Author Topic: Bowling Master thread.  (Read 16474 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Bowling Master thread.
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2021, 11:26:47 AM »
Back at it tonight.  Will Dlew put up back to back 7s?  Stay tuned.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2021, 11:31:50 AM »

Where is your "Home Alley"? The team I randomly sub for bowls at AMF College Lanes.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2021, 10:32:58 PM »
676 tonight baybeee

Where is your "Home Alley"? The team I randomly sub for bowls at AMF College Lanes.
ward parkway

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2021, 10:27:39 AM »
665.  I'm bowling the best I ever have.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2021, 10:48:08 AM »
724, 676, 665... seems like you’re steadily getting worse
:adios:

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2021, 02:11:50 PM »
gave my ball a hot soap bath the other night because i think it's become pretty impacted by oil and wooee mama did that make a difference.  strike rate shot up like a rocket this week.  my second game I ended with a 223 i think but i hit the pocket pretty cleanly on all 11 of my first balls.  felt good again.

avg is hanging out at about 191 but there's a lot of room to grow if my ball moves like it did this week.
need a little insight on this, wondering what the steps you took to doing it or if I should just save the trouble and call up the proshop at little apple to have em roast it over night for me.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2021, 03:18:32 PM »
Maybe fattyfest needs a high stakes bowling element to it

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »
gave my ball a hot soap bath the other night because i think it's become pretty impacted by oil and wooee mama did that make a difference.  strike rate shot up like a rocket this week.  my second game I ended with a 223 i think but i hit the pocket pretty cleanly on all 11 of my first balls.  felt good again.

avg is hanging out at about 191 but there's a lot of room to grow if my ball moves like it did this week.
need a little insight on this, wondering what the steps you took to doing it or if I should just save the trouble and call up the proshop at little apple to have em roast it over night for me.
My process was dead simple.  I filled a mop bucket up in my bath rub with hot water and put some dish soap in there.  Then put my ball in the bucket and soaked it for 20 minutes, rotating the ball some every 5 minutes or so.  Then I took the ball out, wiped it down with a towel, and let it air dry over night (hard to get in the finger/thumb holes). 

I didn't tape anything or remove finger tips or anything like that. 

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2021, 10:20:40 AM »
724, 676, 665... seems like you’re steadily getting worse
655  :ohno:

My first game was bad, 178.  Two opens and not enough strikes.  Bounced back with a cool 245 though the next game.  :gocho:

I think i'm a scratch bowler in our league now.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2021, 11:09:48 AM »
Bowling has been #canceled the last two weeks because of weather.  I did throw a 703 last saturday though, including a 278 (11x; 8/ in the 7th).  So close.  Someday.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:44 PM »
I was in a league a while back, and watched a dude drink Hamm's beer through a straw and roll a 290.

It was amazing.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2021, 10:01:02 PM »
736 tonight.  Struck 17 of my last 18   :cool:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2021, 05:22:57 PM »
Will DLEW put up another unbelievable series tonight?  Tune into the BOWLING MASTER THREAD to find out!!!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2021, 09:45:05 AM »
Will DLEW put up another unbelievable series tonight?  Tune into the BOWLING MASTER THREAD to find out!!!
641.  Will take.

BTW there's a guy in our league who broke his arm.  Straight up has his left arm in a sling.  Bowls anyway.  Grabs his ball off the rack with one hand.  Set himself, and cranks it.

I saw him throw a 690 series lastnight, with one arm.  It was the most impressive thing I've seen in ~20 years of bowling.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 16, 2021, 03:09:54 PM »
644 last night.  Yeoman's work.

I also bought new shoes today:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2021, 03:13:49 PM »
I was in a league a while back, and watched a dude drink Hamm's beer through a straw and roll a 290.

It was amazing.
Know what goes good with Hamms?? Turkeys!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2021, 03:58:31 PM »
Hammbones, haha

a little bowling humor for us here

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2021, 10:00:39 AM »
DQ what all do you keep in your bag? I haven't bowled in a league in years but i remember i always kept a rosin bag and a bottle of baby chowder. Although i didn't like getting my thumbhole drilled out so i used the baby chowder a lot more than the rosin. I've never used the wrist brace thing nor the towel with the handles a la big lebowski, i think i just threw a regular towel in there.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2021, 11:19:22 AM »
DQ what all do you keep in your bag? I haven't bowled in a league in years but i remember i always kept a rosin bag and a bottle of baby chowder. Although i didn't like getting my thumbhole drilled out so i used the baby chowder a lot more than the rosin. I've never used the wrist brace thing nor the towel with the handles a la big lebowski, i think i just threw a regular towel in there.
An inventory of my bag is as follows:

Balls:
Storm Intense
Storm Ice

Shoes
Brunswick Frenzy Bowling Shoes (blue) -- Will be replaced today with Brunswick Rampage (red/gray)

Microfiber Towel -- I don't think people really use the handled towels anymore. 

I don't use rosin or baby chowder or anything like that. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2021, 12:46:07 PM »
when i was a kid Justin Hromek won the US Open and his local guy was Tom Warren who ran the pro shop where i did saturday morning league and Tom would just hang out in his shop watching the kids bowling so whenever you came in to his shop to get a ball he already knew how you rolled it and where to drill it, anyway one time i was in the market for a ball and he said "oh yeah Justin was in the other day and he decided he didn't want to use this ball anymore, it would probably be good for you" and i was like heck yes and that is still the ball in my bag and i'm worried one of these days i'm going to throw it and its just going to split in half because its so old.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2021, 02:45:59 PM »
when i was a kid Justin Hromek won the US Open and his local guy was Tom Warren who ran the pro shop where i did saturday morning league and Tom would just hang out in his shop watching the kids bowling so whenever you came in to his shop to get a ball he already knew how you rolled it and where to drill it, anyway one time i was in the market for a ball and he said "oh yeah Justin was in the other day and he decided he didn't want to use this ball anymore, it would probably be good for you" and i was like heck yes and that is still the ball in my bag and i'm worried one of these days i'm going to throw it and its just going to split in half because its so old.
lol that's aweosme.  What kind of ball?  I see that he won the US Open in '94.  Ball tech has come a loooong way since then.  And it's awesome because the most expensive ball out there is like, less than $300. 

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2021, 03:26:38 PM »
quantum proactive 2, same slate blue w/ yellow fingertip inserts.  Also fun, there was a little 3/4" diameter hole bored out of the side and Tom explained to me that they do that at professional events to check and make sure the ball is legal.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2021, 09:56:45 AM »
quantum proactive 2, same slate blue w/ yellow fingertip inserts.  Also fun, there was a little 3/4" diameter hole bored out of the side and Tom explained to me that they do that at professional events to check and make sure the ball is legal.

Is it still actually a hole (i.e. not filled?)?  If so, the USBC outlawed that in the last couple of years.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2021, 09:57:45 AM »
Last night I got my haircut and my barber and I got talking about bowling somehow.  He said he used to average a 250.  I called bullshit, but he maintained it was true.

I still don't believe him.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2021, 10:19:10 AM »
Barbers tend to exaggerate a lot.