Author Topic: Government Shutdown  (Read 55274 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Government Shutdown
« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
Hey guys, were any of you planning on attending tomorrow's "amnesty so we can have Obamacare, too" rally at the National Mall? Don't worry, it will NOT be impacted by the government SHUTDOWN.

Well, let's hope they get Obamacare so we can stop paying for their trips to the ER.

Right on. Then "Obamacare" will pay for it instead of us! :cheers:

And if Obamacare can pay for everyone's healthcare, can't it pony up a little more to pay off a few trillion of our debt? Come on Obamacare, don't be stingy.

No, they would be paying for it themselves or getting fined, just like us.

Right. Except for the massive subsidies being provided to purchase said policies. "Obamacare" will pay for those, though, so no worries!

At least they will pay something. How is that not better than the alternative where they just show up at the ER for "charity" care?

Unless Obamacare and legalization causes them to consume more healthcare than they already do (likely), and this then drives up premiums for everyone else, in addition to footing the bill for the subsidies. Yes, adding 15-30 million mostly poor to our already crumbling entitlement system sounds like a marvelous idea!

Well, if everyone would just follow my lead and never go to the doctor for any reason (go to the dentist and optometrist of course), then health care costs would be pretty low. I'm not going to get mad about a bunch of hard working people who contribute a great deal to our society getting a method of taking care of themselves that is affordable to them, though.

Wait, didn't you just say that the ER was even more affordable to them? As in, "free" to them? So let's please not pretend this is about affordability for the illegal immigrants. As you note, to the extent many of them purchase insurance, they may actually pay more under Obamacare. The difference is that we'll also likely pay more, through subsidies and higher premiums, than we already did under the "charity" model.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
Wait, didn't you just say that the ER was even more affordable to them? As in, "free" to them? So let's please not pretend this is about affordability for the illegal immigrants. As you note, to the extent many of them purchase insurance, they may actually pay more under Obamacare. The difference is that we'll also likely pay more, through subsidies and higher premiums, than we already did under the "charity" model.

I really doubt that. We will likely pay more due to people with preexisting conditions getting insurance, but I really don't see how forcing illegal immigrants to purchase health insurance will cause my rates to go up. How many illegal immigrants do you know who have paid sick leave?

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2013, 04:37:49 PM »

I really doubt that. We will likely pay more due to people with preexisting conditions getting insurance, but I really don't see how forcing illegal immigrants to purchase health insurance will cause my rates to go up. How many illegal immigrants do you know who have paid sick leave?

Hopefully this will landslide into making them pay taxes too...about time to dump off the freeloaders at the border or make them earn their keep.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 07, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

Hopefully this will landslide into making them pay taxes too...about time to dump off the freeloaders at the border or make them earn their keep.

Exactly, because there's every reason to believe that poor newly legalized immigrants will pay more in taxes than they would draw in entitlements, just like our currently legal citizen poor do. Good plan everyone! This just makes perfect sense.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 07, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »

Exactly, because there's every reason to believe that poor newly legalized immigrants will pay more in taxes than they would draw in entitlements, just like our currently legal citizen poor do. Good plan everyone! This just makes perfect sense.

http://business.time.com/2012/06/14/the-fiscal-fallout-of-state-immigration-laws/

It appears there is.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 07, 2013, 05:46:36 PM »

http://business.time.com/2012/06/14/the-fiscal-fallout-of-state-immigration-laws/

It appears there is.

I stopped reading when I got tho this:

.....the mother of all state immigration laws: Arizona’s SB 1070, which made it a crime to be an undocumented immigrant.....

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 07, 2013, 06:32:32 PM »

.....the mother of all state immigration laws: Arizona’s SB 1070, which made it a crime to be an undocumented immigrant.....

:D
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »

It appears there is.

Nothing but the facts from Time. Let's all just suspend common sense and believe that putting another 15-30 million poor people on welfare (or rather, even more welfare than they already receive) is a good thing for this country.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2013, 09:42:52 AM »

It appears there is.

Nothing but the facts from Time. Let's all just suspend common sense and believe that putting another 15-30 million poor people on welfare (or rather, even more welfare than they already receive) is a good thing for this country.

Obviously its not...I can't really tell what your full opinion is here sometimes...one post i'll think we're right in line and the next, it's like you went full Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)...

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2013, 10:27:58 AM »

It appears there is.

Obviously its not...I can't really tell what your full opinion is here sometimes...one post i'll think we're right in line and the next, it's like you went full Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)...

Nah just sarcasm. Nothing libtarded about me.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 08, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »
No "recreating"!!!  :shakesfist: http://www.newburyportnews.com/local/x1442580373/Gestapo-tactics-meet-senior-citizens-at-Yellowstone

Vaillancourt took part in a nine-day tour of western parks and sites along with about four dozen senior citizen tourists. One of the highlights of the tour was to be Yellowstone, where they arrived just as the shutdown went into effect.

Rangers systematically sent visitors out of the park, though some groups that had hotel reservations — such as Vaillancourt’s — were allowed to stay for two days. Those two days started out on a sour note, she said.

The bus stopped along a road when a large herd of bison passed nearby, and seniors filed out to take photos. Almost immediately, an armed ranger came by and ordered them to get back in, saying they couldn’t “recreate.” The tour guide, who had paid a $300 fee the day before to bring the group into the park, argued that the seniors weren’t “recreating,” just taking photos.

“She responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said.

The seniors quickly filed back onboard and the bus went to the Old Faithful Inn, the park’s premier lodge located adjacent to the park’s most famous site, Old Faithful geyser. That was as close as they could get to the famous site — barricades were erected around Old Faithful, and the seniors were locked inside the hotel, where armed rangers stayed at the door.

“They looked like Hulk Hogans, armed. They told us you can’t go outside,” she said. “Some of the Asians who were on the tour said, ‘Oh my God, are we under arrest?’ They felt like they were criminals.”

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 08, 2013, 01:26:25 PM »
company picnic cancelled because of the shutdown. (seriously.) Thanks, Republicans. :frown:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:55 PM »
company picnic cancelled because of the shutdown. (seriously.) Thanks, Republicans. :frown:

Details please, details.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 08, 2013, 01:42:33 PM »

Details please, details.

It was going to be in a National Park.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 08, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »

Details please, details.

How big is the company? I would probably go anyway. Just tell the park ranger you're there to exercise your first amendment right to protest the government's closure of this park as a political prop. The parks are apparently still open for all "first amendment activities." Just remember that the bathrooms will be closed, so it will strictly "bag in, bag out."

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:34 PM »

Details please, details.

How big is the company? I would probably go anyway. Just tell the park ranger you're there to exercise your first amendment right to protest the government's closure of this park as a political prop. The parks are apparently still open for all "first amendment activities." Just remember that the bathrooms will be closed, so it will strictly "bag in, bag out."

psh, i bet rusty works with a bunch of libtard obamabots (except indiana guy).

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 08, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
That would great idea if I was an obnoxious idiot

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 08, 2013, 02:08:52 PM »

Well, the House did send a bill to the senate to keep the parks open, so this one is on them. Sorry your company can't find a nice gentrified city park to use.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2013, 02:09:44 PM »
Have you tried suggesting that they go to one of the millions of parks that aren't effected by the shutdown?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 08, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »

Well, the House did send a bill to the senate to keep the parks open, so this one is on them.

LOL, this talking point is so hilarious

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 08, 2013, 02:16:03 PM »

Well, the House did send a bill to the senate to keep the parks open, so this one is on them.

I think the Dem counterargument about how "It's all the bloat, or NONE of it" is funnier. But that's just me.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 08, 2013, 02:22:56 PM »

It was a clean bill, not tied to anything. They rejected it to make the shutdown more visible so more people feel it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 08, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »

It was a clean bill, not tied to anything. They rejected it to make the shutdown more visible so more people feel it.

more people should feel it.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 08, 2013, 02:27:26 PM »

It was a clean bill, not tied to anything.

Why not craft a bill to ensure WIC is funded instead?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 08, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »

It was a clean bill, not tied to anything.

Why not craft a bill to ensure WIC is funded instead?

Isn't WIC still funded, anyway?