Author Topic: Bowling Master thread.  (Read 6665 times)

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
Re: Bowling Master thread.
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2021, 12:48:18 PM »
Barbers tend to exaggerate a lot.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Katpak'r
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2021, 01:24:02 PM »
quantum proactive 2, same slate blue w/ yellow fingertip inserts.  Also fun, there was a little 3/4" diameter hole bored out of the side and Tom explained to me that they do that at professional events to check and make sure the ball is legal.

Is it still actually a hole (i.e. not filled?)?  If so, the USBC outlawed that in the last couple of years.

yeah seemed kinda weird at the time, but it never seemed to cause a problem. Just found it in the garage:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2021, 10:09:03 PM »
when i was a kid Justin Hromek won the US Open and his local guy was Tom Warren who ran the pro shop where i did saturday morning league and Tom would just hang out in his shop watching the kids bowling so whenever you came in to his shop to get a ball he already knew how you rolled it and where to drill it, anyway one time i was in the market for a ball and he said "oh yeah Justin was in the other day and he decided he didn't want to use this ball anymore, it would probably be good for you" and i was like heck yes and that is still the ball in my bag and i'm worried one of these days i'm going to throw it and its just going to split in half because its so old.
So fun little kansas bowling fact. Justin Hromek is now Circle High School’s bowling coach. I bowled against his son in state and of course he was an absolute stud. We all sat at the same table . This kid was bowling 700 series in high school. Him and his dad’s game were identical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2021, 12:18:49 AM »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2021, 10:07:34 AM »
quantum proactive 2, same slate blue w/ yellow fingertip inserts.  Also fun, there was a little 3/4" diameter hole bored out of the side and Tom explained to me that they do that at professional events to check and make sure the ball is legal.

Is it still actually a hole (i.e. not filled?)?  If so, the USBC outlawed that in the last couple of years.

yeah seemed kinda weird at the time, but it never seemed to cause a problem. Just found it in the garage:

Those side holes were used to balance weight, etc.  As DQ said the USBC outlawed them officially this past year, in an effort for 2 fingered bowlers to not have an advantage of 2 open holes.  Now you have to have a finger in every hole, or your ball doesn't qualify.  It has become a running joke in our league, that has now been overplayed.

BTW, I roll a Roto Grip UFO.  It's a bit too much for me to handle.  Used to avg a 210 with a Storm Virtual Gravity, and since I moved on to the UFO I have dropped to a 203.  Rolled a 687 last night though.... just less consistent now.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2021, 12:39:05 PM »
Finished the season last night with a 641.  Season avg will be about 201.5.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2021, 04:28:30 PM »
Won 30 bongos for having the highest handicap series in the league :gocho:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]