Author Topic: jobs  (Read 279552 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: jobs
« Reply #1925 on: March 24, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »
End of an era for me. I have zero explanation for anything that happened over the past three and a half years.

You ate that chili didn't you
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 24, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »
Huh? What happened?

I had this unbelievably crazy job and that is over now.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 24, 2017, 03:59:28 PM »
 :lol:

I already know that I don't want to work there. And that they won't fire me. And I don't mind not being completely honest with clients. I just can't determine if I'd be sticking my nose into her scheme or doing something she'd appreciate.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 24, 2017, 04:04:22 PM »

UPDATE!!! My coworker/"boss" sent me an email to proceed with the report she wants even after the client specifically requested more! She didn't mention the client email at all. So, I guess it is her intention to be shady and I'll just give her what she's asking for. Whatever.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
:users:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 24, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »
 :love:

I work with so many crazy people that I never even know where to begin in the co-worker thread.

When I first met the guy who got fired, though, he was standing at his desk chugging water straight out of a gallon sized milk carton. Like, he just held it in one hand like it was a coffee mug. He was basically a body builder. Big muscles. He put the water down on his desk, said "wusup", shook hands, and then went directly back to chugging.

The second time I saw him was on Friday of that week. He was out in back of the building, standing behind this enormous grill loaded with burgers and brats and dancing to whatever music he had on. He was occasionally calling for someone to throw a football to him and then he'd throw it back really high and far. He was wearing shorts and flip-flops and these gigantic sunglass that weren't ski goggles, but the lens in them was like the size of the lens in ski goggles. I later learned that they were several hundred dollars and Italian.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 24, 2017, 04:11:55 PM »

He was like 27 and dating an older woman. A woman who is like seventeen years his senior. A woman who also happened to work in our office.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 24, 2017, 04:12:57 PM »
this place sounds interesting af

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 24, 2017, 04:16:22 PM »
What ended this magical partnership? Did you finally take the sys challenge?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 24, 2017, 04:22:16 PM »
What ended this magical partnership? Did you finally take the sys challenge?

I finally landed a good job!

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: March 24, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »
Well that's disappointing

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 24, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »
My company once fired someone with cause. That person hired a lawyer. My company opted to let them come back to work rather than fight it. That person has been back at work for like two years.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 24, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
Huh? What happened?

I had this unbelievably crazy job and that is over now.
Well I hope you find a less crazy job, friend. Sending good vibes your way.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 24, 2017, 04:29:02 PM »
So, yeah just chatting with a dude and he shares with me that he drove twelve rough ridin' hours to New rough ridin' Orleans just to see, GET THIS, Widespread rough ridin' Panic.  AAAAND he had never even them or really even heard of them before!  He was just like, "Yeah, they were pretty good."  WHAT. IN. THE. eff!?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 24, 2017, 04:36:45 PM »
Halloween costume day! This may be the nerdiest costume I've ever seen. This guy has a shark's head coming out of the front of his shirt with fake blood and all and he has a toy chainsaw as a prop. Sharknado, right? But GET THIS. He also has, hanging from around his neck, a photo of himself talking to Ian Ziering at a comic book convention in front of a Sharknado backdrop. Haha.

The photo is terrible, too, because he didn't buy the official $100 promo photo, but had someone else take it from a distance on their phone. You can't even see his face in it - just the back of his head.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 24, 2017, 04:38:51 PM »
that one was one of my faves

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 24, 2017, 04:39:10 PM »

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 24, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
Halloween costume day! This may be the nerdiest costume I've ever seen. This guy has a shark's head coming out of the front of his shirt with fake blood and all and he has a toy chainsaw as a prop. Sharknado, right? But GET THIS. He also has, hanging from around his neck, a photo of himself talking to Ian Ziering at a comic book convention in front of a Sharknado backdrop. Haha.

The photo is terrible, too, because he didn't buy the official $100 promo photo, but had someone else take it from a distance on their phone. You can't even see his face in it - just the back of his head.

holy crap these are amaze  :love: 

DO NOT LEAVE THIS PLACE! 

wait, can sdk replace you?

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:54 PM »
Sounds like you worked with some really interesting people, chum.  I hope your new gig isn't full of boring normal people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 27, 2017, 07:42:20 PM »
I just got off the phone with my uncle. He's going to email some literature as pre training. Then send some leads my way to get my feet wet over the summer. I have the option to work remotely, but I said I'd rather move to Denver and get some more intensive training so that I could have a great chance to succeed and be a greater asset to the company. They are expanding within the next few months and may be looking to open offices in different cities. I told him that we would keep in contact and that I would start saving money for the move.

He closed off the conversation, as he should, by asking me about how my substance abuse issues are going. I let him know that I would not be moving out to Denver if I did not have a firm grasp on them. He let me know that as long as I am committed to working hard he would be committed to me.

In short, the job would fit very well with my skill set, and it is mine if I want it down the road (this summer or whenever) but I need to make sure that I have a solid grasp on sobriety and good contacts in the Denver area before I go.

This is great news guys and makes SdK very happy. SdK enjoys sobriety very much and looks forward to his future.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 27, 2017, 07:58:36 PM »

omg

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 27, 2017, 09:30:45 PM »
I just got off the phone with my uncle. He's going to email some literature as pre training. Then send some leads my way to get my feet wet over the summer. I have the option to work remotely, but I said I'd rather move to Denver and get some more intensive training so that I could have a great chance to succeed and be a greater asset to the company. They are expanding within the next few months and may be looking to open offices in different cities. I told him that we would keep in contact and that I would start saving money for the move.

He closed off the conversation, as he should, by asking me about how my substance abuse issues are going. I let him know that I would not be moving out to Denver if I did not have a firm grasp on them. He let me know that as long as I am committed to working hard he would be committed to me.

In short, the job would fit very well with my skill set, and it is mine if I want it down the road (this summer or whenever) but I need to make sure that I have a solid grasp on sobriety and good contacts in the Denver area before I go.

This is great news guys and makes SdK very happy. SdK enjoys sobriety very much and looks forward to his future.
Congrats, SdK. Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 27, 2017, 09:39:29 PM »
Thank you. It feels great to not feel so pigeon holed by my choices in life. I'm very appreciative of him letting me work remotely while I save money.

It's a huge risk for him, not just with me but with any new guy, financially. Time he takes away from his duties to train takes 4k out of his pocket a month.

I enjoy pressure and competition.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
jobs
« Reply #1948 on: March 27, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »
:thumbs:

be sure to be in a good place sobriety/support wise, as you seem to clearly know, before thinking this will resolve it

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 27, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »
My first goal will be to see if Schultz is interested. My uncle's company doesn't need the business, but it'd be a great way to get my feet wet and be a liaison. No pressure on my BIL, but it'd be nice to have that as my first customer. Both companies would benefit greatly. Oh and it'd help me out a ton. :D