Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3981924 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #34350 on: September 21, 2022, 11:36:02 AM »
Only use it on iPhone, MacBook and thru AppleTV for tv viewing. Never have any problems w the player, but good god does the user interface suck hellacious balls. That HBO max interface tho!!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34351 on: September 21, 2022, 05:48:14 PM »
"I've never had issues with ESPN+" The natural follow-up is, how much ESPN+ have you watched. I didn't watch it on Saturday but the issue of the steam starting late for some and others not being able to join live are actual things that happened. Them only having one camera for the Oklahoma State game that kicked the Big 12 package on ESPN+ off is something that happened, for literally everyone watching that game.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34352 on: September 21, 2022, 05:59:40 PM »
we watch an absolute shitload of espn+. more obscure college baseball games that nobody GAF about (me included) than you could ever imagine. I'd also like to shout out ESPN+ (on behalf of lil sd) for playing basically every college baseball game you could ever want to watch.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34353 on: September 21, 2022, 07:17:42 PM »
I doubt Amazon is going to do this on the cheap.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34354 on: September 21, 2022, 07:40:57 PM »
"I've never had issues with ESPN+" The natural follow-up is, how much ESPN+ have you watched. I didn't watch it on Saturday but the issue of the steam starting late for some and others not being able to join live are actual things that happened. Them only having one camera for the Oklahoma State game that kicked the Big 12 package on ESPN+ off is something that happened, for literally everyone watching that game.

They also were stuck on first half replay to start the second half.   The bugs are definitely still not worked out on the product.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34355 on: September 21, 2022, 08:49:14 PM »
I see people complain about ESPN+ streaming quality all the time, but my experience has been nearly flawless for years.
Let's be real though.  You've only been watching football streams for the last 3 weeks.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34356 on: September 21, 2022, 09:12:29 PM »
I read that Amazon prime had more prime enrollments for the Thursday night football game than they ever got for their previous prime enrollment promotions/specials.

I just heard this stat, they had more signups last Thursday than any other single day in prime history, more than on any black Friday, cyber Monday, or prime day. That's bonkers. The NFL is king.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34357 on: September 21, 2022, 09:13:15 PM »
we watch an absolute shitload of espn+. more obscure college baseball games that nobody GAF about (me included) than you could ever imagine. I'd also like to shout out ESPN+ (on behalf of lil sd) for playing basically every college baseball game you could ever want to watch.

my bad

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34358 on: September 21, 2022, 09:21:18 PM »
I see people complain about ESPN+ streaming quality all the time, but my experience has been nearly flawless for years.
Let's be real though.  You've only been watching football streams for the last 3 weeks.

Au contraire. Do you know how many KU fball games get relegated to The Plus? I've watched every game I could since 2006, I'd guess.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34359 on: September 21, 2022, 09:41:02 PM »

Au contraire. Do you know how many KU fball games get relegated to The Plus? I've watched every game I could since 2006, I'd guess.

Yes, the issue with Spracne isn't that he hasn't watched the Hawks, it's that those scrubs are only on streaming, FS1, and ESPNU. Dude doesn't know what a nice broadcast looks like.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34360 on: September 21, 2022, 10:39:37 PM »

Yes, the issue with Spracne isn't that he hasn't watched the Hawks, it's that those scrubs are only on streaming, FS1, and ESPNU. Dude doesn't know what a nice broadcast looks like.

I mean, I thought we were discussing the integrity of the stream, not the sub-tier production quality and announcers, which is expected for undercards like KU fball vs. crap teams like Tenn. Tech and KSU.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34361 on: September 22, 2022, 08:21:03 AM »

I mean, I thought we were discussing the integrity of the stream, not the sub-tier production quality and announcers, which is expected for undercards like KU fball vs. crap teams like Tenn. Tech and KSU.

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34362 on: September 22, 2022, 03:27:32 PM »

This is me except for MLS/USL/EFL/Bundesliga/Eredivisie etc.

Signed up for E+ pretty much on the day it went live and have had literally zero issues with it until a few weeks ago with the US Open and its 80 bajillion streams and college football all going on at once.  Ever since then on college football Saturdays it's been almost completely unusable.

Between this, the rate hikes and MLS moving to AppleTV+ next season I am pretty sure I will not renew (annual subscription) next time.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34363 on: September 22, 2022, 04:56:26 PM »
I pretty much only have problems with ESPN Plus when I want to watch KSU football. It has been mostly fine otherwise.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34364 on: September 22, 2022, 05:29:56 PM »
It’s still infinitely better than kstateHD.TV or whatever bullshit we had for tier 3 before ESPN+. I think it’s reasonable to call out that it still has semi frequent issues that make it less desirable than normal channels.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34365 on: September 22, 2022, 08:34:31 PM »
It’s still infinitely better than kstateHD.TV or whatever bullshit we had for tier 3 before ESPN+. I think it’s reasonable to call out that it still has semi frequent issues that make it less desirable than normal channels.

I have had more issues with ESPN+ than I ever had with kstatehd.tv, but I haven't had a ton of issues with either. I preferred it when we had kstatehd.tv because that was only ever one nonconference game per year, but now we get conference games on ESPN+.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34366 on: September 22, 2022, 11:09:07 PM »

For all sports other than football the production of ESPN+ and K-StateHD.TV is exactly the same thing.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34367 on: September 23, 2022, 09:08:53 AM »
There are low budget streaming providers that have better production and quality showing dirt track races in the middle of rough ridin' nowhere America, than ESPN+.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34368 on: September 28, 2022, 02:24:07 PM »
y'all.
Adding to the intrigue, the Big Ten and Big 12 share the same media rights consultant, Endeavor, a global sports and entertainment company.

CBS Sports reported last month Endeavor was advising the Big 12 about whether it should add Pac-12 programs. Earlier this summer, CBS Sports reported the Big 12 was interested in the aforementioned "Four Corners" programs.

Since then, officials from Oregon and Washington have met with the Big Ten, according to multiple media reports. Earlier this month, Big 12 commissioner Brett Yormark said, for the first time publicly, he was interested in expanding to the Pac-12 footprint.
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1575183593172869120

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34369 on: September 28, 2022, 02:29:57 PM »
It is just a matter of time
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34370 on: September 28, 2022, 03:14:46 PM »
Be wary Wazzu and Orzzu

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34371 on: September 28, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34372 on: September 28, 2022, 04:23:00 PM »
I don't care about Wazzu, but I kind of like Oregon State.  I think I've said that before.

Kind of disappointed they couldn't pull off beating USC.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34373 on: September 28, 2022, 05:19:36 PM »
I don't care about Wazzu, but I kind of like Oregon State.  I think I've said that before.

I think he was meaning anyone who joins the big 10 like nubbs it's the kiss of death
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34374 on: September 28, 2022, 05:44:11 PM »

I think he was meaning anyone who joins the big 10 like nubbs it's the kiss of death

I don't think that would be the case with a quartet from the PAC or a trio plus ND.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.