Author Topic: Holler for the Band!!  (Read 110938 times)

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Holler for the Band!!
« Reply #850 on: May 26, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
i think the best outcome would be to have the band stay in the student section and make tracz move to and direct the band from the corner

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 26, 2021, 01:03:23 PM »
Apparently this was less about appeasing Tracz's whining and more about a consistent decline in student ticket sales.

I know you've usually got fairly reliable sources, but I'm going to go ahead and ask how you know this. Ticket sales go up and go down. Snyder's last few years created great apathy and Covid didn't do any favors. Is there a plan to move the band back if ticket sales go back up? If not, does anyone have a plan for the purpose built band area since it has now been vacated?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 26, 2021, 01:21:22 PM »
From a tv perspective if it camps make the lower level look full. I’m all for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 26, 2021, 02:23:17 PM »
Winning makes the whole stadium look full.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 26, 2021, 03:07:24 PM »
Apparently this was less about appeasing Tracz's whining and more about a consistent decline in student ticket sales.

I know you've usually got fairly reliable sources, but I'm going to go ahead and ask how you know this. Ticket sales go up and go down. Snyder's last few years created great apathy and Covid didn't do any favors. Is there a plan to move the band back if ticket sales go back up? If not, does anyone have a plan for the purpose built band area since it has now been vacated?

The current sales are definitely a factor but I'd say the larger factor is the trend of declining student ticket sales nationwide. It's an industry issue, not a K-State one. This was an issue/concern even before the pandemic, now there's the additional concern as to if there will be some hesitancy to return for some.

What's the long term play for that section, dunno. I don't even even know the short term plan. I do know another industry trend and what consumers want are more amenities/experiences. My guess is that will eventually become another private area or a no beer allowed family section if they go to stadiumwide alcohol sales in 2021 which I think is a strong possibility.

As far as hearing the band goes I'd hope we'd find a way to get them wired into the audio system. They do this at other places like OU. Maybe our stadium is too small and they can't get the acoustics right?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 25, 2021, 09:47:13 PM »
The old band section is just going to be a GA section. So to recap the band was moved back to the student section because the general admission seating in section 28 and the student section didn't sell well, so we make the band section GA, doesn't this just shift the empty seats?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 25, 2021, 11:36:57 PM »
The old band section is just going to be a GA section. So to recap the band was moved back to the student section because the general admission seating in section 28 and the student section didn't sell well, so we make the band section GA, doesn't this just shift the empty seats?

Shifts them away from the backdrop in the main tv angle. :dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 26, 2021, 12:54:21 AM »

Shifts them away from the backdrop in the main tv angle. :dunno:

Didn't think of that

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: July 17, 2021, 12:29:33 AM »

The current sales are definitely a factor but I'd say the larger factor is the trend of declining student ticket sales nationwide. It's an industry issue, not a K-State one. This was an issue/concern even before the pandemic, now there's the additional concern as to if there will be some hesitancy to return for some.

What's the long term play for that section, dunno. I don't even even know the short term plan. I do know another industry trend and what consumers want are more amenities/experiences. My guess is that will eventually become another private area or a no beer allowed family section if they go to stadiumwide alcohol sales in 2021 which I think is a strong possibility.

As far as hearing the band goes I'd hope we'd find a way to get them wired into the audio system. They do this at other places like OU. Maybe our stadium is too small and they can't get the acoustics right?
Can confirm its because of ticket sales. Student ticket sales are down and people are still weary because of ‘rona. K-States ticket sales were declining when I was in school which was just the last 5 years. They had trouble selling out of ICAT the last two years i was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 30, 2023, 11:10:36 AM »
Current drum major just quit very publicly on FB, and people are coming out alleging toxic abuse from Dr. Tracz. We'll see how it plays out.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 30, 2023, 11:32:33 AM »
Current drum major just quit very publicly on FB, and people are coming out alleging toxic abuse from Dr. Tracz. We'll see how it plays out.
link? I know some young people who are current members of the band and love band / Dr Tracz but not everyone has the same experience, of course.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 30, 2023, 11:53:27 AM »
It's just like whiplash
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 30, 2023, 12:50:21 PM »
link? I know some young people who are current members of the band and love band / Dr Tracz but not everyone has the same experience, of course.

Would love to see a screen grab of this.

I was in the band for 2 seasons at KSU. Can confirm Tracz can be pretty abusive towards some kids.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 30, 2023, 02:27:17 PM »
PLAY THE DRUM HARDER YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 30, 2023, 04:31:03 PM »

PLAY THE DRUM LOADER YOU CAT BASTARD!!!....FYP  :blush: :cheers:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 30, 2023, 04:33:32 PM »
Just shut up and play the drums.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 30, 2023, 04:47:48 PM »
Hey, are you rough ridin' with our Band Leader's impersonations?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 30, 2023, 05:12:06 PM »
WHERE THE eff ARE MY PICCOLOS, I CANNOT HEAR THE PICCOLOS!!!

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 30, 2023, 05:44:59 PM »

He once threatened to kick me out of band (which would give me an F, and lose my scholarship) for missing a practice to visit my mother after a surgery. A TA told me it was fine to miss and would clear it with Tracz, I had to have about an hour long meeting with him about how I let everyone down and how I would likely not amount to anything in life due to my disrespect for my peers. Pretty insane crap to tell an 18 yr old whose mother was battling cancer IMO

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 30, 2023, 05:55:07 PM »

This probably isn't the post that CF3 is referring to but it's all I saw

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 30, 2023, 06:01:32 PM »
Just saw two posts more from three days ago. If neither of these two are what CF3 is talking about, little buddy might have a huge problem. They post was too long to screenshot but he never mentioned Tracz by name. Just search K-State marching band.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 30, 2023, 08:02:12 PM »

This probably isn't the post that CF3 is referring to but it's all I saw

This was from a dude my age who was in the music department with me. He was referencing the current issues and how they relate to his own experience. Very talented guy. Had a falling out with Tracz, don't know the details. In the comments of this post and several others he made, a lot of my music dept friends who now have students in the band are indicating there is fire around this smoke. 

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 30, 2023, 08:03:26 PM »
Current drum major's FB post. Lots of non-specifics

Disclaimer: Long post ahead, but if you have just a couple of minutes, I ask that you please take a moment to read.
I’ve spent a lot of time recently reflecting on my past few years in the K-State Marching Band. Throughout the past four years, I’ve developed unforgettable friendships and memories, and learned a lot about myself as a leader and as an overall person.
Ultimately, I decided to come to K-State because of the reputation of the KSUMB and my high school experiences with the K-State band program. Coming into the band, I never would have imagined having the opportunities I have had and experiencing the things I have. So, it is bittersweet and with a heavy heart that is share that I have decided to step away from the K-State Marching Band for my final year at KSU.
Regardless of my love for this band and the gratitude I have for the people I have met and the experiences and opportunities I have been presented with, I have also been faced with far too many shocking, unsettling, and problematic encounters throughout my recent semesters that go against my morals and values as a human being and an educator. Without revealing too many details, I have witnessed overt mistreatment of many members within our band program, myself included, and, while I have an undying love for the band and all members involved, it feels wrong for myself to continue to be associated with this type of behavior and disregard for basic human decency while turning a blind eye.
Some may be quick to make other assumptions as to why I am leaving the band, and to that all I can say is there is no other reason other than the cases of disrespect and mistreatment towards many band members, which I have previously mentioned. I am very sad to leave my drum major team of Audrey, Farhan, and Colby, behind, but I am thrilled to see what they do this year. I am beyond proud of Audrey for receiving the head drum major position and I can’t wait to see how she thrives in this position. Ever since she was announced as head drum major, I knew the band was in OUTSTANDING hands. Thank you to these individuals and my past drum major team, Daniel, Taton, and Audrey, for helping to mold me into the person I am.
This was an incredibly hard decision to make, and one that did not come without many weeks of endless thoughts, prayers, and reflections. I will forever be grateful for my time in the KSUMB, the people I have met, and the opportunities I have had. I hope I will stand as a model for anyone who may find themself in a similar (or the same) situation, to know that your morals, values, and health is what’s most important, and that standing up for what you believe in is never a selfish choice. I will always have a deep love and pride the KSUMB and I am so excited to see what they accomplish this season.
As I spent time reflecting on this decision, I also took some time to look through some memories of my past four years, and decided to attach some of my favorite photos to stand as a representation of how grateful I am for the experiences I have had. Go cats, and go band. 💜

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 30, 2023, 08:06:52 PM »
My personal experience, which does not negate anyone else's:

Dr. Tracz is an incredibly hard working guy with high standards, and emotional immaturity. He had a quick temper and would get angry from time to time. One time to me he told me "I wish you'd stop being so goddamn lazy" after I did an assignment incorrectly in conducting class. I had done the assignment, just not in the correct way. It was my mistake, but come on, I misread one step. That being said, I never saw him cross a line to what I would consider abusive, however that's my experience and not everyone else's.