Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 78947 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gucci Mane Book Reader
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #850 on: May 26, 2021, 10:40:27 AM »
Apparently this was less about appeasing Tracz's whining and more about a consistent decline in student ticket sales.

That makes sense. I hope we get good again soon and Tracz has to unwillingly move to the corner again.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 26, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
i think the best outcome would be to have the band stay in the student section and make tracz move to and direct the band from the corner

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 26, 2021, 01:03:23 PM »
Apparently this was less about appeasing Tracz's whining and more about a consistent decline in student ticket sales.

I know you've usually got fairly reliable sources, but I'm going to go ahead and ask how you know this. Ticket sales go up and go down. Snyder's last few years created great apathy and Covid didn't do any favors. Is there a plan to move the band back if ticket sales go back up? If not, does anyone have a plan for the purpose built band area since it has now been vacated?

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 26, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
From a tv perspective if it camps make the lower level look full. I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 26, 2021, 02:23:17 PM »
Winning makes the whole stadium look full.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 26, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »

I know you've usually got fairly reliable sources, but I'm going to go ahead and ask how you know this. Ticket sales go up and go down. Snyder's last few years created great apathy and Covid didn't do any favors. Is there a plan to move the band back if ticket sales go back up? If not, does anyone have a plan for the purpose built band area since it has now been vacated?

The current sales are definitely a factor but I'd say the larger factor is the trend of declining student ticket sales nationwide. It's an industry issue, not a K-State one. This was an issue/concern even before the pandemic, now there's the additional concern as to if there will be some hesitancy to return for some.

What's the long term play for that section, dunno. I don't even even know the short term plan. I do know another industry trend and what consumers want are more amenities/experiences. My guess is that will eventually become another private area or a no beer allowed family section if they go to stadiumwide alcohol sales in 2021 which I think is a strong possibility.

As far as hearing the band goes I'd hope we'd find a way to get them wired into the audio system. They do this at other places like OU. Maybe our stadium is too small and they can't get the acoustics right?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 27, 2021, 06:03:34 PM »
:lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 25, 2021, 09:47:13 PM »
The old band section is just going to be a GA section. So to recap the band was moved back to the student section because the general admission seating in section 28 and the student section didn't sell well, so we make the band section GA, doesn't this just shift the empty seats?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 25, 2021, 11:36:57 PM »
The old band section is just going to be a GA section. So to recap the band was moved back to the student section because the general admission seating in section 28 and the student section didn't sell well, so we make the band section GA, doesn't this just shift the empty seats?

Shifts them away from the backdrop in the main tv angle. :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 26, 2021, 12:54:21 AM »

Shifts them away from the backdrop in the main tv angle. :dunno:

Didn't think of that

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: July 17, 2021, 12:29:33 AM »

The current sales are definitely a factor but I'd say the larger factor is the trend of declining student ticket sales nationwide. It's an industry issue, not a K-State one. This was an issue/concern even before the pandemic, now there's the additional concern as to if there will be some hesitancy to return for some.

What's the long term play for that section, dunno. I don't even even know the short term plan. I do know another industry trend and what consumers want are more amenities/experiences. My guess is that will eventually become another private area or a no beer allowed family section if they go to stadiumwide alcohol sales in 2021 which I think is a strong possibility.

As far as hearing the band goes I'd hope we'd find a way to get them wired into the audio system. They do this at other places like OU. Maybe our stadium is too small and they can't get the acoustics right?
Can confirm its because of ticket sales. Student ticket sales are down and people are still weary because of ‘rona. K-States ticket sales were declining when I was in school which was just the last 5 years. They had trouble selling out of ICAT the last two years i was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Except, odds are, that child will have the chance to return to Disney World while K-State fans will most likely never, ever, ever see Underwood back in Bramlage wearing purple." -Timothy Everson