Author Topic: Coworker quotes  (Read 68609 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Coworker quotes
« Reply #525 on: June 30, 2015, 01:28:15 PM »
i like thinking about dinosaur movies as a genre

can you name them all?
jp
jp2
jp3
jw
carnosaur
carnosaur2
land before time
the one with the pet trex
the land that time forgot
possibly king kong
a percentage of gozillas
journey to the center of the earth
Tremors and sequels

Kung Fury
Walking with Dinosaurs
Super Mario Bros

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 30, 2015, 01:47:24 PM »
graboids arent dinosaurs

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 30, 2015, 01:50:55 PM »
graboids arent dinosaurs

Shriekers kind of look like tiny dinosaurs, but I agree.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 02, 2015, 03:30:05 AM »
One of the benefits of being a felon...don't have to vote don't have to jury duty.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 20, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
You know how those emails from IT tickets say to 'let us know if you feel your issue hasn't been resolved'? That's so insulting to say "feel" instead of "think". As if we aren't smart enough to think. Absolutely insulting.

The Big Train

« Reply #530 on: August 20, 2015, 10:03:05 AM »
users dont get it

Online WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 21, 2015, 09:03:30 AM »
You know how those emails from IT tickets say to 'let us know if you feel your issue hasn't been resolved'? That's so insulting to say "feel" instead of "think". As if we aren't smart enough to think. Absolutely insulting.

:love:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 21, 2015, 09:14:32 AM »

:love:

Sounds more to me like IT knows it is resolved but if the user feels (or thinks) it is not resolved then they can call in and IT will explain to them in a condescending tone how it is already resolved.

The Big Train

« Reply #533 on: August 21, 2015, 10:04:42 AM »

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 21, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »
i like thinking about dinosaur movies as a genre

can you name them all?
jp
jp2
jp3
jw
carnosaur
carnosaur2
land before time
the one with the pet trex
the land that time forgot
possibly king kong
a percentage of gozillas
journey to the center of the earth
Tremors and sequels

Kung Fury
Walking with Dinosaurs
Super Mario Bros

the best dinosaur fight of all time is in king kong

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 21, 2015, 12:54:55 PM »
Sounds more to me like IT knows it is resolved but if the user feels (or thinks) it is not resolved then they can call in and IT will explain to them in a condescending tone how it is already resolved.

exactly.  the coworker is right to feel insulted, but mistaken in the way they've been insulted.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 21, 2015, 03:18:41 PM »

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »
A senior manager and BFF of company owner asked me for a report to send to a client. I only had partial info, so I asked for clarification on the additional info from her. The info I got was completely unhelpful. And I independently discovered that supplying a thorough report is something she may not want to do. So, here's the thing. I don't know if she is intentionally trying to obfuscate the truth or she just isn't aware of a mistake made by someone else in my company. Like, it really could be either scenario and I have no idea which it is. If she isn't aware of the mistake, she would want know about it. On the other hand, if she's trying her damnedest to cover up something, I don't want to press her on it and get involved in that kind of mess.

Right now, I'm thinking that I may try to say that I don't think the client will be satisfied with the report as is, which is true, and try to feel out the situation a little further.

:dunno:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2015, 04:30:20 PM »
A senior manager and BFF of company owner asked me for a report to send to a client. I only had partial info, so I asked for clarification on the additional info from her. The info I got was completely unhelpful. And I independently discovered that supplying a thorough report is something she may not want to do. So, here's the thing. I don't know if she is intentionally trying to obfuscate the truth or she just isn't aware of a mistake made by someone else in my company. Like, it really could be either scenario and I have no idea which it is. If she isn't aware of the mistake, she would want know about it. On the other hand, if she's trying her damnedest to cover up something, I don't want to press her on it and get involved in that kind of mess.

Right now, I'm thinking that I may try to say that I don't think the client will be satisfied with the report as is, which is true, and try to feel out the situation a little further.

where is your boss in this scenario?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 31, 2015, 04:31:50 PM »

Can you say "Have you talked to [guy who made mistake] about his part of this?"

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2015, 04:43:28 PM »

That position is currently open and she is sort of my boss in the interim, but not completely. 

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Coworker quotes
« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2015, 04:43:30 PM »

What was the quote I think I missed it?
:adios:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2015, 04:45:26 PM »

That position is currently open and she is sort of my boss in the interim, but not completely. 

then you should be OK going to her and letting her know what you think. in person, preferably.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
"How thorough do you want this report to be? I just want to know before I dive into this tonight and tomorrow."

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2015, 04:51:07 PM »

Can you say "Have you talked to [guy who made mistake] about his part of this?"

No. It's also possible that there was never a mistake and only deception from her from the beginning.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2015, 05:05:45 PM »
"How thorough do you want this report to be? I just want to know before I dive into this tonight and tomorrow."
This is really the question. Look, I don't know how old you are, but you don't want to work at a place that makes you lie to keep your job. Ask her the question. If she wants you to be thorough, then be thorough. If she says she just wants a brief recap, then keep it brief, but include something that vaguely references your concern, but you don't have to spell it out.

If you get fired next week, tell them thanks. Get a different job that doesn't make you feel uncomfortable.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »
Ugh, I just got into a big argument with a #WhiteLivesMatter guy at work. 

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2015, 05:44:30 PM »
I already know that I don't want to work there. And that they won't fire me. And I don't mind not being completely honest with clients. I just can't determine if I'd be sticking my nose into her scheme or doing something she'd appreciate.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2015, 05:52:54 PM »
See, because once I say something to her, she can no longer feign ignorance and the scheme is over.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2015, 06:01:18 PM »
either way, chum1, you have the right to wet your beak too.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."