Author Topic: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....  (Read 4059406 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke your cigars and enjoy the band while you can....
« Reply #34325 on: September 16, 2022, 06:17:59 PM »
Two are alike, but one is different.  :thumbsup:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34326 on: September 16, 2022, 06:41:44 PM »
Nice power move ICE MAN

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34327 on: September 16, 2022, 06:52:06 PM »
This will be a perfect scapegoat for the lack of P2 interest.

Huge face saving favor to them.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #34328 on: September 16, 2022, 06:54:48 PM »
That’s some bullshit, free the Hawks.

They’ve been free for 100 years but here they are still in the same conference with kstate and Iowa state. Birds of a feather and all.
Yep. For a century the hawks have said to the world “Kansas State and Iowa State are who we want to be most closely associated with.” Its flattering.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34329 on: September 16, 2022, 06:55:36 PM »
This will be a perfect scapegoat for the lack of P2 interest.

Huge face saving favor to them.
Carl Ice.  Is there anything he cannot do?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34330 on: September 17, 2022, 08:26:41 PM »
HOLY crap, CARL KNEW WE WERE ON THE VERGE OF SUCKING BALL SACKS!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34331 on: September 17, 2022, 08:52:03 PM »
It is critical that we land in the same conference as uw. Their tailgating is great but easily dominated by opposing fans organized in paks.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34333 on: September 20, 2022, 08:27:22 PM »
I hope they get the third tier rights and Olympic sports rights for the Big 12. I can't stand ESPN+, the terrible quality is absolutely unacceptable, they do it simply because they can. There's no reason for the Disney company to have such a low quality streaming service.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34334 on: September 20, 2022, 09:16:26 PM »
amazons tnf broadcast sucked and basically everything they do on their website is lower than walmart quality so they probably aren’t going to do better than espn and I strongly hate espn

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34335 on: September 20, 2022, 09:55:40 PM »
I see people complain about ESPN+ streaming quality all the time, but my experience has been nearly flawless for years.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34336 on: September 20, 2022, 10:07:36 PM »
Maybe I’m the outlier, but I think the more niche programming and corresponding price increases amazon adds to prime, the more people will finally notice the recurring prime charge and cancel at a rate higher than people will be adding prime for that crap.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #34337 on: September 20, 2022, 10:30:07 PM »
I see people complain about ESPN+ streaming quality all the time, but my experience has been nearly flawless for years.

ESPN+ is hit or miss. Last weekend I watched the first half of the katz game on ESPN+ through the ESPN app on my tv with no issues. At half I switched over to watch our sunflower brothers beak the crap out of houston.

When I went back to the katz game on my tv the ESPN app started me at the beginning of the game and wouldn't let me fast forward. I could still watch it on my phone/computer in real time.

Eventually I fired up the ole Xbox and the ESPN app on there started me at the "live" time instead of at the beginning.

Issues like this are why people complain about ESPN+

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34338 on: September 20, 2022, 10:38:48 PM »

ESPN+ is hit or miss. Last weekend I watched the first half of the katz game on ESPN+ through the ESPN app on my tv with no issues. At half I switched over to watch our sunflower brothers beak the crap out of houston.

When I went back to the katz game on my tv the ESPN app started me at the beginning of the game and wouldn't let me fast forward. I could still watch it on my phone/computer in real time.

Eventually I fired up the ole Xbox and the ESPN app on there started me at the "live" time instead of at the beginning.

Yeah, I'm not doubting that people are having problems, but it's difficult for me to pinpoint the actual issue.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34339 on: September 21, 2022, 07:41:15 AM »
Very few issues with the video feeds on ESPN app here and in fact I find the image quality for most non ESPN games superior on the app vs DIRECTV which is usually the best traditional provider.

Navigation of the app sucks balls, just like the ESPN website with the auto play vids and over promotion of what ESPN wants you to watch but the picture is usually good

Offline PandaXpanda

• Katpak'r
  • "is it too soon after 9/11 to be wearing pleats?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34340 on: September 21, 2022, 08:21:53 AM »
Very few issues with the video feeds on ESPN app here and in fact I find the image quality for most non ESPN games superior on the app vs DIRECTV which is usually the best traditional provider.

Navigation of the app sucks balls,
just like the ESPN website with the auto play vids and over promotion of what ESPN wants you to watch but the picture is usually good

This has been the most annoying thing for me. Picture quality, and pretty much everything else, has always been great for me.
aren't you glad it wasn't you? - g.h.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34341 on: September 21, 2022, 08:23:28 AM »

Yeah, I'm not doubting that people are having problems, but it's difficult for me to pinpoint the actual issue.

The first thing is to distinguish between live content produced for ESPN+ and ESPN3 and programming produced for over the air ESPN that is also streamed. ESPN uses lower quality equipment for the programming exclusively streamed. In fact when they allow the schools to produce their own shows to appear on their streaming platforms, the schools generally have better, newer equipment. They will allow the schools to produce all sports other than football, which is annoying. They also use far less cameras for live programming on their streaming platforms.

I don't know the technical in and outs of their streaming capacity, but I know it's horrible. It lags and buffets badly on 4G signals. As someone who watches a lot of niche sports, this is a real problem for me. ESPN+ lags and buffers far more than other streaming sports platforms, significantly more.

Then there's the actual player and the organization, or lack thereof, of the app/website. The player is easily the worst in the industry. How, in 2022, that they don't have the capability of playing games in multiple boxes, is crazy. The bamtech platform, what they use for streaming has the capability to do this, Disney used to do it before ESPN+. MLB.tv, who also uses bamtech has it now.

On Labor Day weekend I was using ESPN+ to watch games and it was a disaster. At one time they had over 60 live streams going at once, with the US Open, college football, college soccer, college volleyball, and all the other ancillary sports they gave. It was nearly impossible to find the K-State Volleyball match and English Championship soccer I wanted to watch, and when I used what should have been the organization method they use, the streams didn't come up, either of them, do I had to scroll through all that other content to find my games.

For as much content that they stream exclusively, their investment in the platform is poor.

Also it's inexcusable that Disney/ESPN doesn't have any 4K broadcast capability yet for their linear broadcasts. You'd think they have it for the one NFL game they have a week and the CFP. Nope.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34342 on: September 21, 2022, 09:03:37 AM »
MIR i believe the multibox feature is exclusive to apple tv for ESPN.

Also i cosign everything you posted above and will add the lack of effort in putting live streams of Big 12 football and Mens basketball games in some kind of special menu or what have you really fuels my "ESPN wants to destroy my school" feels  :jeffy:

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34343 on: September 21, 2022, 09:12:20 AM »
Rain has said it better than I can all I know is it sucks. Before the Tulane game I went to the app menu and scrolled through the live broadcast icons, no Tulane Kansas State. Then I clicked on the big 12 icon and scrolled through the live broadcasts, no Tulane Kansas State. Tried both a couple more times, then tried a search for “Tulane“, no Tulane Kansas state. Then I did a search for Kansas State, the icon for Tulane Kansas state finally showed up. The player sucks . The inability/difficulty to switch back-and-forth between games sucks. The ability to watch it on a delayed basis and fast forward through commercials sucks. The difficulty in trying to sync it up with the Wyatt vision radio broadcast sucks. 

I read that Amazon prime had more prime enrollments for the Thursday night football game than they ever got for their previous prime enrollment promotions/specials. I hate everything about Amazon but hopefully they will have a better product for all of Kansas state tier 3 contact.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #34344 on: September 21, 2022, 10:37:40 AM »
If I have to pay and its a huge PIA I either don't watch or just deal with the free PIA of sportsurge. It took me a couple of minutes to get it work, but I got it going saturday. Lil SF gets pissed because it isn't the full screen, but it works for the one offs that I need. Also, very glad I didn't pay ESPN $10 to watch CK and AM crap the bed. It was hard enough watching that for free.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34345 on: September 21, 2022, 10:45:27 AM »
They miss the opening kick and tip off a ton. I think I was three series behind before they finally streamed on Saturday.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #34346 on: September 21, 2022, 11:07:00 AM »
Yeah, it’s been an incredible product for us. I think some people have issues unrelated to the actual service they lump onto the service. Like an old person forgetting to bring proof of insurance to the DMV and then becoming enraged at the DMV. Probably a bad example since the DMV sucks for many other reasons but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34347 on: September 21, 2022, 11:10:10 AM »
Sign me up as someone who also has never had major ESPN+ issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #34348 on: September 21, 2022, 11:11:53 AM »
i saw a bunch of people complaining that they got kicked off the stream on saturday and when they tried to get back on the stream they placed them at the beginning of the game and the only way they could catch up was by doing 10 second incremental "skips."  that would be frustrating.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34349 on: September 21, 2022, 11:18:44 AM »
ESPN+ works fine on my phone and TV at home.  I had some phantom-trails on the picture when trying to cast it or even straight on the app on a friend's TV.  My guess is his TV was the problem.