Author Topic: Another school shooting  (Read 481975 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Another school shooting
« Reply #6300 on: March 23, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
The most important thing is that there's no immediate knee jerk hyper reactionary-hyperpartisan political agendas coming into play regarding this person's motives.

Also, the word of the cops must be immediately doubted and scrutinized and then fully vetted with days upon days and millions upon millions of tweets about how the cops are actually covering for this latest guy, and probably handing notes to the defense so they can get him off on a technicality because cops, being cops are always trying to protect murderers.

Boulder cops should be forewarned that their words will be spliced, parsed and edited to fit a particular political narrative to be seized upon by the Twittersphere/headlines only crowd..

I'd be willing to bet every single dollar in the world that the words "he just had a bad day" will not come out of the mouths of any officer describing this incident. I'm also fairly certain that we won't find that the police spokesperson doesn't have a facebook post calling for a jihad.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 03:38:01 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: March 23, 2021, 02:39:03 PM »
The most important thing is that there's no immediate knee jerk hyper reactionary-hyperpartisan political agendas coming into play regarding this person's motives.

Also, the word of the cops must be immediately doubted and scrutinized and then fully vetted with days upon days and millions upon millions of tweets about how the cops are actually covering for this latest guy, and probably handing notes to the defense so they can get him off on a technicality because cops, being cops are always trying to protect murderers.

Boulder cops should be forewarned that their words will be spliced, parsed and edited to fit a particular political narrative to be seized upon by the Twittersphere/headlines only crowd..

I'd be willing to bet every single dollar in the world that the words "he just had a bad day" will come out of the mouths of any officer describing this incident. I'm also fairly certain that we won't find that the police spokesperson doesn't have a facebook post calling for a jihad.

I'm fairly certain that most people are intelligent enough to read the entirety of the transcript of press conferences and not just pick and choose certain things to be triggered over.

I've looked up and down the officers of the court listings and I'll be damned if I can find 'police spokesperson' in the judicial process of a court of law. 

« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:50:32 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: March 23, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »

I'd be willing to bet every single dollar in the world that the words "he just had a bad day" will come out of the mouths of any officer describing this incident. I'm also fairly certain that we won't find that the police spokesperson doesn't have a facebook post calling for a jihad.

I'm fairly certain that most people are intelligent enough to read the entirety of the transcript of press conferences and not just pick and choose certain things to be triggered over.

I've looked up and down the officers of the court listings and I'll be damned if I can find 'police spokesperson' in the judicial process of a court of law.

In a vacuum I did not have a problem with the spokesperson saying that because I just assumed that he was summarizing what the shooter said. Nevertheless, if you're a spox speaking about a mass shooting, your words in the first press conference post arrest should absolutely be dissected. It's literally his job to be crystal clear about what he is trying to communicate, he failed. I'll save my sympathy for the people he killed, and be grateful that he didn't carry out his plan to drive to Florida to find more totally, not at all race oriented, coincidentally asian owned spas to shoot up. Of course what's the case with you, you find some randos on the internet and get outraged about others outrage, because being mad and constantly victimized is fuel for you weirdos.

I did have a massive problem with him liking racist posts on facebook, but not surprised. Police departments are safe havens for people who think and act like you do. I'll pocket my shock and surprise for the first cop to aggressively attempt to break the thin, and white hooded, blue line.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: March 24, 2021, 07:24:53 AM »
rough ridin' dems

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: March 24, 2021, 08:32:16 AM »
I'm  :lol: at all the racism that's now partially being retracted and then reframed by #blueanon woke America.

Typical and yet still, sad.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: March 27, 2021, 01:31:45 PM »
Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Another school shooting
« Reply #6306 on: April 12, 2021, 04:12:59 PM »
:-(

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1381705810691112967

Four days ago

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: April 12, 2021, 04:34:52 PM »
Life is getting back to normal
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: May 07, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »
That’s not tactical AF

https://twitter.com/sarpy_scanner/status/1390764805678632961

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: May 07, 2021, 09:15:23 PM »
That’s not tactical AF

https://twitter.com/sarpy_scanner/status/1390764805678632961

I don't get why some dumb eff 21 yr. old man shooting himself in the shoulder has anything to do with a school shooting?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: May 07, 2021, 09:16:30 PM »
It probably belongs in the responsible gun owner respects personal property thread

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: May 11, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: October 06, 2021, 11:48:57 AM »
Fire this bad boy back up :(

4 hurt in Arlington, but at least it seems like a fight leading to gunfire (still bad!) rather than a nutcase with a manifesto?
:adios:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: October 06, 2021, 11:57:34 AM »
Fire this bad boy back up :(

4 hurt in Arlington, but at least it seems like a fight leading to gunfire (still bad!) rather than a nutcase with a manifesto?

The shooter suspect escaped and is reportedly driving a 2018 Charger. If that bad boy's a Scat Pack, he's not getting caught.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6315 on: November 30, 2021, 02:08:53 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: November 30, 2021, 02:30:26 PM »
Even with a full time officer there and still happened

https://twitter.com/k12ssdb/status/1465775622161158148

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: November 30, 2021, 02:45:46 PM »
No bueno. Also not sure why the full time police officer is even brought up (deterrent maybe?) FT police officer at MHS west and east campus and this could very easily happen there as big as both of those schools are. senseless and sad though.. middle school through high school is the most imperative time parents know what is going on in their kids lives.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: November 30, 2021, 03:01:48 PM »
Schools (middle and high schools especially) need to have mandatory therapy sessions for students.  If you can make a kid take P.E., you can make a kid take therapy once a week for 30min - 1hr.  I would hope something like this would prevent suicides, hate crimes, and mass shootings.  Needs to be normalized.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: November 30, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »
Even with a full time officer there and still happened

https://twitter.com/k12ssdb/status/1465775622161158148
Just goes to show that all teachers need to be packing as well so they can quickly organize to launch a counter offensive against armed intruders.

A local MAGA type here in Smallville was running for our school board basically based on grievance about COVID restrictions in the schools. She posted a meme about how kids had not experience a "normal" school year for like two years. How is having second graders do "intruder drills" where they prepare for an armed psychopath to come in their school and slaughter them part of our "normal."

Edit: Mass shooting survivor Taylor says what I'm trying to say:

https://twitter.com/taylorsschumann/status/1465791756356702217?s=20
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 03:22:44 PM by Sandstone Outcropping »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: November 30, 2021, 03:09:20 PM »
Schools (middle and high schools especially) need to have mandatory therapy sessions for students.  If you can make a kid take P.E., you can make a kid take therapy once a week for 30min - 1hr.  I would hope something like this would prevent suicides, hate crimes, and mass shootings.  Needs to be normalized.

The new push from conservatives for "parental control" is actually to reduce counseling services for students.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: November 30, 2021, 03:25:37 PM »

The new push from conservatives for "parental control" is actually to reduce counseling services for students.

I don't get this.  I've seen kids and adults benefit so much from counseling services.  A couple of my customers are mental health organizations, and I'm always in awe with the work they do. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: November 30, 2021, 03:28:37 PM »

I don't get this.  I've seen kids and adults benefit so much from counseling services.  A couple of my customers are mental health organizations, and I'm always in awe with the work they do.

They think it's a gateway to CRT or something.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parents-protesting-critical-race-theory-identify-new-target-mental-hea-rcna4991

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: November 30, 2021, 04:29:17 PM »

They think it's a gateway to CRT or something.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parents-protesting-critical-race-theory-identify-new-target-mental-hea-rcna4991

wtf is "going to cotillion"?

“Some of these kids, they’re just trying to get through the day, get through compacted math, get through algebra, go to cotillion on Sunday,”

also wtf in general. My mom was very anti-counseling when I was a kid, "brainwashing" which was mentioned in the article was a factor IIRC

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: November 30, 2021, 06:01:35 PM »
Social emotional learning is code for diversity equity and inclusion which is code for critical race theory which is code for

COMMUNISM!!!!!!