Author Topic: House buying/owning advice  (Read 108266 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: House buying/owning advice
« Reply #800 on: June 25, 2020, 02:22:10 PM »
Agreed. I'm the moving guy that everybody calls to help. So the only fortunate thing about it will be, everybody and their dog owes me. I've been helping her parents move out of their place in Shawnee for over the last month. They have two storage units and a new house that we've been moving all this stuff into. Craziness.
DLew has a good reference on movers from his recent endeavor
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 25, 2020, 02:26:07 PM »
for what reasons wacks?
She wants a bigger house, more west of the city. She wants another kid too. "This was never my forever home". We got a little inheritance recently, so I think she wants to put it into something for our future. We've been here for 3 years now. My student loan payments will be done in less than 2 years now and our credit is amazing. I think she sees the writing on the wall right now and wants to jump on it. I'm pretty indifferent about it, but I do like how she's trying to convince me, by trying to get a house close to a golf course.  :lol:

One of my friends wife used this same tactic to convince him to move out to falcon valley/ridge 3 years ago. I think he has played the course a total of 4 times.....When you inevitably give in to her demands and move out there make sure she knows that you are agreeing to the move on the condition that you get to play the course once a month no questions asked.
Also be sure to extend a golf invite to your good bud ben ji

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 25, 2020, 02:27:12 PM »
Both of my moms houses are on a golf course. Highly recommend.
:thumbs:
Agreed. I'm the moving guy that everybody calls to help. So the only fortunate thing about it will be, everybody and their dog owes me. I've been helping her parents move out of their place in Shawnee for over the last month. They have two storage units and a new house that we've been moving all this stuff into. Craziness.
  :Wha:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 25, 2020, 02:32:07 PM »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 25, 2020, 02:38:58 PM »
https://www.kingdommoverskc.com/

ugh, gross (I am biased against businesses using christianity as a selling point)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 25, 2020, 02:39:22 PM »

ugh, gross (I am biased against businesses using christianity as a selling point)
Chiefs Kingdom?
:adios:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 25, 2020, 02:40:38 PM »

Chiefs Kingdom?
That would be my presumption without looking at the website and solely relying on the name and the google reviews and then calling the number.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 25, 2020, 02:41:42 PM »
Nice! I'm definitely going to look into this when the time comes.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 25, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »

Chiefs Kingdom?
That would be my presumption without looking at the website and solely relying on the name and the google reviews and then calling the number.

I clicked your link!

Kansas City Moving Company

that serves God & people! Welcome to Kingdom Movers and More official web page. We have a combined 17 years experience and have built a hardworking team of guys who enjoy serving people like you! If you have any pods, storages, offices, homes etc. that needs unloading or loading we would love to serve You! We have tools, supplies, and equipment necessary for your moving needs. We here at Kingdom Movers and More are strong believers and followers of Christ and will make sure your move goes as safely and smoothly as possible. No nonsense such as smoking, drinking, profanity, disrespect or vulgar T-shirts etc... We are hardworking men who get the job done right the first time and leave you with a smile and a prayer when we're finished! Our goal is to make your moving experience fun and enjoyable. Kingdom Movers and More offers more than just moving, we are now offering our professional cleaning services as well. No matter how big or small the move is that you need, Kingdom Movers and More can facilitate your needs. We guarantee to meet or beat any reasonable offers from our competitors. Just give us a call!

:Yuck:

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:02 PM »
Huh.  I wouldn't know anything about that, Rusty. I'm under the impression that the name is solely based on the royalty motif pervasive in Kansas City, including Crown Center, the Royals, and the Chiefs "Kingdom."

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #810 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:17 PM »

Chiefs Kingdom?
Nope

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 25, 2020, 02:50:01 PM »
what am I missing here you guys

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #812 on: June 25, 2020, 02:57:11 PM »
You're missing nothing. They're marketing their faith.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 25, 2020, 02:59:33 PM »
You're missing nothing. They're marketing their faith.

No, I feel like I'm missing an inside joke with DQ and his pals!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 25, 2020, 03:00:35 PM »
 :Keke:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 25, 2020, 03:02:06 PM »
 :don'tcare:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 25, 2020, 03:12:30 PM »
ignore for Satan's Movers

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 25, 2020, 03:24:05 PM »
ok fine we'll stop joshing. here's the cliff's: it was a nightmare experience -- they were 2.5 hours late, and things got worse.  apparently they double booked their actual movers, so a ~25 year old man and his wife were the ones to move me.  kind of weird kicking your feet up and watching a lady haul crap out of my apartment, but not weird enough to stop kicking my feet up.  at one point, they asked me to help them when they tried to lower my couch down about 4 stories via a pully system (they couldn't figure out how else to get it down), but then had second thoughts because they weren't sure it was safe.  i didn't look at their website until halfway through the move to see whether they actually professed to be professional movers, which is when I noticed "OH, THAT'S what kingdom stands for." 

on the bright side, they agreed to fix the hole they put in the wall of my old apartment, and we all shared a nice prayer in our dining room after the move was completed roughly 5 hours after it was scheduled to begin (i had very little to move).  they asked me to write them a good review and i politely declined.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 25, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #819 on: June 25, 2020, 03:49:38 PM »
Holy crap

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 25, 2020, 04:21:19 PM »
ok fine we'll stop joshing. here's the cliff's: it was a nightmare experience -- they were 2.5 hours late, and things got worse.  apparently they double booked their actual movers, so a ~25 year old man and his wife were the ones to move me.  kind of weird kicking your feet up and watching a lady haul crap out of my apartment, but not weird enough to stop kicking my feet up.  at one point, they asked me to help them when they tried to lower my couch down about 4 stories via a pully system (they couldn't figure out how else to get it down), but then had second thoughts because they weren't sure it was safe.  i didn't look at their website until halfway through the move to see whether they actually professed to be professional movers, which is when I noticed "OH, THAT'S what kingdom stands for." 

on the bright side, they agreed to fix the hole they put in the wall of my old apartment, and we all shared a nice prayer in our dining room after the move was completed roughly 5 hours after it was scheduled to begin (i had very little to move).  they asked me to write them a good review and i politely declined.

why in the wide world of sports would you recommend these heathens to our friend wackycat?

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 25, 2020, 05:12:06 PM »
I once had a plumber fix a slab leak. When he was done telling me it was fixed he said “now here’s the real good news” and pulled out a fake dollar bill with bible verses that said it was currency to get into heaven. He gave me a 15 second spiel about Jesus and left. It was nice it was only 15 seconds and when he was done he just thanked me for my business & asked for a good review, but it was weird as hell too.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 26, 2020, 07:15:42 AM »
I hired some guy to power wash and stain my deck. His employees appeared to be mostly meth addicts but who am I to judge, they did a bang up job. Checked him out on Facebook after hiring him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 26, 2020, 07:28:19 AM »
lmfao

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 26, 2020, 08:40:04 AM »
I hired some guy to power wash and stain my deck. His employees appeared to be mostly meth addicts but who am I to judge, they did a bang up job. Checked him out on Facebook after hiring him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: