Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1046648 times)

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #16525 on: September 04, 2022, 01:12:19 PM »
Is that last point about the media true though?  I was still pretty young, but my recollection was that in general the media was pretty tough on Bush in his second term.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16526 on: September 04, 2022, 01:31:22 PM »
I suppose everyone is free to make up their own definition of fascism.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: September 04, 2022, 02:13:02 PM »
that's genuinely insane, katkid.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #16528 on: September 04, 2022, 08:04:01 PM »
Is that last point about the media true though?  I was still pretty young, but my recollection was that in general the media was pretty tough on Bush in his second term.
Bush didn’t start taking real consistent heat until like 2006. 5 years in to patriot act and 3 years in to the Iraq War. Abu Gharib was a big deal but John Yoo is still teaching law, Dick Cheney is still roaming around. And of course Bush himself is pretty much completely forgiven for all sins.

As for sys, yeah I know you disagree, but I wish you would just say specifically what you think about it.

Bush foreign policy-
Let Saudis off the hook for 9/11, patriot act, failed coup in Venezuela, Iraq and the many lies before and during and the incredible horrors that killed maybe as many as one million Iraqis, torture, rendition, the systematic expansion of nsa, drone warfare. As much as dax tries to put all that on Obama (who deserves tons of criticism and anyone can find where I give him plenty), the system was created by Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld. Just unquestionably a worse legacy than Trump, not close.

Trump—
Withdrew from Iran nuclear deal, failed coup in Venezuela, got in to a dick measuring contest with rocket man then held two summits and looked like he might actually get a deal, Trump/Kushner may have given nuclear secrets to Saudis?

On the domestic front

Bush tried to privatize social security and was spectacularly unsuccessful that is worse than trump trying to overturn Obamacare.

Supreme Court trump has unquestionably a worse legacy and a lot of that is on McConnell.

As far as January 6, it is genuinely bad, of course. But ultimately it was not meaningful and Bush v Gore is right there so I have to say it is a draw. Both really bad farces and damaging to our democracy!

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: September 04, 2022, 08:22:25 PM »
To me, fascism is wearing a tan suit.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16530 on: September 04, 2022, 09:20:26 PM »
I’d say the closest I’ve seen to fascism is a sitting President unleash an armed mob on Congress to stop certification of an election he lost.

Of course the Supreme Court deciding an issue about hanging chads is also very facist-like, KK.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16531 on: September 04, 2022, 09:26:36 PM »
Bush didn’t start taking real consistent heat until like 2006. 5 years in to patriot act and 3 years in to the Iraq War. Abu Gharib was a big deal but John Yoo is still teaching law, Dick Cheney is still roaming around. And of course Bush himself is pretty much completely forgiven for all sins.

As for sys, yeah I know you disagree, but I wish you would just say specifically what you think about it.

Bush foreign policy-
Let Saudis off the hook for 9/11, patriot act, failed coup in Venezuela, Iraq and the many lies before and during and the incredible horrors that killed maybe as many as one million Iraqis, torture, rendition, the systematic expansion of nsa, drone warfare. As much as dax tries to put all that on Obama (who deserves tons of criticism and anyone can find where I give him plenty), the system was created by Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld. Just unquestionably a worse legacy than Trump, not close.

Trump—
Withdrew from Iran nuclear deal, failed coup in Venezuela, got in to a dick measuring contest with rocket man then held two summits and looked like he might actually get a deal, Trump/Kushner may have given nuclear secrets to Saudis?

On the domestic front

Bush tried to privatize social security and was spectacularly unsuccessful that is worse than trump trying to overturn Obamacare.

Supreme Court trump has unquestionably a worse legacy and a lot of that is on McConnell.

As far as January 6, it is genuinely bad, of course. But ultimately it was not meaningful and Bush v Gore is right there so I have to say it is a draw. Both really bad farces and damaging to our democracy!

I was going to take exception to your comment about Cheney roaming freely but it looks like France and South Korea have both recently thrown former Heads of State into prison so maybe it wouldn’t be all that wild.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16532 on: September 04, 2022, 09:29:21 PM »
Privatizing social security in the fascism column is also a bridge too far.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16533 on: September 04, 2022, 10:14:48 PM »
I’d say the closest I’ve seen to fascism is a sitting President unleash an armed mob on Congress to stop certification of an election he lost.

Of course the Supreme Court deciding an issue about hanging chads is also very facist-like, KK.
Well one worked and one didn’t.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16534 on: September 04, 2022, 10:16:40 PM »
It is good Bush failed.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #16535 on: September 05, 2022, 06:21:05 AM »
Classic kk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16536 on: September 05, 2022, 07:38:21 AM »

Bush foreign policy-

Trump—

On the domestic front

I was going to take exception to your comment about Cheney roaming freely but it looks like France and South Korea have both recently thrown former Heads of State into prison so maybe it wouldn’t be all that wild.

don't forget Japan!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16537 on: September 05, 2022, 01:37:27 PM »

Where would you set it?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16538 on: September 05, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »
Agree 100% here.

https://twitter.com/mazmhussain/status/1566465216275259392?s=21&t=0tkkaPrYEwBiPvNcuKlfZg

Yeah man, keep giving sys fuel for his horseshoe theory. Nevermind giving Trump and his team credit for something they absolutely would have done given the opportunity. lol at thinking he wouldn't declare war on some country most Americans don't care about if he was convinced he couldn't make 17 cents profit from it. crap, he'd bomb Detroit if someone would provide him the upside.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16540 on: September 07, 2022, 02:53:51 PM »
Just due to the quantity of time since the internet completely took over everything, We are soon going to have the first major office candidate that spent time bbs’ing.  Can you imagine us all sifting through that when that candidate emerges?  It will be wild.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16541 on: September 07, 2022, 02:57:07 PM »
Like Ken bone's reddit history lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16542 on: September 07, 2022, 02:58:53 PM »
Also remember that kansas politician guy got caught talking crap on the phog

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16543 on: September 07, 2022, 03:20:13 PM »

Now a (relatively) prominent Lawrence, KS defense attorney who represents KU athletes when they get in troubs.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16544 on: September 07, 2022, 03:27:00 PM »
A booming business!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16545 on: September 07, 2022, 03:29:42 PM »
Can you imagine finding that Brandon had a series of posts that identified any black athlete from Arkansas as Eddie Murphy over and over?  lol

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: September 07, 2022, 10:05:22 PM »
Can you imagine finding that Brandon had a series of posts that identified any black athlete from Arkansas as Eddie Murphy over and over?  lol

:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16547 on: September 07, 2022, 10:10:49 PM »
Agree 100% here.

https://twitter.com/mazmhussain/status/1566465216275259392?s=21&t=0tkkaPrYEwBiPvNcuKlfZg

Yeah man, keep giving sys fuel for his horseshoe theory.

https://twitter.com/Robillard/status/1567487764202938368

Nah this ain't it. I don't know any lefty that's a 9/11 truther. Every single one I've talked to was a psycho right winger.

Wait, my guy kat kid isn't a 9/11 truther, right?

Oh, you're pointing out the 2006 fascism thing. Carry on.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16548 on: September 07, 2022, 10:17:09 PM »

Now a (relatively) prominent Lawrence, KS defense attorney who represents KU athletes when they get in troubs.

Is this the lawyer who used to post regularly on the phone who, I believe at one time was a football player. He always talked about how much money he has and how much he benched? His dad was an attorney in the Wichita area?

That dude was the first person who doxxed wacky on the internet. He also posted a picture of my wife on the phog. My wife did not attend college in Kansas or even the Midwest.

He's defending KU athletes? I owe that dude an ass whipping.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16549 on: September 07, 2022, 10:24:22 PM »

Is this the lawyer who used to post regularly on the phone who, I believe at one time was a football player. He always talked about how much money he has and how much he benched? His dad was an attorney in the Wichita area?

That dude was the first person who doxxed wacky on the internet. He also posted a picture of my wife on the phog. My wife did not attend college in Kansas or even the Midwest.

He's defending KU athletes? I owe that dude an ass whipping.

Nope. Totally different guy. Your guy is in KC. The Lawrence guy posted on the Phog with his first and last name as his username (brilliant!). He was some sort of regional director of the Kansas Democratic Party years ago, and he made some sort of "shithole" comment about parts of S.E. Kansas. One or more Phog dbags contacted the Kansas Democratic Party to rat him out, and he was publicly fired/humiliated. Lo and behold, now he's a lawyer, and I see his name pop up when our fball/bball players get in some legal limbo.