Author Topic: The K-State Family Block Thingy  (Read 16436 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The K-State Family Block Thingy
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »
It would be weird touting around a family block in front of 55,000 crazy mofos that aren't even your family.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2016, 10:36:38 AM »
It would be weird touting around a family block in front of 55,000 crazy mofos that aren't even your family.
I've never felt any sort of familial connection to anyone at BSFS who wasn't actually one of my family members. I mean, not even the people who always sit next to Mrs PC96's parents feel like family to me. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
If that's wrong, then I'm wrong too.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2016, 07:10:27 AM »
I've had season tickets in 3 locations.  In each location I've never felt close to anyone and grown a strong dislike for at least one person around me.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2016, 07:19:27 AM »
Sounds like SSO and Hamburger are huge Jayhawks.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
I don't like the way it's held in that pic.  Tre Walker was the best at holding that thing.  Maybe since he's on the staff he can teach these guys a thing or two about holding a 4x4.

That's because Tre Walker was the first one to write FAMILY on the block. It was part of something the team did internally and then the AD ran with it, kind of like how they did with the 16 goals.

Yes, and it's fine. Internally it means something. I think it can be significant for a group of 120+ guys and help them come together. There is nothing wrong with that.

I don't mind the marketing of these things, but they lose some of the meaning when spread out over a bunch of moron fans. It becomes cliche.

But still, I'm fine with it.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2016, 10:00:23 AM »
Someone do this better than me, with it being the coaches and ADJC catching them maybe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2016, 10:54:56 AM »
I don't like the way it's held in that pic.  Tre Walker was the best at holding that thing.  Maybe since he's on the staff he can teach these guys a thing or two about holding a 4x4.

That's because Tre Walker was the first one to write FAMILY on the block. It was part of something the team did internally and then the AD ran with it, kind of like how they did with the 16 goals.

Yes, and it's fine. Internally it means something. I think it can be significant for a group of 120+ guys and help them come together. There is nothing wrong with that.

I don't mind the marketing of these things, but they lose some of the meaning when spread out over a bunch of moron fans. It becomes cliche.

The thing that bugs me is they put the 16 goals into the entrance tunnel.  The next coach is either going to have to deal the previous coach's slogan his whole time here or be the bad person that covered up/removed the legend's stuff.

Hopefully PJ will be fine with it and add a non-permanent "ROW THE BOAT" above the exit.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:58:43 AM by TheHamburglar »
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »

The thing that bugs me is they put the 16 goals into the entrance tunnel.  The next coach is either going to have to deal the previous coach's slogan his whole time here or be the bad person that covered up/removed the legend's stuff.

Hopefully PJ will be fine with it and add a non-permanent "ROW THE BOAT" above the exit.

They want the 16 goals to be equal to Wooden's pyramid.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2016, 11:46:07 AM »

wooden's pyramid is for cheese-dicks.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2016, 11:46:52 AM »

Win some Natty's then.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2016, 02:27:53 PM »
Hey just an FYI dipshits coach Seiler just had his first child recently like yesterday.  Oblivious fuctards.
That's how all birth announcements should read.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The K-State Family Block Thingy
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2016, 03:42:58 PM »

Well they're obviously planning on Sean being the next one to coach...

Or maybe Venables comes in and uses them too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2016, 04:17:22 PM »

someone correct me if I am wrong but the 16 goals are strictly a Snyder 2.0 thing.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2016, 04:19:51 PM »

Win some Natty's then.

or at least cheat your ass off like wooden did while trying to win natty champy trophs

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2016, 05:08:00 PM »

someone correct me if I am wrong but the 16 goals are strictly a Snyder 2.0 thing.

16 goals, yes. He merely added two more goals when he came back. There was 14 originally.