Author Topic: Bowling Master thread.  (Read 4203 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Bowling Master thread.
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2020, 10:47:24 AM »
blows my mind that bowling alleys are even open!
we have to mask.

oh good no chance of infection then

but seriously I imagine most bowling alleys are pretty well ventilated from the smoking days and hand fans

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2020, 12:02:28 PM »
Went and threw a series last week. (633; 259 high game).

I think I sprained my left ankle when I planted.  May finally be time to start working on sliding.
League starts tonight.  My ankle is in OK shape.
183, 183, 226 -- 592.

Really funky release my first two games brought a low strike rate, and missed a couple easy spares.  Started out the third game with 6 of 7 so I eventually got it figured out.  Had the oppo for the triplicate though!

Want to maintain a 200+ average this season.  Starting at 197 isn't horrible.

not gunna lie i think i would have tried to intentionally get that last game 183 but only b/c its the first week and you're just setting averages. I assume this is a handicap league or is it scratch?
Yeah, after I started out with xxx in the third game, i knew the 183 was likely out the door.  At that point I was just trying to salvage 600.

league is handicap (90% of 210 I think?).  league is sanctioned and i'm pretty sure averages carry over from last season, though I'm not quite sure how all of that works.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2020, 12:18:09 PM »
Went and threw a series last week. (633; 259 high game).

I think I sprained my left ankle when I planted.  May finally be time to start working on sliding.
League starts tonight.  My ankle is in OK shape.
183, 183, 226 -- 592.

Really funky release my first two games brought a low strike rate, and missed a couple easy spares.  Started out the third game with 6 of 7 so I eventually got it figured out.  Had the oppo for the triplicate though!

Want to maintain a 200+ average this season.  Starting at 197 isn't horrible.

not gunna lie i think i would have tried to intentionally get that last game 183 but only b/c its the first week and you're just setting averages. I assume this is a handicap league or is it scratch?
Yeah, after I started out with xxx in the third game, i knew the 183 was likely out the door.  At that point I was just trying to salvage 600.

league is handicap (90% of 210 I think?).  league is sanctioned and i'm pretty sure averages carry over from last season, though I'm not quite sure how all of that works.

I start my league tomorrow and our averages (handicaps) from the previous season do role over for the first 3 weeks (to prevent sand bagging). So the 4th week you start with what your avg would have been after the first 3 weeks.   We are also wearing masks, and each team gets 2 lanes with a group of 2 vacant between each team.  Basically our 16 team league has the entire alley now.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2020, 01:05:25 PM »
I start my league tomorrow and our averages (handicaps) from the previous season do role over for the first 3 weeks (to prevent sand bagging). So the 4th week you start with what your avg would have been after the first 3 weeks.   We are also wearing masks, and each team gets 2 lanes with a group of 2 vacant between each team.  Basically our 16 team league has the entire alley now.

Ahh that makes sense. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »
bowled like complete crap last night: 160, 204, 170 - 534.

Ball had no movement -- think something funky was going on with my release, and had a pretty pathetic strike rate.  Shameful.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2020, 09:51:41 AM »
incorrect placement on the booze curve?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Katpak'r
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2020, 10:02:04 AM »
i bet sometimes they oil the lanes w/ a sport pattern instead of a house pattern just to take folks down a peg or two

Offline GregKSU1027

• Katpak'r
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2020, 10:02:37 AM »
i bet sometimes they oil the lanes w/ a sport pattern instead of a house pattern just to take folks down a peg or two
My home bowling alley does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Katpak'r
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2020, 10:47:38 AM »
My home bowling alley does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

high school BAC didn't really understand there were different oil patterns like i thought oil patterns were a standard thing and then the variations were just a product of how recently the lanes had been oiled or how the ppl before you re-distributed the oil. But i had no idea that there were just straight up different patterns so when they would use a sport pattern i was like man i am so bad at bowling now what happened? why do i suck so bad? no crisis of faith quite like unwittingly bowling on a sport pattern.