Date: 19/04/24 - 04:53 AM   48060 Topics and 694399 Posts

Author Topic: 2011 Recruiting Thread  (Read 64230 times)

November 18, 2008, 01:57:11 PM
Read 64230 times

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
<---------Click the ball

November 18, 2008, 02:07:22 PM
Reply #1

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

November 18, 2008, 02:09:14 PM
Reply #2

KCcat28

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    All Rise... The Judge is in the house.
:users:

rivals search:
pg: Donivine Stewart

pf: Steele Davis

:ksu:

Wow good fines... looks like the Martin and Hill recruiting train just keeps chuggin along!

November 18, 2008, 02:12:26 PM
Reply #3

KCcat28

• Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    All Rise... The Judge is in the house.
Looking at where those 2 guys are from is really telling as well... we are recruiting in Louisiana and Illinois now? Where are all the people that said they could only recruit through the DC assault? :runaway: :ksu:

November 18, 2008, 03:10:08 PM
Reply #4

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
Looking at where those 2 guys are from is really telling as well... we are recruiting in Louisiana and Illinois now? Where are all the people that said they could only recruit through the DC assault? :runaway: :ksu:

we've recruited IL in the past.  haven't recruited there really hard, but simms-edwards, j-pull, and that one lanky SG/SF whose name escapes me right now.

anyways, jordan goodman is DC Assault 2011 and likes us at least a little.

November 18, 2008, 03:30:33 PM
Reply #5

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

it drives me insane that powertards actually believe this dude is top 10.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

November 18, 2008, 03:37:41 PM
Reply #6

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

it drives me insane that powertards actually believe this dude is top 10.

You think he's top 5?
 :ksu:

I still want my cooler, bitches!

November 18, 2008, 09:49:55 PM
Reply #7

yosh

• Senior Cub

You screwed yourself SD.  Now you have to create and update a list on the first post in the thread for the next three years.  :lol:
Cada hombre un gato salvaje!

November 19, 2008, 07:15:21 AM
Reply #8

steve dave

• Administrator
  • All American

• Personal Text
    Romantic Fist Attachment
You screwed yourself SD.  Now you have to create and update a list on the first post in the thread for the next three years.  :lol:

:curse: I didn't know we did that (never looked at first page after it got to two pages)
<---------Click the ball

November 19, 2008, 10:21:12 AM
Reply #9

cireksu

November 19, 2008, 10:40:21 AM
Reply #10

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
    You can't be racist and like basketball.
should be like other boards where each recruit has their own thread.

IMO.

November 19, 2008, 11:41:02 AM
Reply #11

doom

• Muzzled Poster
  • Junior Wildcat

On their own forum or as threads in the bball forum?  I think we should keep this thread pinned and then link info about recruits to individual threads.

I still want my cooler, bitches!

November 26, 2008, 11:49:26 AM
Reply #12

cas

• Scout Team Wildcat

• Personal Text
    Sniff Sniff. . . I smell Heisman.

IMO.

Would be productive. OU insider does it.
csourk is the best pre-college poster on this board.  way better than oxlp956

November 26, 2008, 04:57:00 PM
Reply #13

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb

IMO.

Would be productive. OU insider does it.

shockernet has a really well organized version of this format.
"these are no longer “games” in the commonly accepted sense of the term. these are free throw shooting contests leavened by the occasional sprint to the other end of the floor."

November 26, 2008, 08:25:18 PM
Reply #14

mcmwcat

• Classless Cat
  • Senior Cub

• Personal Text
    Now that's how you get out a f***ing blood stain.
shockernet has a really well organized version of this format.

http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewforum.php?f=5

seems like it would take a little getting used to but very informative imo
When I was a kid growing up in the projects, I used to dream of going into space, of escaping the slums, of killing an Ewok!

November 26, 2008, 08:59:23 PM
Reply #15

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
my fav. part is of the WSU board is that they give away all the premium content.

December 08, 2008, 12:23:25 AM
Reply #16

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
DeMatha leaned on the play of sophomore guard Quinn Cook. The 6-footer missed the summer due to a knee injury but played with great efficiency and poise in the prime time game.

"I had to get my swagger back," Cook said after the game. "It feels good to be back."

He certainly played like someone that was ready to be back on the floor. Cook scored a team-high 26 points on 11 of 12 shooting from the floor. He also handed out six assists and grabbed five rebounds.

"The thing with this team is that Naji can go for 30. Josh can go for 30. Vic can go for 30. Jerian can go for 30. Anyone can go for 30 for us," Cook said.

In this game, it was Cook that turned up the heat in nearly every facet. It is easy to see why he's become such a popular recruit amongst college coaches.

Cook said he has heard from a host of schools early in the recruiting process. Duke, Villanova, Georgetown, Kansas State, Texas, Maryland, Tennessee, Syracuse, Xavier, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Kentucky and Florida have all shown an interest in him so far.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=886687

cook is dca, teammate of goodman.

December 08, 2008, 03:12:09 AM
Reply #17

drew4ksu

• Cub

December 09, 2008, 02:23:23 PM
Reply #18

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
A source says Memphis has offered 2011 prospect Jordan Goodman, a forward from Bowie (Md.) Seneca Valley High School. Goodman has invitations from Memphis and Georgetown to attend their upcoming game.

'te will deserve a raise if he lands goodman.

December 13, 2008, 01:00:57 PM
Reply #19

Jeffrey_Martin

• Senior Cub

There needs to be a 2012 recruiting thread.

Frank and Brad Underwood were in Wichita last night to see Perry Ellis. Apparently, Underwood has been a mainstay here, attending an "intra-squad" scrimmage last week as well.

December 13, 2008, 01:10:05 PM
Reply #20

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
There needs to be a 2012 recruiting thread.

Frank and Brad Underwood were in Wichita last night to see Perry Ellis. Apparently, Underwood has been a mainstay here, attending an "intra-squad" scrimmage last week as well.

rivals has us listed as one of 4 "schools of interest" for perry.  do you think he's legitimately interested in us, JMart, or is he not really caring about the recruitment aspect of things right now?

December 13, 2008, 01:12:34 PM
Reply #21

Jeffrey_Martin

• Senior Cub

I don't think he's thinking about it, but you have to be seen as being in the mix right now. K-State is going about this the right way.

December 13, 2008, 02:18:39 PM
Reply #22

michigancat

• All American

• Personal Text
I don't think he's thinking about it, but you have to be seen as being in the mix right now. K-State is going about this the right way.

It would make sense.  KSU is the most "elite recruit" friendly school in the region.

December 29, 2008, 04:25:02 PM
Reply #23

kimballcat

• Cub

Apparently Dalonte was in Washington DC recently recruiting for the 2011 class and said we are done for 2009 and 2010.  I can only assume Te was there for Goodman.  I love how we are ahead of the curve in recruiting and can focus on the future instead of spending the spring trying to fill out our '09 class.

December 29, 2008, 05:43:06 PM
Reply #24

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Apparently Dalonte was in Washington DC recently recruiting for the 2011 class and said we are done for 2009 and 2010.  I can only assume Te was there for Goodman.  I love how we are ahead of the curve in recruiting and can focus on the future instead of spending the spring trying to fill out our '09 class.

nice tidbit, but don't leap to assumptions.  dca is strong w. the 11s.

January 07, 2009, 10:45:35 PM
Reply #25

leawoodcat

• Cub

Quin Cook. PG, Dematha - DC Assault

Google search premium content tease:

Scout.com: 2011 Intro: Quinn Cook8 hours ago
... the recruiting process has already begun for Cook. Among the schools that he’s already hearing from are Maryland, Georgetown, Indiana, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Syracuse, Texas, Tennessee, Duke, Kansas State, Villanova, ...

http://kansasstate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=86958

January 27, 2009, 04:38:33 AM
Reply #26

Mo-Money

• Premium Member
  • Cub

February 04, 2009, 01:52:39 PM
Reply #27

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
Quote from: NBE
Quinn Cook, DeMatha:
Certainly one of the most impressive point guards in the event, Cook immediately stood out when watching him. He has very quick handle and changes direction well. He has a nose for the ball, and picks up steals defensively. Cook is a great passer with tremendous vision who can really push the ball and find the open man. He can handle the ball with both hands, but needs to learn how to finish with his left better. He is also not afraid to crash the glass. Cook had five points, five rebounds, seven assists and zero turnovers.

College Update: Georgetown, Maryland, lot of ACC and Big East

http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/spalding-hoophall-classic-recap-part-ii/#more-3488

February 05, 2009, 06:12:46 PM
Reply #28

treysolid

• Cub

• Personal Text
    Ready for Maize girls!
latest from northstar:

Steele Davis ’11, Our Savior New American (NY): Florida, Memphis, USC, Miami, DePaul, Georgetown, Syracuse, and Baylor
                                  Offers: Florida, USC, Miami, DePaul, and Georgetown
                                  Favorites: None; “No, not right now.”
                                  Note- Davis said that he is looking for “immediate playing time” when making a college decision.

KSU not listed...   :dunno:

February 10, 2009, 06:47:32 PM
Reply #29

sys

• Second String Wildcat

• Personal Text
    gmafb
another davis update with no mention of ksu.  he's moved to the new york area, not sure if that was already known.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=911158