Author Topic: jobs  (Read 279312 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #3325 on: August 09, 2023, 09:27:16 PM »
Everything I receive that ships via FedEx is actually delivered by the post office

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: August 10, 2023, 03:07:07 AM »
I had a medication that was fulfilled by a specialty pharmacy and shipped via FedEx. They usually arrived a day or two late.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: August 10, 2023, 06:36:57 AM »
I had a medication that was fulfilled by a specialty pharmacy and shipped via FedEx. They usually arrived a day or two late.
That’s like the greatest performance in the history of fedex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Purple Derpathy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: August 10, 2023, 09:35:09 AM »
There's a big difference between FedEx Ground and FedEx Express. Express is similar to UPS in many respects.  That said, they integrating the Express and Ground lines and that will likely result in a drop of service......

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 04, 2023, 09:24:40 AM »

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3330 on: October 04, 2023, 10:09:43 AM »
This is pretty clever

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8MWFJYb/

This may be for the old man thread, but I think this is the first time I've been to tiktok. Do they always have two videos going at the same time? Like, I saw and heard the guy screaming about circuit city and twitter, but right next to it was also a video of DIY type "hacks" that completely distracted me from what this guy was yelling about.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: October 04, 2023, 10:31:49 AM »
This is pretty clever

This may be for the old man thread, but I think this is the first time I've been to tiktok. Do they always have two videos going at the same time? Like, I saw and heard the guy screaming about circuit city and twitter, but right next to it was also a video of DIY type "hacks" that completely distracted me from what this guy was yelling about.

Not usually. But the rationale is that you'll get less bored and tempted to swipe away if you have more stimulation. More to do than just listen to one person talk. I'm guessing that it's a highly effective tactic.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 04, 2023, 10:38:37 AM »
This is pretty clever

Not usually. But the rationale is that you'll get less bored and tempted to swipe away if you have more stimulation. More to do than just listen to one person talk. I'm guessing that it's a highly effective tactic.

Gotcha. This crap is totally going to be cigarettes to a generation or two down the line. man. also  :cyclist:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: October 04, 2023, 11:00:38 AM »
This is pretty clever

I saw somewhere it's also a way to get around copyright issues, it makes it harder to identify and take down a video. I think I saw this in reference to movie clips split with Subway surfers or something

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 04, 2023, 11:29:31 AM »
michigancat is a JRE listener, confirmed.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 04, 2023, 11:41:17 AM »
This is pretty clever

I saw somewhere it's also a way to get around copyright issues, it makes it harder to identify and take down a video. I think I saw this in reference to movie clips split with Subway surfers or something

this makes me feel better than, "our analysis discovered that people can't even watch a 12 second video without getting distracted anymore so we need to add another video to keep them engaged so we can send them more ads".

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 04, 2023, 11:48:18 AM »
this makes me feel better than, "our analysis discovered that people can't even watch a 12 second video without getting distracted anymore so we need to add another video to keep them engaged so we can send them more ads".

Another perspective is that people have always done more than one thing at a time. The only difference here is that two of the things a person is doing at the same time are on the same screen.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 04, 2023, 11:59:02 AM »
This is pretty clever

I appreciated the DIY hacks, because I saw the standalone video like 1,000 internet years ago, you old man. Almost certain it was posted on this very blog.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: October 04, 2023, 12:03:32 PM »
This is pretty clever

I appreciated the DIY hacks, because I saw the standalone video like 1,000 internet years ago, you old man. Almost certain it was posted on this very blog.

There's a decent chance I was the one who posted it and then completely forgot I ever saw it.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 04, 2023, 12:20:31 PM »
I'm bad with names but remember faces. I could never forget that huge-headed neard.