Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 482013 times)

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #7150 on: July 07, 2022, 11:18:59 AM »
^you are demented.

here's an interview with the surviving teacher
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/us/uvalde-teacher-survivor-arnie-reyes/index.html
That has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. 

It was a 2-for-1 Topic post

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: July 07, 2022, 11:28:25 AM »
^you are demented.

here's an interview with the surviving teacher
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/us/uvalde-teacher-survivor-arnie-reyes/index.html
That has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. 

It was a 2-for-1 Topic post

dal9, another gE poster who cannot separate the perp from the gun.

It is possible, we can talk about what drives people to commit these crimes, and we can also talk about gun control.  I am confident that the brain power of K-State alums are capable of this discussion.   :thumbsup:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: July 07, 2022, 12:25:20 PM »
quick thoughts and prayers and then let's ignore the problem...no flaws in that plan

wtf are you even talking about?  You want to continue to let the press "glamorize" this crap?

We really should just ignore it. Kind of a nothing burger really. Dog bites man, etc. let’s keep it moving, folks

Right!  Let's continue to give these ghouls prime-time status for days. That will stop the copy cats from wanting attention.

Ah ok, so the guns aren’t the problem, it’s these attention craving people just wanting their 15 minutes of fame. Got it. Just curious so that I can keep up in the future…what will be the next thing that we blame all this gun violence on instead of, you know, guns? I suppose unsecured ladders/fire escapes?

I never said guns weren't the problem.  There are an array of factors that contribute to this issue I'm sure.  The fact that you want to blame only guns shows your total stupidity.

Hi idiot. I, nor anyone, asserted it was only the guns and no other contributing factor. However, since you're really smart and already know this I'll just explain to the folks at home... The other "factors" you want to focus on are completely nebulous gray areas that are virtually impossible to effectively monitor. Guns are pretty simple.

So like sure, we could focus our efforts on mental health instead because that makes a lot of sense, a person's mental health remains pretty static and wouldn't require constant monitoring. Fantastic idea, no doubt it will work swimmingly and nobody will slip through those nets.

OR! or...
We maybe have at least a modicum of restriction on obtaining and owning a firearm rather than just handing them out for free with purchase of microwave.

After we cure the mental health problem (should be p easy) I say we then declare war on jealousy. Whatcha think perp? (Aka Mr Galaxy brain)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: July 07, 2022, 02:04:04 PM »
quick thoughts and prayers and then let's ignore the problem...no flaws in that plan

wtf are you even talking about?  You want to continue to let the press "glamorize" this crap?

We really should just ignore it. Kind of a nothing burger really. Dog bites man, etc. let’s keep it moving, folks

Right!  Let's continue to give these ghouls prime-time status for days. That will stop the copy cats from wanting attention.

Ah ok, so the guns aren’t the problem, it’s these attention craving people just wanting their 15 minutes of fame. Got it. Just curious so that I can keep up in the future…what will be the next thing that we blame all this gun violence on instead of, you know, guns? I suppose unsecured ladders/fire escapes?

I never said guns weren't the problem.  There are an array of factors that contribute to this issue I'm sure.  The fact that you want to blame only guns shows your total stupidity.

Hi idiot. I, nor anyone, asserted it was only the guns and no other contributing factor. However, since you're really smart and already know this I'll just explain to the folks at home... The other "factors" you want to focus on are completely nebulous gray areas that are virtually impossible to effectively monitor. Guns are pretty simple.

So like sure, we could focus our efforts on mental health instead because that makes a lot of sense, a person's mental health remains pretty static and wouldn't require constant monitoring. Fantastic idea, no doubt it will work swimmingly and nobody will slip through those nets.

OR! or...
We maybe have at least a modicum of restriction on obtaining and owning a firearm rather than just handing them out for free with purchase of microwave.

After we cure the mental health problem (should be p easy) I say we then declare war on jealousy. Whatcha think perp? (Aka Mr Galaxy brain)

Yes. We can BOTH prioritize mental health AND implement tougher gun laws, but only the latter will have an immediate impact on gun violence (the topic of this thread, for those who have trouble keeping up). Let's do both at the same time!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: July 07, 2022, 02:06:23 PM »
I am with dax as to mandatory drug testing as part of the background checks

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7155 on: July 07, 2022, 02:14:37 PM »
Would our mental health problems be better or worse without the easy access to marijuana? It seems you could draw a reasonable conclusion on either side of that one.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: July 07, 2022, 02:16:03 PM »
Would our mental health problems be better or worse without the easy access to marijuana? It seems you could draw a reasonable conclusion on either side of that one.

Really only one way to find out the answer.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: July 07, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
dude might have had vaping madness

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: July 07, 2022, 02:30:41 PM »

OR! or...

Yes. We can BOTH prioritize mental health AND implement tougher gun laws, but only the latter will have an immediate impact on gun violence (the topic of this thread, for those who have trouble keeping up). Let's do both at the same time!

100% agree these initiatives are not mutually exclusive and should both be implemented concurrently. Also for the life of me I cannot fathom (nor have I heard) any logical argument for why private citizens need assault rifles.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: July 07, 2022, 02:38:45 PM »
Unfortunately this is the BEST reason I’ve seen

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: July 07, 2022, 02:59:24 PM »
Someone needs to tell that rural gentleman about moats.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: July 07, 2022, 03:01:32 PM »
Also JFC how can you expect your children to survive in an area where 50 feral hogs can strike at any hour on only a few minutes’ notice?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: July 07, 2022, 03:04:43 PM »
I am happy to volunteer my time and money to help anyone who legitimately has a feral hog problem build a wrought iron fence around their yard or at least where their children play

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: July 07, 2022, 03:07:25 PM »
I want to know just how slow these hogs are that you get a few minutes' notice. Unless you are openly carrying your AR at all times in your back yard, those kids are pig food and it's all your fault.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: July 07, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »
Seems like the feral hog problem presents a huge opportunity for the ammosexuals to get their rocks/bullets off. 

Maybe a govt program that pays for their gas, or jalopy repairs, to get the right person in the right place at the right time to blast some commie pigs.  They can do that with standard hunting rifles. 

Maybe said govt program can also hand out participation medals for said hog hunts.  We can set aside areas where they can go pray before and after.  We can even cook up the hogs to feed their huge appetites.  This could be a great work program for Maga and put some of those guys back to work. 

They gain confidence by having a job again, they get to blast things, they get fed, they get their rust buckets fixed, and the feral hog pandemic of 2022 gets resolved. 

Seems as win/win as some out of breath, out of work, hungry, gas money-needing hicks can get.

Maybe this new sense of meaning will help them kick their drug problems that they are all now worried about.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: July 07, 2022, 03:12:45 PM »
I want to know just how slow these hogs are that you get a few minutes' notice. Unless you are openly carrying your AR at all times in your back yard, those kids are pig food and it's all your fault.

Feral hog warnings have improved in recent years, but even so, folks get at best a 2-5 minute advance warning. That's why I've designed the Dorothy III system. The Dorothy III is designed to be placed in the path of a charging hoard of feral hogs. Assuming correct placement, when the hoard passes over the Dorothy III, the Dorothy III deploys a payload of tiny sensors that track the movements inside of a hoard and will give us data and measurements the likes of which we've never seen inside a hoard of feral hogs. It will be a gamechanger. And it will save lives.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: July 07, 2022, 03:17:43 PM »

Feral hog warnings have improved in recent years, but even so, folks get at best a 2-5 minute advance warning. That's why I've designed the Dorothy III system. The Dorothy III is designed to be placed in the path of a charging hoard of feral hogs. Assuming correct placement, when the hoard passes over the Dorothy III, the Dorothy III deploys a payload of tiny sensors that track the movements inside of a hoard and will give us data and measurements the likes of which we've never seen inside a hoard of feral hogs. It will be a gamechanger. And it will save lives.

What a load of hogwash. Don't listen to this man.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: July 07, 2022, 03:39:02 PM »
Seems like the feral hog problem presents a huge opportunity for the ammosexuals to get their rocks/bullets off. 

Maybe a govt program that pays for their gas, or jalopy repairs, to get the right person in the right place at the right time to blast some commie pigs.  They can do that with standard hunting rifles. 

Maybe said govt program can also hand out participation medals for said hog hunts.  We can set aside areas where they can go pray before and after.  We can even cook up the hogs to feed their huge appetites.  This could be a great work program for Maga and put some of those guys back to work. 

They gain confidence by having a job again, they get to blast things, they get fed, they get their rust buckets fixed, and the feral hog pandemic of 2022 gets resolved. 

Seems as win/win as some out of breath, out of work, hungry, gas money-needing hicks can get.

Maybe this new sense of meaning will help them kick their drug problems that they are all now worried about.

pandemic is right! We are getting ravaged by ~0.5 attacks per year in the United States.

https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1150&context=icwdm_wdmconfproc

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: July 07, 2022, 03:40:59 PM »
ok i've changed my mind. Guns for everyone. I.D. and your A.R. 2 things you would be wise to have on you at all times. effin hogs, man.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: July 07, 2022, 04:08:27 PM »

What a load of hogwash. Don't listen to this man.

:alleyoop:

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7170 on: July 07, 2022, 09:18:12 PM »

Hi idiot. I, nor anyone, asserted it was only the guns and no other contributing factor. However, since you're really smart and already know this I'll just explain to the folks at home... The other "factors" you want to focus on are completely nebulous gray areas that are virtually impossible to effectively monitor. Guns are pretty simple. I'm an idiot because I think there are multiple ways to attack the issue?  Got it.  Gun control would have no 'nebulous gray areas huh? :jerk:

So like sure, we could focus our efforts on mental health instead because that makes a lot of sense, a person's mental health remains pretty static and wouldn't require constant monitoring. Fantastic idea, no doubt it will work swimmingly and nobody will slip through those nets.No one would slip thru new gun laws either?

OR! or...
We maybe have at least a modicum of restriction on obtaining and owning a firearm rather than just handing them out for free with purchase of microwave. Never said anything to refute your opinion on this.  You just want to name call apparently because YOU think you're the smart guy? lol

After we cure the mental health problem (should be p easy) I say we then declare war on jealousy. Whatcha think perp? (Aka Mr Galaxy brain) Total gibberish from a total clown

I'm all for restriction on assault rifles, raising the age limit, background checks etc etc.  That in itself will not keep this from happening but would be the fastest way to curb some of this crap, totally agree.  Will it help 100%?  Nope but that's where we can address the other areas to prevent it even more. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: July 07, 2022, 11:32:16 PM »
We have a quote function, sheesh
:adios:

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: July 08, 2022, 12:41:38 AM »
Crimo's father "has no regret" about helping son get gun:

“Do I regret that? No, not three years ago -- signing a consent form to go through the process … that’s all it was,” said Crimo, adding that he is not worried about potential legal consequences. “Had I purchased guns throughout the years and given them to him in my name, that's a different story. But he went through that whole process himself.” Crimo said his son purchased the weapons with his own money and registered them in his own name.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/h...

guy never had a chance being raised by a psycho like this

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: July 08, 2022, 07:23:58 AM »
Gun culture is an incredibly bizzare cult. The NRA and their politicians have poisoned so many brains.

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: July 08, 2022, 07:37:25 AM »
We have a quote function, sheesh
[/quot

Yeah, sorry about that. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever