Author Topic: Bowling Master thread.  (Read 5932 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Bowling Master thread.
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2021, 11:26:47 AM »
Back at it tonight.  Will Dlew put up back to back 7s?  Stay tuned.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »

Where is your "Home Alley"? The team I randomly sub for bowls at AMF College Lanes.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »
676 tonight baybeee

Where is your "Home Alley"? The team I randomly sub for bowls at AMF College Lanes.
ward parkway

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2021, 10:27:39 AM »
665.  I'm bowling the best I ever have.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2021, 10:48:08 AM »
724, 676, 665... seems like you’re steadily getting worse
:adios:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2021, 02:11:50 PM »
gave my ball a hot soap bath the other night because i think it's become pretty impacted by oil and wooee mama did that make a difference.  strike rate shot up like a rocket this week.  my second game I ended with a 223 i think but i hit the pocket pretty cleanly on all 11 of my first balls.  felt good again.

avg is hanging out at about 191 but there's a lot of room to grow if my ball moves like it did this week.
need a little insight on this, wondering what the steps you took to doing it or if I should just save the trouble and call up the proshop at little apple to have em roast it over night for me.
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2021, 03:18:32 PM »
Maybe fattyfest needs a high stakes bowling element to it

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »
gave my ball a hot soap bath the other night because i think it's become pretty impacted by oil and wooee mama did that make a difference.  strike rate shot up like a rocket this week.  my second game I ended with a 223 i think but i hit the pocket pretty cleanly on all 11 of my first balls.  felt good again.

avg is hanging out at about 191 but there's a lot of room to grow if my ball moves like it did this week.
need a little insight on this, wondering what the steps you took to doing it or if I should just save the trouble and call up the proshop at little apple to have em roast it over night for me.
My process was dead simple.  I filled a mop bucket up in my bath rub with hot water and put some dish soap in there.  Then put my ball in the bucket and soaked it for 20 minutes, rotating the ball some every 5 minutes or so.  Then I took the ball out, wiped it down with a towel, and let it air dry over night (hard to get in the finger/thumb holes). 

I didn't tape anything or remove finger tips or anything like that. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2021, 10:20:40 AM »
724, 676, 665... seems like you’re steadily getting worse
655  :ohno:

My first game was bad, 178.  Two opens and not enough strikes.  Bounced back with a cool 245 though the next game.  :gocho:

I think i'm a scratch bowler in our league now.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2021, 11:09:48 AM »
Bowling has been #canceled the last two weeks because of weather.  I did throw a 703 last saturday though, including a 278 (11x; 8/ in the 7th).  So close.  Someday.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
I was in a league a while back, and watched a dude drink Hamm's beer through a straw and roll a 290.

It was amazing.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.