Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 3979623 times)

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #34375 on: September 28, 2022, 05:45:55 PM »
Be wary Wazzu and Orzzu

I’ve said it 100 times, but bring them in to keep them healthy for when the ACC gets gutted. When that happens let WVU, UCF & Cincy join up with their leftovers. You then have Wazzu & OreSt still at as 2nd tier programs & they dint need to build back up after years in the MWC. Plus, they don’t deserve to get screwed.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34376 on: September 28, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »
The four corners schools would do well to just bounce to the 12 immediately. I think it's pretty probable that VT, Pitt, L'Ville and maybe another pretty good will be with us within 5 years.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #34377 on: September 28, 2022, 06:48:38 PM »
The four corners schools would do well to just bounce to the 12 immediately. I think it's pretty probable that VT, Pitt, L'Ville and maybe another pretty good will be with us within 5 years.
they really would. For one, if big 10 offers never come to the remaining teams it could force Oregon/Wash to hold their nose and come along.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #34378 on: September 28, 2022, 07:24:23 PM »
they really would. For one, if big 10 offers never come to the remaining teams it could force Oregon/Wash to hold their nose and come along.

Ugh, I respect Oregon's new money hustle bravado but UW would be insufferable in the nuBIG12 talking about their one SPLIT natty 30+ years ago and pretending they are on the same level that OUT was.

Anyways can't wait to kick some husky's in the rib cage then run them over them in our lifted 4 wheelers after we accuse them of chasing our cattle.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34379 on: September 28, 2022, 08:22:49 PM »

How big do you think the conference is going to be?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34380 on: September 28, 2022, 08:26:10 PM »

18-20.

This isn't exact, but something like...

BYU
Utah
Zona
Zona St
CU
TTU
TCU
ISU
KU
KSU
OSU
Baylor
TTU
Hou
WVU
L'Ville
Pitt
VT
UCF

Give or take a team or two.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 08:29:43 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34381 on: September 28, 2022, 08:29:30 PM »

~20.

Not seeing that at all, but we'll see, I guess.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34382 on: September 28, 2022, 08:31:17 PM »

~20.

Not seeing that at all, but we'll see, I guess.

we could also jettison or lose some of our newer member out east. fwiw, I don't prefer that many teams.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34383 on: September 28, 2022, 09:05:58 PM »
It is kinda interesting to think about which will be worth more to be a part of:

1) the Big 12+PAC leftovers, or

2) the ACC minus teams poached by the SEC (let’s assume 4, to get to 20).

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34384 on: September 28, 2022, 09:19:28 PM »
Just go get the 4 corners now to get to 16. If everyone is trying to get to 20, the ACC will get torn apart soon and we’ll have our choice of some leftover PAC’s or ACC schools to get to 20 as well.

West: ASU, UofA, UofU, BYU
OG’s: CU, KU, K-State, OSU
South: TTech, Baylor, Houston, TCU
East: ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCF

Some really good rivalries in those divisions.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34385 on: September 28, 2022, 09:24:10 PM »
Just go get the 4 corners now to get to 16. If everyone is trying to get to 20, the ACC will get torn apart soon and we’ll have our choice of some leftover PAC’s or ACC schools to get to 20 as well.

I think 20 is just a coincidental number. They will all expand as long as it keeps making them richer, and stop when it makes them poorer (also called profit maximization).

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34386 on: September 28, 2022, 09:24:17 PM »
Is anyone other than Dodd reporting this?  I mean, it's Dodd.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34387 on: September 28, 2022, 09:29:01 PM »
He really didn’t say too much except that a streaming service MIGHT cough up enough to allow the big 10 to expand again.  If they do, that might mean our future Big 12 TV $ situation is pretty good, which might mean expansion makes sense.  Basically just extrapolating dominos or whatever.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #34388 on: September 28, 2022, 11:15:45 PM »
I hope we don't get CU.  They are a crappy FB school that thinks they are too good to be part of the Big XII.  The two Arizona schools, UU, and SDSU would be a better fit.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34389 on: September 29, 2022, 08:20:44 AM »
Yeah, I would prefer to pick up CSU over CU. Their quality of product and fan support is roughly equal, but CSU has been held back by G5 status. It's at least possible they would use the extra money to get better. CU would be taking a paycut. SDSU would be better than both.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34390 on: September 29, 2022, 08:57:27 AM »
In what scenario could we ditch Baylor?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34391 on: September 29, 2022, 09:21:08 AM »
In what scenario could we ditch Baylor?
Need to get their fans on camera doing some racist crap or something so they can get an SEC invite.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34392 on: September 29, 2022, 12:23:42 PM »

Did you read the article? He attributed nearly all of that to other people.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34393 on: September 29, 2022, 12:27:55 PM »
It is kinda interesting to think about which will be worth more to be a part of:

I'd guess the ACC would get the higher raw number simply because they have to wait so long until their media rights are redone. They could get $80 million, but what does $80 million look like in 2036? That might legitimately be three Big 10 contracts away. I think the answer to this question ultimately comes down to how long the next Big 12 media deal is.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34394 on: September 29, 2022, 02:27:23 PM »

Did you read the article? He attributed nearly all of that to other people.

I didn't hence the reason for the question.  I'm not a big fan of his so wasn't going to spend the time.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34395 on: September 29, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »

I'd guess the ACC would get the higher raw number simply because they have to wait so long until their media rights are redone. They could get $80 million, but what does $80 million look like in 2036? That might legitimately be three Big 10 contracts away. I think the answer to this question ultimately comes down to how long the next Big 12 media deal is.
I agree.

That leads me to believe that unless the ACC has some sort of automatic renegotiation if X teams leave and/or join, the ACC is not a real threat to the Big 12 on either taking our teams or outbidding us for new teams.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34396 on: September 29, 2022, 03:06:04 PM »

I agree.

That leads me to believe that unless the ACC has some sort of automatic renegotiation if X teams leave and/or join, the ACC is not a real threat to the Big 12 on either taking our teams or outbidding us for new teams.

They can only do that if they agree, it has to be unanimous, to break the GOR, then break their contract with ESPN, who told certainly sue them then if they did bid on the new rights for the ACC they'd give them the lowest of low-ball offers

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34397 on: September 29, 2022, 08:29:38 PM »

Looks sexy

Though, I do think they'd either keep the loyal core (KU, K-State, ISU, and OSU) in a pod, or split it some other way. Like, I can't see us/ku/ISU/OSU realistically in a different "pod" and not play every year
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34398 on: September 29, 2022, 08:31:07 PM »
There is nothing sexy at all about a 20 team conference. Ideally, there would be a rule capping conferences at 10 teams.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34399 on: September 29, 2022, 09:00:30 PM »
There is nothing sexy at all about a 20 team conference. Ideally, there would be a rule capping conferences at 10 teams.

I counted 16 on that one mocat, but understand the feeling.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla