Author Topic: Will this election process take down FOX news?  (Read 24221 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r √Člitaire
  • Distinguished Scholar/Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Will this election process take down FOX news?
« Reply #550 on: March 20, 2020, 12:04:24 AM »
Tucker Carlson spent many years as a credible journalist. He got enabled and comfortable expressing supremacist views that many people in this country have and he got blinded by the money and fame of being a Trump administration mouthpiece.

His dad was the president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a frequent target of conservative ire. He was working for MSNBC before he went to Fox News, and he wasn't even doing conservative commentary, he was doing crap like hanging out at the globalist Olympic games.

He has certainly gotten much more extreme as he has discovered his niche over the years. He went from CNN to MSNBC to Fox. It's not true that he wasn't doing conservative commentary before he ended up at Fox. At CNN, he hosted Crossfire for several years and always represented the right-wing side of the argument. Jon Stewart even famously dressed him down on Crossfire before his MSNBC days.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r √Člitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Will this election process take down FOX news?
« Reply #551 on: March 20, 2020, 12:54:50 AM »
Tucker Carlson spent many years as a credible journalist. He got enabled and comfortable expressing supremacist views that many people in this country have and he got blinded by the money and fame of being a Trump administration mouthpiece.

His dad was the president of the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a frequent target of conservative ire. He was working for MSNBC before he went to Fox News, and he wasn't even doing conservative commentary, he was doing crap like hanging out at the globalist Olympic games.

He has certainly gotten much more extreme as he has discovered his niche over the years. He went from CNN to MSNBC to Fox. It's not true that he wasn't doing conservative commentary before he ended up at Fox. At CNN, he hosted Crossfire for several years and always represented the right-wing side of the argument. Jon Stewart even famously dressed him down on Crossfire before his MSNBC days.

I said he wasn't doing conservative commentary at MSNBC. I watched that crossfire episode and I have his book on my shelf. Thanks for the correction though.