Author Topic: so is arkansas going to beat the crap out of us?  (Read 22819 times)

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: so is arkansas going to beat the crap out of us?
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2011, 12:50:56 AM »
There's no real argument against beating 3/5 BCS conference champions.. sucks right? Especially seeing how the BIG 12's toughest OOC games was us.

Good Game.

No it doesn't suck. Just because LSU beat WVU and Oregon, that does not make the SEC better than the entire Big East or Pac 12. Just because SC beat Clemson does not make the entire SEC better than the entire ACC.

I mean, if you want to play that game, then K-State beat Baylor who beat the MWC champion, who beat Boise, who beat Georgia (zomg, a powerhouse from this supposed impregnable league)

K-State must be better than the entire SEC East? Right?

Wrong.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2011, 12:51:06 AM »
I just got on here to see what the hooplah was all about. Seems like the normal stuff.. We are better than you.. our conference is better.. (fill in some sort of derogatory remark that make no sense), defensive remarks when no valid argument comes to mind. We do the same thing on our boards.. you are welcome any time.

You missed all the good stuff. It was yesterday  :embarrassed:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
There's no real argument against beating 3/5 BCS conference champions.. sucks right? Especially seeing how the BIG 12's toughest OOC games was us.

Good Game.

No it doesn't suck. Just because LSU beat WVU and Oregon, that does not make the SEC better than the entire Big East or Pac 12. Just because SC beat Clemson does not make the entire SEC better than the entire ACC.

I mean, if you want to play that game, then K-State beat Baylor who beat the MWC champion, who beat Boise, who beat Georgia (zomg, a powerhouse from this supposed impregnable league)

Wrong.

When you're comparing head to head matchups, then they are relevant.

Quit with the 6 degrees of separation BS. Makes you look foolish.

You brought it on. Just because LSU beat Oregon and then cleaned house on a bunch of 6-6 teams in the SEC does not make the SEC better than the PAC 12. It doesn't.

Offline theymightbegiants

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2011, 01:08:17 AM »

Good Game.

Wrong.

You brought it on. Just because LSU beat Oregon and then cleaned house on a bunch of 6-6 teams in the SEC does not make the SEC better than the PAC 12. It doesn't.

Do you know the difference between head to head matchups and a team beating a team that beat another team that beat another team....? Or are they the same to you?

When teams from 1 conference beat the conference champions of 3 others then that makes a pretty damn good statement.

Since there can be no clear cut way to crown a NC (in your eyes) then why play the games at all? This is getting rather redundant.
Big 12 will have 3 conference champions playing in it next year??? How many SEC teams did not make bowl games?
"I feel safe in white because, deep down inside, I'm an angel"-Puff Daddy

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2011, 01:09:23 AM »

Good Game.

Wrong.

Do you know the difference between head to head matchups and a team beating a team that beat another team that beat another team....? Or are they the same to you?

When teams from 1 conference beat the conference champions of 3 others then that makes a pretty damn good statement.

Since there can be no clear cut way to crown a NC (in your eyes) then why play the games at all? This is getting rather redundant.

Makes a decent case for that team I guess. Not the conference. There is no way to crown a true national champion with out a playoff. Basically there has never been a national champion in college football. I mean JFC, some years you have like 2 or 3 schools claiming a title? What a joke.

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:51 AM »

Good Game.

Wrong.

Big 12 will have 3 conference champions playing in it next year??? How many SEC teams did not make bowl games?

3. 2 by 1 loss. I know the Big Whatever got all but one. Congrats. You could also chalk that up to the quality of OOC opponents or the lack of a full conference. Pick your poison.

You do realize the Big 12 plays 1 more conference game now then we did all other years... right?

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2011, 01:17:44 AM »

Good Game.

Wrong.

3. 2 by 1 loss. I know the Big Whatever got all but one. Congrats. You could also chalk that up to the quality of OOC opponents or the lack of a full conference. Pick your poison.
I'll help you it was actually 2 Big whatever teams that didn't make it to a bowl. One of those was Tech who beat OU at OU. Wonder who OU played the next week that would allow them to overlook an opponent in a conference with the type of Offensives the Big 12 brings.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »
Everybody knows the top 2 SEC teams are better than the top 2 Big 12 teams.

Beyond that it's pretty even, except the Big 12 has fewer absolutely terrible teams like UK, Tennessee and Ole Miss.  Not an incredibly difficult concept here, folks.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline bigwillie20

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • #FYJC #burnitdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2011, 01:20:56 AM »

Beyond that it's pretty even, except the Big 12 has fewer absolutely terrible teams like UK, Tennessee and Ole Miss.  Not an incredibly difficult concept here, folks.

I mean KU goes 6-6 in the SEC amirite  :dunno:

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2011, 01:28:17 AM »

Beyond that it's pretty even, except the Big 12 has fewer absolutely terrible teams like UK, Tennessee and Ole Miss.  Not an incredibly difficult concept here, folks.

You have 1 5-7 team. We have 2 5-7 teams.
We both had a shitty 2-10 team.
We have 9 bowl teams. You have 8.
We have 12 team conference. You have 10.
Yes they look similar. But since rankings and quality of opponents don't matter, we'll have to cut it at that.  :D
So the SEC isn't completely dominate??? wait what :horrorsurprise:

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2011, 01:32:29 AM »

Beyond that it's pretty even, except the Big 12 has fewer absolutely terrible teams like UK, Tennessee and Ole Miss.  Not an incredibly difficult concept here, folks.

Yes they look similar.
:zzz:

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2011, 01:36:19 AM »

Yes they look similar.
:zzz:

Nice selective reasoning there.
It's late and I'm half tuck myself...glad some of you stuck around

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2011, 01:49:19 AM »

But since rankings and quality of OOC opponents don't matter, we'll have to cut it at that.  :D
And since the extra OOC game that allows for teams like Tennessees and Ole Misses to beat up on the Elons, Armies and Southern Illinois of the world to inflate their record.

Like I said, SEC is very strong at the top.  Beyond that, the conference strength is pretty close.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:51:51 AM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2011, 01:58:09 AM »
Overall the SEC and Big 12 are fairly equal this year. SEC has a higher ceiling, but a lower basement. I admit LSU is the best team in the country, hell, if I had a vote I'd probably vote them #1 even if they lose. They went through there conference undefeated and they not only played, but handled Oregon and WVU. Alabama is pretty damn good too (though I don't believe any team that doesn't win its conference should play for the title, didn't agree when OU did and don't agree now). Outside of those two (who pretty much rolled the rest of the SEC) the OOC's look pretty similar. SEC's best wins where UGA over GT and SC over Clemson Big 12's best where OU over Florida St. and Baylor over TCU. Putting Bama and LSU back into the equation the SEC was 8-4 vs other BCS league teams, Big 12 was 6-3. Average wins of FBS opponents of the SEC=just over 5, average wins of the Big12's=just over 6. The only head to head matchup was you guys over A&M by 4. The same A&M we beat by 3 and finished 7th in the Big12 so  :dunno: seems pretty similar to me.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2011, 02:03:56 AM »
Logic says Arkansa by 1, but home field advantage to the 'cats makes it K-State by 2.  :lynchmob: