Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 492239 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #7101 on: July 06, 2022, 10:18:16 AM »
here we go

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/fox-news-mass-shootings-blame-weed-tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-1378425/

They have to.  He was maga AF

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/chicago-shooting-suspect-everything-know-27399342

:lol: :lol: at being MAGA

Analysts have not been able to find a “a clear political or ideological motive” (Washington Post).

Just another #blueanon/#blueanonGe conspiracy theory. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: July 06, 2022, 10:21:10 AM »
trump flag and trump rallies tho.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: July 06, 2022, 10:22:43 AM »
I honestly doubt that now even though we are almost all more wealthy and would be more able than ever to do something to honor one of our friends that we would be able to muster it.

:dubious:

1) I just saw you in KC at the very successful event for Brady.
2) Let’s get our crap together and plan the first non-fundraising, all-pak’n FattyFest.

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: July 06, 2022, 10:25:44 AM »
The thing is, there is more to it than guns and I think a lot of people acknowledge this. It is said in different ways-- the right talks a lot about kids "not being raised right" or "schools" or "not going to church" but a large part of what many of those old enough to remember (not hucksters and media figures) are mourning is a loss of community and civic life.

One of the things that I was lucky enough to grow up around was a large community of my parent's friends that became like family as my parents did not live close to any family. They tailgated together, they had parties for each other's birthdays, they played games together. This was in addition to the myriad other connections that people forged through work, through youth and adult sports leagues run by the city, and yes through their churches. Pretty much all of those things are fundamentally broken or absent in people's lives.

People don't build any community through any of these places anymore. We are all strangers to each other-- our neighbors, our coworkers, even our friends are all increasingly mediated through layers of alienation. Once upon a time, this here blog site was able to transcend this, we started doing meetups, we lost a dear friend and we built a room dedicated in his honor in the library at our alma mater.

I honestly doubt that now even though we are almost all more wealthy and would be more able than ever to do something to honor one of our friends that we would be able to muster it. The rot is all around us and we can't quite put our finger on it or name it and we can all come up with a million other names or causes from marijuana to COVID lockdowns to mental health to Trump or whatever but it is here and when you add in the rifles and a few mags anyone that is angry and alienated can deposit their rage on strangers.

We finally have found a way to be perfectly autonomous, individuals under no obligation to anyone else.

Basically we are living in Deadwood as Ellsworth describes it:

"I may have mumped up my life flatter'n hammered crap, but I stand here before you today beholden to no human cocksucker, and holdin' a workin' fuckin' gold claim, and not the U.S. government tellin' me I'm trespassin', or the savage fuckin' red man or any of these other limber-dick cocksuckers passin' themselves off as prospectors had better try and stop me."

I think this is a big part of it.  I think there are many people who can't look past someone's opinion on an issue that doesn't match theirs without branding them with the Scarlet Letter of "The Other Side".  I know I don't agree with opinions of a lot of my friends on here.  However, I still enjoy their company and don't ostracize them because they have a different viewpoint than I do.  I don't understand why more people can't just accept that we won't all agree on issues (and don't have to) and move on to treat everyone like humans.
@mikec2w

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: July 06, 2022, 10:31:49 AM »
Well Dax, our incredibly high rate of gun ownership in the USA correlates pretty damn well with our incredibly high rate of gun deaths.

Are you arguing the US also blows other countries out of the water in marijuana use?

First of all, thank you for admitting you didn't read about the NIH research I posted. Please just stick to High Times like the rest of #blueanonGe to get all your in-depth information about the potential psychological impact of heavy cannabis use for some people. 

The U.S. has lots of guns and only a select few using them to commit crimes.  In the case of mass shootings, there is always or almost always a substantial physiological component involved.

That said, I support mandatory minimums, and the banning of certain types of weapons. Unfortunately our society has created a class of individuals that lack the psychological capacity to understand what it means to pull the trigger of a weapon.  IMO that mindset is driven by a variety of factors, including the factor of an entertainment industry that has made billions of dollars glorifying and sanitizing gun violence and imprinting on certain types of mentally challenged individuals.   

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: July 06, 2022, 10:31:53 AM »
I honestly doubt that now even though we are almost all more wealthy and would be more able than ever to do something to honor one of our friends that we would be able to muster it.

:dubious:

1) I just saw you in KC at the very successful event for Brady.
2) Let’s get our crap together and plan the first non-fundraising, all-pak’n FattyFest.
1 is a good counter point. Maybe we still have some juice.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: July 06, 2022, 10:53:48 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: July 06, 2022, 11:02:37 AM »
decent points.  I will concede this wasn't all about maga

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: July 06, 2022, 11:08:05 AM »
I've posted about 2 #blueanon whack-a-doo conspiracy theories making the rounds in the last week. #blueanonGe of course doesn't comment because it only affirms the easily manipulated minds of #blueanon (numbering in the millions).

We can now add a third, that of course is the conspiracy theory that this guy was some kind of hardcore MAGA type.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: July 06, 2022, 11:09:52 AM »
Well Dax, our incredibly high rate of gun ownership in the USA correlates pretty damn well with our incredibly high rate of gun deaths.

Are you arguing the US also blows other countries out of the water in marijuana use?

First of all, thank you for admitting you didn't read about the NIH research I posted. Please just stick to High Times like the rest of #blueanonGe to get all your in-depth information about the potential psychological impact of heavy cannabis use for some people. 

The U.S. has lots of guns and only a select few using them to commit crimes.  In the case of mass shootings, there is always or almost always a substantial physiological component involved.

The article said nothing about Americans’ use of marijuana compared to other countries’.

And no crap there’s a psychological component to mass murderers. The point is that we’re making it extremely easy for those predisposed to mass murder to get the tools they need to mass murder.

Among people begging for US gun control laws today, most would (sadly) be totally content with a mass shooting rate anywhere close to other developed nations. The psychological point is a total non sequitur in that regard.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: July 06, 2022, 11:14:32 AM »
https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-pushes-link-medication-mass-shootings-highland-park-1721631

It's almost like ppl on medication for mental illness maybe shouldn't be able to buy guns.  Wait! No!  I didn't mean that!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: July 06, 2022, 11:15:25 AM »
You aren't allowed to buy a gun if you smoke weed
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: July 06, 2022, 11:16:09 AM »

The article said nothing about Americans’ use of marijuana compared to other countries’.  I haven't even discussed the usage of marijuania in the U.S. as compared to other countries.  That has nothing to do with the research I posted.  cat talking point: Fail

And no crap there’s a psychological component to mass murderers. The point is that we’re making it extremely easy for those predisposed to mass murder to get the tools they need to mass murder.  I've already stated my support for stricter gun laws precisely for the reason you just stated.  Proving that you don't actually follow along with anything. cat talking point: Fail

Among people begging for US gun control laws today, most would (sadly) be totally content with a mass shooting rate anywhere close to other developed nations. The psychological point is a total non sequitur in that regard.  Thank you for your opinion.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: July 06, 2022, 11:17:57 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: July 06, 2022, 11:22:04 AM »
Thread

https://twitter.com/dsrwnews/status/1544335108848685057

This made me think of dax multiple times  :frown:

It immediately made me think of #blueanon/#blueanonGe.

Just in the last week:  Night of Rage-A CIA plot to make pro abortion people look bad.  #blueanoners stating that the Anti-Trans movement is manipulated by Russian Intelligence, Chinese Intelligence and Mossad to make the pro LGBTQ movement look bad.

The difference of course is that the massive number of #blueanon whack-a-doo conspiracy theories thrive right out in the open in places like Tweeter. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: July 06, 2022, 01:14:24 PM »
You attend a few maga rallies in a donald trump cape and the next thing you know...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: July 06, 2022, 01:15:34 PM »
The simple brained #blueanonGe'er:  All roads lead to Putin/MAGA

#onbrand

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: July 06, 2022, 01:19:59 PM »
The simple brained #blueanonGe'er:  All roads lead to Putin/MAGA

#onbrand

sorry bub.  You are stuck with this guy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: July 06, 2022, 01:28:08 PM »
The vacillation of the simple brained #blueanoner is a fantastic observation.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: July 06, 2022, 01:37:21 PM »
the "he wasn't maga" versus "he was suffering from reefer madness" are having a dogfight for the least credible most incel talking point.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: July 06, 2022, 01:41:43 PM »
the "he wasn't maga" versus "he was suffering from reefer madness" are having a dogfight for the least credible most incel talking point.

Starting to seem like maybe Maga has a huge drug problem   :dunno:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: July 06, 2022, 01:41:51 PM »

It hasn't been stated that he was having reefer madness, it's a theory. Smart people get this.

What's been stated by those who knew/know him is that he was not MAGA or probably even #blueanon.

The simple brained #blueanonGe'r wants to make this all about politics.  Also the same person/people drawing all of their "knowledge" about reefer madness from what reefer advocates tell them to think.  Which is also onbrand for the easily manipulated #blueanon/#blueanonGe'er