday afternoon. She said D2 and some other guy (I don't know who) have been teaming up to badmouth her. Sounds about right. She also wasn't happy with NG2 for going all around the entire office and complaining about every little thing, which NG2 totally has been doing. Yes, this is her former boss. Yes, it very much gives the appearance that her former boss is trying to undermine her. (The true reason for the change, though, was too many project delays.)

I spoke to HRP this morning to get on her good side and try to steer things in a direction that would lead to me dealing with as little bullshit as possible. The only noteworthy thing was that I got the impression that there is currently no plan for who will be the manager after the project is over. Possibilities include GG, NG2, & ???. I think they're still done with D2. And I doubt they hire someone new. But who knows!?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2019, 06:32:27 PM »
The last time I saw D2, which was like Friday or Monday, he was finally, after months and months, trying to log in to the new software. He kept having login issues and getting all flustered and complaining about it. Old dog, new tricks plus all his other frustrations about the situation coming out. After he finally got in, he was totally quiet for like half an hour. Extremely unusual. Then, out of the blue, talking loudly across the room, he's like, "Hey, GG. Look at this here. It isn't supposed to be this way, it's supposed to be another way." He goes on to explain in detail to her and the rest of the room why it's wrong. At the time, I was rolling my eyes at him for the desperate attempt to look/feel important and for trying to big time GG. A little while later, I realized what he'd done. Once he got logged in, he'd immediately spent every moment trying to navigate to a particular obscure, irregular rule that he was already aware of just to have something on GG. I realized that he'd left the room right after his stunt in order to act all distressed and dutifully report to everyone who would listen that GG doesn't know what she's doing and that there are just all kinds of problems everywhere. I'm now thinking that was the last time I saw him.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2019, 09:54:18 PM »
I would "like" this post
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 03, 2019, 03:25:20 PM »
D2, trying to get caught up on the new software, says to GG while NG1 and NG2 are out of the room, "Are we supposed to get really detailed when we're creating these definitions? I don't see where they [meaning NG1 and NG2] did any of these things I'm doing. Don't we need to do this?" Translation: Look at how much of an expert I am at this! See how much more I know than NG1 and NG2!

Noteworthy that he is acting toward GG like he hasn't yet heard about the announcement that HRP made about being interim manager. I'm not going to bring it up with him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 03, 2019, 03:35:21 PM »
He’s back!

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2019, 09:22:13 AM »
NG1 likes to chew ice. Like, way more than you're imagining right now. Her crunching is pretty much constant. She keeps the ice in a giant coffee mug and uses a plastic spoon to eat it. Sometimes, it sounds like mouthfuls. And she'll even nonchalantly crunch on it while she's in the middle of talking to someone like it's just chewing gum. lol.

NG2 has opinions. Serious opinions. Many, many of them. Someone sent a detailed email about organizing a pot luck breakfast. There was something in it about suggesting aluminum foil trays to warm food or whatever. This is what I hear from NG2's desk shortly after receiving the email: "aluminum foil trays!?!? Oh, I do NOT agree with that AT ALL!"

does NG1 seem forgetful?    Chewing ice can be a sign of low iron and a side effect of thyroid issues.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 04, 2019, 02:02:23 PM »
D2 to GG one-sided conversation upon completing online fraud, waste, and abuse type HR training that was due months ago:

Oh, I finished that training.
It was pretty good training.
It was okay.
It sort of contradicted itself there at the end. I had a couple of issues with it.
You know when it was talking about [blah blah blah].
I think I would have done it this way.

This is the point at which I put in my earbuds.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 04, 2019, 02:19:35 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2019, 10:36:44 AM »
Good morning Team!

Today is TRIVIA DAY!

I am going to post the 5 Trivia Questions below in this email -  NO CHEATING! Please do not use your phones, google ect to look up the answers – we are all smart cookies and can figure these out amongst our teams! Fell free to partner with neighboring teams if you get stuck.

THE FIRST TEAM TO GET ALL CORRECT ANSWERS TO BE BY 2PM TODAY WINS A MYSTERY TREAT!!

When you reply to this email, only reply to me and let me know who is included in the team.

Here are D2's answers:

Alfred, The Wizard of Oz, Sherlock Holmes, an Alarm Clock and I believe 10

I'm sure you can guess how I know D2's answers.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »
chum1 I liked the foil story

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog