Date: 28/04/24 - 19:28 PM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 64310 times)

February 15, 2009, 03:32:09 PM
Reply #30

cas

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Sniff Sniff. . . I smell Heisman.
Should be a good recruiting year if we stay on the rotation in odd years.
csourk is the best pre-college poster on this board.  way better than oxlp956

March 05, 2009, 04:29:50 PM
Reply #31

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
grandy glaze.  6'6".  sounds like a boyd/hoskins type, but could grow.

This spring and summer, Glaze will be found playing for the newly former Team Takeover (Canada) squad on the AAU trail. The native of Toronto, Canada will be one to follow, and expect the line of college coaches to continue to grow as they see more of him in action.

“West Virginia, Oklahoma, UNLV, Wake Forest, UCLA, Kentucky, Pittsburgh, Oregon State, Georgetown, Maryland, NC State, Florida Gators, New Mexico State, Baylor, South Dakota State, Kansas State, Virginia Tech, Georgia, Akron [and] George Mason,” where the schools mentioned by Glaze when asked to name some schools that have shown early interest in his ability.

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/class-of-2011-intro-grandy-glaze/#more-3801
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 04:36:25 PM by sys »
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

March 05, 2009, 04:33:44 PM
Reply #32

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

March 05, 2009, 04:38:50 PM
Reply #33

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
found a youtube of glaze.  bigger than hoskins, not as athletic.  like him.

March 05, 2009, 07:05:05 PM
Reply #34

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

found a youtube of glaze.  bigger than hoskins, not as athletic.  like him.

I like the strength and hands.  Decent prospect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNgZyElPgto

I still want my cooler, bitches!

March 05, 2009, 07:59:46 PM
Reply #35

yosh

• Senior Cub

Hard to rate sophs.  Guy could be 6'10 by graduation.  If he doesn't grow, very mid-majorish.  JMO.
Cada hombre un gato salvaje!

March 05, 2009, 08:04:40 PM
Reply #36

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
If he doesn't grow, very mid-majorish.  JMO.

don't agree.

March 05, 2009, 09:52:53 PM
Reply #37

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
glaze is a hoss.  'specially for a '11er.  good body control too.
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

March 05, 2009, 09:53:49 PM
Reply #38

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.

March 17, 2009, 04:27:30 PM
Reply #39

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
cook update

I'm very interested in Pitt. I like Pitt a lot. They are one of my favorite schools... Pitt, North Carolina, Kansas State, Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Maryland, NC State, Texas, Tennessee, Xavier, Memphis, Baylor, Virginia, Virginia Tech, George Mason and some others have shown interest... I have only visited Georgetown to this point. I plan on visiting Pitt, North Carolina, and NC State after my season.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=925017

April 20, 2009, 07:28:51 PM
Reply #40

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Grandy Glaze
Forward, 6-6, class of 2011

High School: Saint John’s Catholic Prep, Frederick, Maryland

AAU Team: CIA Bounce Canada

College Interest: West Virginia, Georgetown, UNLV, Ohio State, NC State

Strong Point: An offensive rebounding machine that gave his team numerous second chance opportunities.

Area of Improvement: Raw moves in the offensive post; lack of solid ball-handling skills.

The skinny:
Grandy has picked up a good bit of size and boasted it Friday evening, manhandling the opposition on the boards, looking almost like a man among boys. Glaze will need to work on his coordination and athleticism. He is not the quickest, the fastest and his shot isn’t the most consistent. Instead, he relies on his rebounding and looking for the backdoor cuts for open layups. There is still a lot of time for Grandy to develop his game, and there is no doubt that such a court-smart kid like Glaze is, he will do just that.

He said it:
“I like the versatility of the Big East, and how some teams can dominate you on defense, and yet they can still bring it to you on offense. It’s as competitive as it gets.”

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/pittsburgh-jam-fest-part-i/#more-4419

April 23, 2009, 07:05:11 AM
Reply #41

ksuno1stunner

• Premium Member
  • Cub

April 23, 2009, 08:03:51 AM
Reply #42

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text

April 23, 2009, 08:16:18 AM
Reply #43

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
not a good week for d scott.  now his homoerotic masterpiece is looking a little "anderson isn't going anywhereish"

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=889&CID=817885

April 23, 2009, 08:20:05 AM
Reply #44

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
so if he hasn't enrolled in college he's still eligible.  just have to figure out a way to get him thru the clearinghouse.  need to hire lew perkins as a consultant.
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

April 23, 2009, 05:36:49 PM
Reply #45

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

April 23, 2009, 09:17:51 PM
Reply #46

fatty fat fat

• Premium Member
  • Hall of Fame

• Personal Text
    The very best.
not a good week for d scott.  now his homoerotic masterpiece is looking a little "anderson isn't going anywhereish"

lmao

we need to chant patterson to fitz, and steele davis to dscott
It is a tragedy because now, we have at least an extra month without Cat football until next year. I hate wasting my life away but I can hardly wait until next year.

April 27, 2009, 10:04:42 AM
Reply #47

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Another 2011 guard who made an impression was Quinn Cook. In his team's losing effort to Spiece Indy Fastbreak, Cook was a star. While he possesses solid point guard skills, Cook can absolutely light up the scoreboard. He shot the ball well, and also scored at will going to the rim to give D.C. Assault an opportunity to win the game. Overall Cook was nearly impossible to stop off the bounce with his combination of savvy and quickness.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=940204

April 27, 2009, 10:24:29 AM
Reply #48

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
new name, davontay grace.

Thomas Jefferson (NYC) High School guard Davontay Grace, a class of 2011 prospect running with the Dana Dingle’s 16-U Long Island Lightning squad this weekend let NBE know that he has offers already from Villanova, St. John’s, Providence and Missouri. He is also getting interest from schools such as West Virginia, Kentucky, Kansas State and others.

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/sunday-notes-from-providence-jam-fest/#more-4512

espn profile

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=67010&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d67010

April 27, 2009, 10:24:46 AM
Reply #49

~WabashRoll~

• Cub

Awesome.

"K-State showed me a lot at the Manhattan Classic," Davis said. "The second time I went up there (for the elite camp), they showed me a lot of love.

"If I had to make the decision right now, K-State is definitely No. 1 on my list."
Davis probably won't write about that in an English composition, either. But the expression upon Martin's face when Davis revealed his feelings about Kansas State basketball told a story.

It could be one heck of a story for him to tell one day.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:26:43 AM by ~WabashRoll~ »

"Just a general question...Anyone else think Brian Smoller sounds like Bob Costas? I've told him that for years and he never believes me". - D. Scott Fritchen

May 03, 2009, 09:45:03 PM
Reply #50

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
pretty much everyone that reports on cook this spring is in love with him.

2011 Game - Quinn Cook of Dematha Catholic led DC to a win and also led all scorers with 17 points , Cook also dished out 5 dimes. With Quinn's dominant play this year at the DTLR National High School Hoops Festival , on national stage against O'conell via espn and solid contributions in the WCAC playoffs , we have concluded that Cook is the guard you want when the pressure is on. What we are trying to say is that Cook's stock has improved greatly and you can mark him down as another who will side with the updated 2011 rankings.

Quinn Cook (#5 in black) who for my money is the best PG in the DC area regardless of class....He's great at setting up teammates and if he keeps growing, he's an elite PG with his quickness.

personally, i'm in love with glaze.  others love him too, but not like i do.

Grandy Glaze just keeps on ticking , he is a workhorse that refused to be outhustled. Glaze led all scorers on Bmore with 15 points and a couple of backboard breaking dunks. Grandy , because of his work ethic should be able to hold his position , Glaze has added about 10 more pounds of muscle to compliment his 6'6" frame.

getting a little concerned that nothing is coming out on goodman.  hope he hasn't gotten hurt, or worse, switched aau teams.

http://www.capitolhoops.com/I-95Elite_challenge_2009.htm

May 05, 2009, 11:08:11 AM
Reply #51

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
getting a little concerned that nothing is coming out on goodman.  hope he hasn't gotten hurt, or worse, switched aau teams.

goodman has switched to playing with the southeast elite, and will be attending hs in florida.  also wasn't impressive @ the real deal.

May 05, 2009, 01:03:24 PM
Reply #52

yosh

• Senior Cub

goodman has switched to playing with the southeast elite, and will be attending hs in florida.  also wasn't impressive @ the real deal.

ACD?

May 05, 2009, 01:11:14 PM
Reply #53

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
ACD?

don't think so.  haven't found the hs name.

the general tone of comments has been slightly negative.  like a talented kid doesn't love bball enough.  not like another great dc native will be carrying on the proud tradition @ acd and then ksu.

May 08, 2009, 07:53:50 PM
Reply #54

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
guy who claims to have talked to malone says goodman is back with dca, and will attend progressive christian.  happy for him.

May 12, 2009, 02:12:55 PM
Reply #55

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
not listed among cook's schools.   :frown:

Quinn Cook ’11, DeMatha (MD), DC Assault: Ohio State, North Carolina, Georgetown, Indiana, Virginia Tech, and Virginia
                                 Offers: Cook was unsure, and said that he would sit down with his coach after the school year to discuss who has actually offered thus far
                                 Favorites: “None right now. I’m interested in anybody who is interested in me.”
                                 Note- Cook said he dream school is North Carolina “because of Jordan.”

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2009/05/11/2009-southern-jam-fest-coverage-class-of-2010-and-2011-school-lists.aspx

May 14, 2009, 12:32:58 PM
Reply #56

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Quinn Cook (DC Assault/2011)
Quinn is a talented young guard. He can attack off the dribble and change directions. He finishes well in traffic or can dish off. Quinn also possesses a good jumper, including a pull up game out to three-point range. He put together an excellent outing in the 16-U championship game loss for his DC Assault squad.

————————————————–

Jordan Goodman (DC Assault/2011)
Jordan is a very unique player. He has terrific size and strength for a young big man. Even with that, he actually plays more on the wing. He’s very comfortable doing so too. Jordan has a good handle and can attack off the dribble. He possesses a pretty smooth shot too and hit a couple three-pointers as well. He actually played too much on the wing and forced some outside shots in the 16-U title game. Most of his interior baskets came off the boards. Jordan is an outstanding young talent with a bright future.

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/05/14/southern-jam-fest-player-report/

May 14, 2009, 12:36:02 PM
Reply #57

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Jordan Goodman has the makings of a major player. At 6'7 ot 6'8 and only a sophomore with a good frame on him, Goodman teamed with Quinn Cook to lead DC Assault Gold 16s to a great run.

http://blog.northstarbball.com/2009/05/13/2009-southern-jam-fest-coverage-event-rundown.aspx

May 14, 2009, 02:53:14 PM
Reply #58

yosh

• Senior Cub

Fire 'Te if he doesn't land them both?  :dunno:

May 14, 2009, 02:57:04 PM
Reply #59

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
Fire 'Te if he doesn't land them both?  :dunno:

yeah, I'm really getting tired of his underwood-ish recruiting.  And I'm only kidding a little.