Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 127373 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1626 on: November 21, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »
Activist liberal Mississippi judges!

https://mobile.twitter.com/blippoblappo/status/1064996356153057282?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1064996356153057282&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Ftwitter2.min.html%231064996356153057282

Well, not that the judge is wrong in any way (he's not: The law obviously flouts established precedent), but that particular judge is an African-American appointed by Obama.

Some great bench-slapping in the opinion, tho:

So . . . why are we here?
In that spirit, this Court concludes that the Mississippi Legislature’s professed interest in “women’s health” is pure gaslighting.
Its leaders are proud to challenge Roe but choose not to lift a finger to address the tragedies lurking on the other side of the delivery room: our alarming infant and maternal mortality rates.
No, legislation like H.B. 1510 is closer to the old Mississippi—the Mississippi bent on controlling women and minorities. The Mississippi that, just a few decades ago, barred women from serving on juries “so they may continue their service as mothers, wives, and homemakers.” State v. Hall, 187 So. 2d 861, 863 (Miss. 1966). The Mississippi that, in Fannie Lou Hamer’s reporting, sterilized six out of ten black women in Sunflower County at the local hospital—against their will. See Rickie Solinger, Wake Up Little Susie 57 (1992). And the Mississippi that, in the early 1980s, was the last State to ratify the 19th Amendment—the authority guaranteeing women the right to vote.
The Court’s frustration, in part, is that other states have already unsuccessfully litigated the same sort of ban that is before this Court and the State is aware that this type of litigation costs the taxpayers a tremendous amount of money.
No, the real reason we are here is simple. The State chose to pass a law it knew was unconstitutional to endorse a decades-long campaign, fueled by national interest groups, to ask the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade
This Court follows the commands of the Supreme Court and the dictates of the United States Constitution, rather than the disingenuous calculations of the Mississippi Legislature.
With the recent changes in the membership of the Supreme Court, it may be that the State believes divine providence covered the Capitol when it passed this legislation. Time will tell. If overturning Roe is the State’s desired result, the State will have to seek that relief from a higher court.
The fact that men, myself included, are determining how women may choose to manage their reproductive health is a sad irony not lost on the Court.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 29, 2020, 12:38:19 PM »
Who partyin’? Big victory for Planned Hamburger and all supporters of abortion rights. T’s and P’s to renocat.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 08, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
 :Ugh:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: August 02, 2022, 11:51:36 AM »
Well that part is only fair

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 12, 2023, 02:07:08 PM »
Is that not already the law?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 13, 2023, 03:22:43 AM »
Is that not already the law?
Live births during an abortion procedure are exceedingly rare, experts said, and federal law already requires that a baby who survives an attempted abortion receive emergency medical care. The new bill would clarify the standard of care to which doctors are held and lay out penalties for violators. Policy organizations supporting abortion rights said the measure was an effort to discourage women from seeking abortions and doctors from performing them.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/11/us/politics/house-passes-abortion-bill.amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: March 03, 2023, 05:11:18 AM »
I'll never understand corporations who are willing to take a public relations beating instead of getting sued. I get that generally stuff like this doesn't change consumer spending habits enough to make corporations notice but they'll lose more money from the negative media coverage of this than they would in billable hours from getting sued by Kris rough ridin' Kobach
https://twitter.com/byKateSmith/status/1631449702884311042

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: March 03, 2023, 08:33:43 AM »
This is only the beginning of the fuckery Kobach is going to unleash here. eff you Andover and Derby for putting him over the top in the election.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 08, 2023, 02:55:04 PM »
Looks like Ken wants to make 2024 elections about abortion.

https://x.com/TXAG/status/1732849898532266420?s=20

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 08, 2023, 03:35:08 PM »
This is even kind of controversial on texags
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 08, 2023, 04:44:25 PM »
This is even kind of controversial on texags

Probably bc she’s white.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 08, 2023, 04:48:19 PM »

I believe this woman probably has the resources to go out of state in the event that a Texas doctor isn’t willing to perform this medically necessary operation. But if she does stay in Texas, and she dies as a result, I think it’s perfectly fair that Ken Paxton et.al get charged with 1st degree murder, or at least manslaughter

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 08, 2023, 07:27:22 PM »

I believe this woman probably has the resources to go out of state in the event that a Texas doctor isn’t willing to perform this medically necessary operation. But if she does stay in Texas, and she dies as a result, I think it’s perfectly fair that Ken Paxton et.al get charged with 1st degree murder, or at least manslaughter
If she leaves the state to have an abortion she can be arrested when she returns to Texas. And anyone who helps her can be arrested too.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 08, 2023, 10:37:06 PM »
Lawyers for Dr. Karsan have said in legal filings that she believes her patient’s abortion is medically necessary to preserve her health and future fertility.

But in his letter, Mr. Paxton warned the order would not constrain state officials or private citizens from filing criminal or civil lawsuits against the hospital or others, such as Ms. Cox’s husband, who might help her obtain an abortion.

He reiterated that position in his filings to the Texas Supreme Court.

“Nothing will prevent enforcement of Texas’s civil and criminal penalties once the T.R.O. erroneously prohibiting enforcement is vacated,” the filings from his office read.[\QUOTE]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 08, 2023, 10:43:07 PM »
texas kinda seems like it sucks crap

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 09, 2023, 07:59:05 AM »
You have to think of the child they're saving here though.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 09, 2023, 09:36:06 AM »
Nationwide, this story is making a lot of Christian women happy as they recover from their abortions.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 09, 2023, 10:14:57 AM »
Nationwide, this story is making a lot of Christian women happy as they recover from their abortions.

They can’t wait to get home to Grapevine,TX in a couple days to celebrate this great victory for Christianity

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 09, 2023, 09:27:06 PM »
texas kinda seems like it sucks crap
Gov. Abbott seems determined to accelerate the state’s shift to purple.