• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #2825 on: November 07, 2019, 10:34:38 PM »
Man I was pretty faced last night.
@michigancat

Choo choo has removed it from the record. I will respect his privacy. If he wants to tell you, he can.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: November 07, 2019, 10:40:21 PM »
Well played, spracs. You’ve always been my favorite hawk for a reason and my wife doesn’t even mind it. ;)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: November 07, 2019, 10:53:00 PM »
Well played, spracs. You’ve always been my favorite hawk for a reason and my wife doesn’t even mind it. ;)
Two days ago, I was abruptly informed I needed to be in the federal court in Kansas City for an emergency hearing today! Quite unusual, given economics. It ended up getting cancelled, but if the siren's song ever brings me that way for real we should get TBT-level drunk.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: November 08, 2019, 07:00:21 AM »
i have a travel/mostly remote job with very few in-office expectations and i don't know that i'll ever be able to go back
I’ve only been remote for 5 months, but they are going to have to pry it from my cold dead hands
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: November 08, 2019, 09:37:29 AM »
Two days ago, I was abruptly informed I needed to be in the federal court in Kansas City for an emergency hearing today! Quite unusual, given economics. It ended up getting cancelled, but if the siren's song ever brings me that way for real we should get TBT-level drunk.
Yes please!

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: November 12, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »
Just made a pot of coffee if you want to know how work is going.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: November 12, 2019, 02:19:14 AM »
Just made a pot of coffee if you want to know how work is going.

Yep. Still working.  :chainsaw:
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 11, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »
I'll be working from home full time due to COVID19.  :Woot:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 11, 2020, 03:59:30 PM »
I'll be working from home full time due to COVID19.  :Woot:
NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 11, 2020, 07:53:42 PM »
I'm also thinking that this is a good opportunity never to go back.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: March 11, 2020, 09:31:04 PM »
You shut your mouth, buy some Purell and get back in that office

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: March 11, 2020, 10:35:08 PM »
Season 3- Off-Site Coronas

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: March 15, 2020, 11:45:25 AM »
Accepted a new job on Friday afternoon, an hour after the governor of Iowa announced we don't have community spread, 36 hours later, first case of community spread and of course it's in the Des Moines area. Good thing I didn't turn in a letter of resignation, yet.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: March 15, 2020, 11:52:17 AM »
Accepted a new job on Friday afternoon, an hour after the governor of Iowa announced we don't have community spread, 36 hours later, first case of community spread and of course it's in the Des Moines area. Good thing I didn't turn in a letter of resignation, yet.

Like the new job will rescind or what?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: March 15, 2020, 05:52:48 PM »

I'm curious about this, too. Will check back at 3 A.M. to find out.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: March 15, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »

Been thinking about job searching since late last year. The best time to move on would be May. I think I will be sticking around.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: March 15, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »

Heh

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: March 16, 2020, 02:59:17 AM »

:ROFL: 2:56AM to be precise.
I am concerned about the offer being rescinded. The job is essentially monitoring a state funded program in roughly a dozen secondary schools statewide. With school possibly being done for the rest of the year, I don't know what is going to happen. In addition to this, the timing of leaving my current job any later than mid-April accounts to a death sentence and would flush nearly a decade of work down the toilet. Having to cancel summer camp on account of the rona may, ironically enough, actually help me personally.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: March 16, 2020, 03:01:49 AM »

:ROFL: 2:56AM to be precise.
I am concerned about the offer being rescinded. The job is essentially monitoring a state funded program in roughly a dozen secondary schools statewide. With school possibly being done for the rest of the year, I don't know what is going to happen. In addition to this, the timing of leaving my current job any later than mid-April accounts to a death sentence and would flush nearly a decade of work down the toilet. Having to cancel summer camp on account of the rona may, ironically enough, actually help me personally.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: March 17, 2020, 11:46:18 AM »
I feel for you, tough choice there. Is your camp going to do any goofy digital camp stuff? Could be fun to set some of that stuff up. Campfire stories etc.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: March 17, 2020, 02:06:19 PM »
No plans for that now. Our program is almost wholly outdoor based, sans technology so it might be weird for them to do. We have the bandwidth to do whatever they want though.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: March 20, 2020, 01:04:44 PM »
Wanna see some business owner email content that I should NOT have been copied on?

This shows just how out of touch Washington is with Small business - once again. This could easily put us out of business. If I recall we may get a full tax credit sometimes in 2021- it will all be over well before then. It seems to me that I’d be better if closing all my stores and warehouse now - and push all to unemployment- thus avoiding the above penalties for those that fall into the above as the virus progresses.

Can we have a call tomorrow to confirm or deny my fears?? It is possible I could be completely wrong on this- I hope so!

Please advise.

Can we talk at 9:30 tomorrow?

On Average - $12 per hour/8 hrs per day- 10 days- 275 employees= $264k? Possible exposure ?! Hopefully I’m way over calculating...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: March 21, 2020, 07:03:43 PM »
Forgot to update here, I was finally given a contract and signed it. I have one month left as a camp director, on to the next. 20 years, Damn.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: March 21, 2020, 07:16:09 PM »
Congrats and good luck! Apologies if I missed it but what industry?  Same location?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: March 21, 2020, 08:12:48 PM »
Staying locally, actually moving to Des Moines. I'm working in education, for a partially government funded partially privately funded program focused on secondary school retention. I'll be supervising programs in 15 schools, statewide.