Author Topic: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...  (Read 1240448 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Shows that have you by the balls, or vag...
« Reply #12325 on: September 07, 2020, 01:02:24 PM »
It's only the first 3 episodes of s2 from what I can tell. I'm going to wait until it's all out.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: September 08, 2020, 07:46:23 AM »
We Hunt Together is fantastic. Some of you may remember me saying Patrick Mahomes was the best quarterback I've ever seen when he lost to the Cats in the Bill, I don't quite feel the exact same about Hermione Corfield but she is an absolute superstar. We'll still be talking about her in 20 years as perhaps the best British actress of her generation.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: September 08, 2020, 07:53:09 AM »
Has anyone talked about 'The Boys' on Amazon?  I'm on 3rd episode and enjoying thoroughly.

:raccoon: :raccoon: :raccoon: :raccoon:

Finished the first season over the weekend.  You guys should really start watching.  I'm not much of a superhero guy but this puts a fun twist on it.  Super hero's gone rogue.

S2 has come out and still very good.  Anyone who has Amazon should check out. :pbj:

Loved, LOVED, the first season.  I watched the first 3 episodes of the second season, and it's still very good, but a bit more setup and fluffy story stuff in the first three episodes than last season.  Still plenty of exploding heads, gore, and c-words.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: September 08, 2020, 08:41:38 AM »
it's pretty damn creepy/sick in cobra kai when daniel decides to steal johnny's son

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: September 08, 2020, 10:42:35 AM »
it's pretty damn creepy/sick in cobra kai when daniel decides to steal johnny's son

I got up to the Johnny's son having dinner at Daniels house with daughter and fam and adorable latinex Johnny student showing up at the door of Daniel's house, and I just had to turn it off.  I couldn't watch that impending pain. 

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #12330 on: September 08, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »
I'm most impressed with the lack of movement of Danielson's combover. Top notch hair spray right there.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: September 08, 2020, 02:51:33 PM »
I like High Score on Netflix. It highlights things like a ridiculous Sega Genesis video game championship set at Alcatraz and hosted by MTV. And the origins of RPGs featuring a Dungeon Master/programmer with a three foot long braided rat tail dressed in knight's armor.
I started it this weekend and I liked it as well.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: September 08, 2020, 04:27:25 PM »

I got up to the Johnny's son having dinner at Daniels house with daughter and fam and adorable latinex Johnny student showing up at the door of Daniel's house, and I just had to turn it off.  I couldn't watch that impending pain. 

the whole show is pretty vanilla...bad acting, bad writing, low budget.  similar to the mandelorian and so many of these other streaming services shows, not very good but passable as entertainment.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: September 08, 2020, 09:10:16 PM »

the whole show is pretty vanilla...bad acting, bad writing, low budget.  similar to the mandelorian and so many of these other streaming services shows, not very good but passable as entertainment.

I think the writing is good. Remember that line where Miguel is cleaning the window of Johnny's office and says 'is there any particular way you want me to wash these windows?' and Johnny is like 'nah I don't give a crap, whatever's easiest.'  That's writing gold.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12334 on: September 08, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »
ya johnny is the best part of the show and I just assumed most of his lines are ad lib.  they’re basic af and it’s not like it takes shakespeare to script up what a drunk would say to a bunch of kids

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: September 09, 2020, 09:00:09 AM »
Any Below Deck fans?  Johnny Damon is a sloppy drunk.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: September 09, 2020, 10:36:08 AM »

My god, what happened to that guy.?.  And his woman...Yikes.
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: September 09, 2020, 12:23:14 PM »

My god, what happened to that guy.?.  And his woman...Yikes.

My wife said he's been on before and was way more obnoxious in the past.

He was so wasted the entire show.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: September 09, 2020, 01:31:05 PM »
Watched the first episode of the Morning Show on Apple TV+, starring Rachel from Friends and Michael Scott from the office.  Pretty good, but basically copies the entire Matt Lauer concept in the first episode.  We'll see if they continue with the West Wing or Law and Order SVU approach of "ripped from the headlines."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: September 09, 2020, 03:40:16 PM »
Watched the first episode of the Morning Show on Apple TV+, starring Rachel from Friends and Michael Scott from the office.  Pretty good, but basically copies the entire Matt Lauer concept in the first episode.  We'll see if they continue with the West Wing or Law and Order SVU approach of "ripped from the headlines."

It's a bit of a ripoff of The Newsroom but not nearly as good. 

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: September 09, 2020, 04:47:32 PM »
I will probably give it a try.  I've been meaning to get TV+, so might as well get my money's worth when I do.

I mentioned this in the European soccer thread but I feel like it's my duty to watch a show about a Kansan set in Crystal Palace's stadium

do I need an apple device to get TV+? I don't own an apple device

I watched over half of the episodes last night.  I thought it was fun, and charming.  Sedakis does a great job, though some may not like his western accent in it. A lot of fun characters.

Ted Lasso is a delight...watched the most recent episode last night.  I've been in a pretty good place spiritually, so it has been a joy to watch.  If I were feeling cynical and resentful, I would probably have dismissed it as drivel.  This show is like the Quick Trip parking lot.  If it pisses me off, there is something wrong with my spiritual condition that I need to address.

are all the episodes out? I might get apple TV for a month to try it

There are still a couple more to go.  They drop on Friday's.  But, there's enough to sink your teeth into.  If your goal is to binge the whole thing and then cancel, best to wait a few more weeks until they all drop.

Watched all 6 episodes last night and was left wanting more. It’s a delight!

I literally just did the same thing.  It's hokey and predictable as heck, and I couldn't get enough.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: September 12, 2020, 09:45:57 AM »
I watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves on HBO MAX last night.  Very cool sci fi concept, and is well made.  I will tune in for more.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: September 12, 2020, 11:03:01 AM »
I watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves on HBO MAX last night.  Very cool sci fi concept, and is well made.  I will tune in for more.
Definitely sci fi for sci fi lovers.

I’m not huge sci fi so it doesn’t have my balls YET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12343 on: September 12, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »
The latest episode (7) of Ted Lasso was just what the doctor ordered after today’s defeat.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: September 13, 2020, 07:51:48 AM »
The latest episode (7) of Ted Lasso was just what the doctor ordered after today’s defeat.

It was terrific.  I watched it on Friday night, but I should have saved it for Saturday night.  I will do that going forward.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12345 on: September 13, 2020, 07:54:53 AM »
Definitely sci fi for sci fi lovers.

I’m not huge sci fi so it doesn’t have my balls YET

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have watched 3 episodes, and hit has me good. I'm a sci fi lover though, and a fan of some of the spiritual/theological dilemma stuff.  I am digging its implied "spirituality vs religion" vibe.  Also, badass androids and space travel always win with me.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12346 on: September 13, 2020, 12:56:04 PM »
Pete, have you ever watched the expanse?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12347 on: September 13, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »

I have, and I liked and thought it was OK, but I had read the book so it was a little annoying when they went against the book with a couple characters, and made them pretty cheesy compared to the book.  I didn't watch the second season of the expanse, because I didn't like the second book of the Expanse (stopped reading it midway through and I almost never do that).

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12348 on: September 14, 2020, 03:46:15 PM »

I have, and I liked and thought it was OK, but I had read the book so it was a little annoying when they went against the book with a couple characters, and made them pretty cheesy compared to the book.  I didn't watch the second season of the expanse, because I didn't like the second book of the Expanse (stopped reading it midway through and I almost never do that).

That's too bad, I really enjoy it.  I didn't like where the proto molecule stuff went in the beginning but it gets pretty cool about halfway through s2 (which I think is where book 3 starts?)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12349 on: September 15, 2020, 12:36:15 PM »
The Boys new season has some doozy episodes and absurdly boring episodes.  And this whole scientology thing with The Deep is odd as hell. Overall, I am enjoying it though.