Author Topic: 2012 Recruiting Thread  (Read 623412 times)

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread
« Reply #3375 on: April 15, 2012, 04:00:21 PM »
Gray>Orris>Spradling

look spradling had an incredibly disappointing year, but there's no way in the world he isn't better than orris.

Yes.  And gray is way better then Angel.  Probably a lot better.

Offline Jackie Moon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: April 15, 2012, 04:10:46 PM »
Gray>Orris>Spradling

look spradling had an incredibly disappointing year, but there's no way in the world he isn't better than orris.

If angel stays he is the starter.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: April 15, 2012, 04:12:36 PM »
Upshaw's coach says he thinks he will stay in the west. Fresno St?

Announcement is in 50 minutes.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: April 15, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »

who cares... was so hyped up on this guy, now he's going somewhere else...

:curse: :chainsaw: :shakesfist: :dubious:

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: April 15, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »
Gray>Orris>Spradling

If angel stays he is the starter.

Well yeah, but we probably won't get gray.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: April 15, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
gray is way better then Angel.  Probably a lot better.

:lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: April 15, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »

Yup, Fresno St.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: April 15, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »
Josh Gray update coming, doesn't seem like it'll be the worst thing in the world  :excited:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: April 15, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »
K-State leads for Gray

:emawkid:
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: April 15, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
K-State leads for Gray
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Josh-Gray-119706

Is this something I should actually be excited about?

For spring recruiting? Yes, very much so. What else does K-State basketball have to be excited about at this point?

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: April 15, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »
Is this a "Grey and Orris" thing or a "Grey or Orris" thing? 

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: April 15, 2012, 11:00:39 PM »
For spring recruiting? Yes, very much so. What else does K-State basketball have to be excited about at this point?

I was more or less referring to the fact that we are the only school listed as "Medium"

I am excited about the possibility of getting Gray.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:41 PM »
 :excited:
Is this a "Grey and Orris" thing or a "Grey or Orris" thing?

Depends on Angel.

Offline kstatefreak42

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: April 15, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »
ZOMG  :excited:
EMAW

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: April 16, 2012, 08:37:28 AM »
This kid is blowing twitter up with #EMAW right now.   :love:

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: April 16, 2012, 08:41:08 AM »

handle?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: April 16, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Will McKay
RedRaiderSports.com

Talk about it in Wabash Station
After learning of Mississippi State head coach Rick Stansbury's retirement, Houston (Texas) Wheatley point guard Josh Gray decided it was time to head elsewhere. Gray, who signed with the Bulldogs in the early signing period, requested, and earned, a release from his letter of intent. Now that he's back on the market, there are a handful of school's that would definitely like to add the Houston native to their class.

Gray will visit Lubbock this weekend.
One of those schools is Texas Tech. Gray will head to Lubbock this weekend to check out the basketball program on the South Plains.

"Everything's going good. I've got my schools lined up. I'm fixing to go to Texas Tech this weekend," he said. "I'm going down there Friday morning. I'm just looking forward to seeing the school, seeing the community and stuff like that."

This isn't the beginning of a new relationship between Tech and Gray, however. The Red Raiders have been recruiting the guard for quite a while now. When Gray came back on the market, Texas Tech was one of the first schools to give him a call.

"I've been talking to coach Chris Walker and coach Billy Gillispie. I was in a relationship with them a long time before I signed with Mississippi State. They were recruiting me and were always in my top five. When I got my release, (we started talking again), so we've been building that relationship for a ling period of time."

One of the biggest reasons that Tech is still in contention for the Rivals 150 prospect is head coach Billy Gillespie. Gray loves the way he interacts with his players and would be very pleased to play for the second year head coach.

"Coach Gillespie, for me, he's a crazy coach, but he loves his players harder than he coaches. That's the type of coach that I would like to play for. He's produced point guards to the pros, he's dealt with the best, and he's turned programs around. He's just a great coach all around the board."

Right now, Gray is looking at a few options including Texas Tech, Kansas State, Virginia Tech, Memphis, UCLA, Colorado State, and UConn. The Wheatley product said that he'll likely sign with a team in the next few weeks, but he may choose to go the prep route if no school pleases him.

"I'm going to make a decision in two or three weeks," he said. "Just in case I don't find a situation that I feel comfortable with I may end up doing a prep year, but I'm going to know something in two or three weeks."

With a big decision to make, Gray will probably start narrowing his candidates down fairly soon. When asked, the point guard said that the Red Raiders were likely his leader on Sunday afternoon.

"Probably Texas Tech. (I would say) probably Tech."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: April 16, 2012, 08:45:33 AM »

handle?

@ThatsJoshGray

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:17 AM »

handle?

@ThatsJoshGray

He's an #EMAW retweeting machine!  :love:

Goodness...

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #3396 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:47 AM »
Will McKay
RedRaiderSports.com

Talk about it in Wabash Station
After learning of Mississippi State head coach Rick Stansbury's retirement, Houston (Texas) Wheatley point guard Josh Gray decided it was time to head elsewhere. Gray, who signed with the Bulldogs in the early signing period, requested, and earned, a release from his letter of intent. Now that he's back on the market, there are a handful of school's that would definitely like to add the Houston native to their class.

Gray will visit Lubbock this weekend.
One of those schools is Texas Tech. Gray will head to Lubbock this weekend to check out the basketball program on the South Plains.

"Everything's going good. I've got my schools lined up. I'm fixing to go to Texas Tech this weekend," he said. "I'm going down there Friday morning. I'm just looking forward to seeing the school, seeing the community and stuff like that."

This isn't the beginning of a new relationship between Tech and Gray, however. The Red Raiders have been recruiting the guard for quite a while now. When Gray came back on the market, Texas Tech was one of the first schools to give him a call.

"I've been talking to coach Chris Walker and coach Billy Gillispie. I was in a relationship with them a long time before I signed with Mississippi State. They were recruiting me and were always in my top five. When I got my release, (we started talking again), so we've been building that relationship for a ling period of time."

One of the biggest reasons that Tech is still in contention for the Rivals 150 prospect is head coach Billy Gillespie. Gray loves the way he interacts with his players and would be very pleased to play for the second year head coach.

"Coach Gillespie, for me, he's a crazy coach, but he loves his players harder than he coaches. That's the type of coach that I would like to play for. He's produced point guards to the pros, he's dealt with the best, and he's turned programs around. He's just a great coach all around the board."

Right now, Gray is looking at a few options including Texas Tech, Kansas State, Virginia Tech, Memphis, UCLA, Colorado State, and UConn. The Wheatley product said that he'll likely sign with a team in the next few weeks, but he may choose to go the prep route if no school pleases him.

"I'm going to make a decision in two or three weeks," he said. "Just in case I don't find a situation that I feel comfortable with I may end up doing a prep year, but I'm going to know something in two or three weeks."

With a big decision to make, Gray will probably start narrowing his candidates down fairly soon. When asked, the point guard said that the Red Raiders were likely his leader on Sunday afternoon.

"Probably Texas Tech. (I would say) probably Tech."

Is that real?  If so, it's pretty funny.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: April 16, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »
yeah, it's real.  just posted on the TTech site today.

Offline J

• Katpak'r
  • Just call me "Hollywood"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: April 16, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »
yeah, it's real.  just posted on the TTech site today.

Man he'll do what ever it takes to make anyone happy.

Love this kid already. Can't til he's starting next year  :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
lol ppl. He's not going to loserville, Texas Tech. Rumor is: "He day dreams about going to a school nestled in a valley, just north of the tropical flint hills".  :ksu:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:37:26 AM by fanningksu »