Author Topic: Arkansas Coaches  (Read 2065 times)

Offline idontgiveAdam_713

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Arkansas Coaches
« on: December 06, 2011, 08:05:37 PM »
Not that we are incredibly worried, but we have lost our O coach our D coach and ST coaches in the past two days.   Could give you guys an advantage.   General sentiment in AR is that this will be a good game.   You have some dumbass fans that think we will wipe the table with you guys, but most of us that actually watch football think that it will be a game.  How long has you guys coach been back?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Arkansas Coaches
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
this is snyder's 3rd year back at K-State

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 08:07:06 PM »
Not that we are incredibly worried, but we have lost our O coach our D coach and ST coaches in the past two days.   Could give you guys an advantage.   General sentiment in AR is that this will be a good game.   You have some dumbass fans that think we will wipe the table with you guys, but most of us that actually watch football think that it will be a game.  How long has you guys coach been back?

Three years.

And we wish our OC, DC, and ST coach would leave in the span of two hours, so I'm insanely jealous of you right now.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »

Three years.

And we wish our OC, DC, and ST coach would leave in the span of two hours, so I'm insanely jealous of you right now.

Can you rough ridin' imagine?

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »

Three years.

DC was fired, and the other two took head coaching jobs.   We have Paul Petrino back as OC so you shouldn't see much difference besides better route running on O, but D and ST are always a toss up for us.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:43 PM »
Not that we are incredibly worried, but we have lost our O coach our D coach and ST coaches in the past two days.   Could give you guys an advantage.   General sentiment in AR is that this will be a good game.   You have some dumbass fans that think we will wipe the table with you guys, but most of us that actually watch football think that it will be a game.  How long has you guys coach been back?

Three years.

no i can't.  because i love what sean has done with ST and all the SS haters can suck it.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 08:14:40 PM »
It can't be good to lose 3 coaches this time of year, even if they aren't the greatest.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 08:21:07 PM »

Three years.

I mean, oh my God.  It would be fantastic.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 08:21:56 PM »
Not that we are incredibly worried, but we have lost our O coach our D coach and ST coaches in the past two days.   Could give you guys an advantage.   General sentiment in AR is that this will be a good game.   You have some dumbass fans that think we will wipe the table with you guys, but most of us that actually watch football think that it will be a game.  How long has you guys coach been back?

Three years.

no i can't.  because i love what sean has done with ST and all the SS haters can suck it.

ST were really good by the end of the year.

But I'll never love him.  Never.

Offline Boakai

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 08:26:25 PM »

Three years.

DC was fired, and the other two took head coaching jobs.   We have Paul Petrino back as OC so you shouldn't see much difference besides better route running on O, but D and ST are always a toss up for us.

lol...yeah right. like this ever actually happens.....haha...ha....ughhhhh.  :frown:

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »

Three years.

lol...yeah right. like this ever actually happens.....haha...ha....ughhhhh.  :frown:

So from the sounds of it you guys hate your DC?

Is your handle Japanese?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
So from the sounds of it you guys hate your DC?

Is your handle Japanese?

Last year we gave up nearly 6 yards a carry. It was ridiculous. This year the improvement against the run has been substantial, less than 4 YPC, but the defense overall has still been below average.

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
So what is the story on Snyder coming back?  I have heard lots of good things about the guy, and he has done alot with the team.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »
So what is the story on Snyder coming back?  I have heard lots of good things about the guy, and he has done alot with the team.

His return had a pretty mixed response. Fans who had been around forever thought he could do no wrong and were glad to have him back, but others weren't so sure about an almost 70 year old being HC. Also, in his final 2 years K-State finished under .500and the Big 12 was pretty bad. Plus Snyder didn't exactly bring a great coaching staff, many were the same guys from his last two poor seasons. The first 2 seasons back were average, finishing .500ish and making a bowl game last year. This year most expected a 6/7 win season and he and his staff surprised us all. He proved he can still do some things and really made the most of the talent he has on the roster.

Offline purplenutz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 09:14:50 PM »

By and large . . . at this particular point in time . . . I'm pleased with the progress that he's made . . . he gets a little bit better everyday . . . our youngsters have responded  . . . to how much? Time will tell :thumbsup:

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »

You can make an argument that he's one of the greatest college football coaches of all time...and some very respectable pundits have done just that. He has 2 major flaws (and they're pretty big rough ridin' flaws).

1.  He's loyal to a fault...a really big fault.  He's never fired an assistant coach...EVER!  And he's had some really bad assistant coaches that deserved to be fired midseason.  In fact, our DC right now is a perfect example.

2.  He's an absolute workaholic and demands insane hours from his assistant coaches.  That may sound great, but he can't get any hot young recruiters or really good young assistants to come work for him anymore because he works them to death.  They just don't want to put in the hours he demands of them so they either don't come at all, or leave the first chance they get.

So the result is a staff of really old guys that he's worked with forever and will never fire.  And we have to rely on "diamonds in the rough" and "coach 'em up" because we don't have any great recruiters. It's an absolute recipe for disaster...which makes this second "turnaround" nothing short of a miracle.  Those of us that had reasonable expectations going into the season are still in some sort of prolonged shock.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline Ralphieboy

• Sons of the Soil
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »
It can't be good to lose 3 coaches this time of year, even if they aren't the greatest.

The "O" coach/Quarterbacks Coach, Garret McGee, will be missed.  He was the best of the staff and excellent at QB development.

Offline DOOM_Catz

• Combo-Fan
  • EMAW said we ain't losin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 11:38:44 PM »

Three years.

Petrino.... has he stopped letting little boys get touched in locker rooms yet?  :nono:
“I'm grossly overpaid for what I do." - LHC Bill Snyder, April 17th, 2013