Author Topic: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)  (Read 234002 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #1300 on: July 23, 2013, 11:22:58 PM »
Making a sammy on my lunch break and Emawnk comes darting around in the kitchen, no idea how he got out but he's currently loose somewhere in my house.

Last spotting was under a couch but when I moved the couch I couldnt find him....Have set a trail of nuts/fruit leading back to his container and hope he returns soon.

Will be releasing him back in the wild tonight assuming I am able to capture him, will take plenty of pics.

Conversation earlier between me an my brother who lives in the basement

Ben ji- FYI keep an eye out for EMAWnk upstairs, he escaped today and I have not found him yet.

Brother- He's in the vent again, just heard him rustling around

Ben ji- Which one

Brother- Dont know, it could of been one of the ones from the living room or the spare bedroom.

Ben ji- (sigh) alright (Tries to determine which of 3 vent shafts he could of entered but cant hear him moving) (sets up homemade ladder's in 3 different vents)

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: July 24, 2013, 10:04:50 AM »
i took on a swarm (?) of wasps last night in my backyard.  the few that escaped will be telling stories for generations of how i systematically destroyed their way of life and everyone that they cared about.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »
i took on a swarm (?) of wasps last night in my backyard.  the few that escaped will be telling stories for generations of how i systematically destroyed their way of life and everyone that they cared about.

Thats interesting, coming from an Okie

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:09 AM »
My dog tried to catch a medium sized frog.  It immediately started foaming at the mouth (the dog) and shaking it's head and throwing foam all over the place.  Frog appears unharmed.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: July 24, 2013, 10:14:04 AM »
Making a sammy on my lunch break and Emawnk comes darting around in the kitchen, no idea how he got out but he's currently loose somewhere in my house.

Last spotting was under a couch but when I moved the couch I couldnt find him....Have set a trail of nuts/fruit leading back to his container and hope he returns soon.

Will be releasing him back in the wild tonight assuming I am able to capture him, will take plenty of pics.

Conversation earlier between me an my brother who lives in the basement

Ben ji- FYI keep an eye out for EMAWnk upstairs, he escaped today and I have not found him yet.

Brother- He's in the vent again, just heard him rustling around

Ben ji- Which one

Brother- Dont know, it could of been one of the ones from the living room or the spare bedroom.

Ben ji- (sigh) alright (Tries to determine which of 3 vent shafts he could of entered but cant hear him moving) (sets up homemade ladder's in 3 different vents)

oh no. this story really, really needs a happy ending.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:06 AM »

i don't know which stereotype you are going for here

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 24, 2013, 10:24:46 AM »
When I lived in Texas (I was 6), I came a crossed a dead lizard and snake that had ripped each other apart for a final showdown over territory. The neat thing, there was a bunch of baby snakes swarming around the scene. Must have been the mother. It was a cool thing to see for a 6 year old.  :love:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 24, 2013, 10:10:06 PM »
Attention Stevedave!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:18 PM »
I saw that little guy at the kickball fields tonight.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 24, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
I saw that little guy at the kickball fields tonight.

lol

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Re: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #1310 on: July 24, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »

Native American

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 25, 2013, 12:14:46 AM »
I was just laying in bed and I heard a noise which I thought was coming from the wall.  Sounded like something scurrying around in a vent or something at first.  So i got up and went into the hallway and listened.  Then I heard a noise that sounded like something running around on the roof.  I have cathedral ceilings which follow the roof line so no attic.  I went out the front door and as soon as I turned around I saw two raccoons staring at me from the roof.  I said "what are you guys doing up there?" and they ran to the other side of the roof where I couldn't see them.  I went back inside and they ran around for another 5 minutes or so and then I guess they got off because I haven't heard them for a while.  What are they doing up there?

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 25, 2013, 09:07:28 AM »
I was just laying in bed and I heard a noise which I thought was coming from the wall.  Sounded like something scurrying around in a vent or something at first.  So i got up and went into the hallway and listened.  Then I heard a noise that sounded like something running around on the roof.  I have cathedral ceilings which follow the roof line so no attic.  I went out the front door and as soon as I turned around I saw two raccoons staring at me from the roof.  I said "what are you guys doing up there?" and they ran to the other side of the roof where I couldn't see them.  I went back inside and they ran around for another 5 minutes or so and then I guess they got off because I haven't heard them for a while.  What are they doing up there?

Playing that game where if you touch the ground your entire family dies.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
Re: Re: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #1313 on: July 25, 2013, 09:28:17 AM »

Native American

wowzers, i didn't even mean for that to happen.  guess the killing of a large group starts to become a piece of your being down here.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 25, 2013, 11:49:05 AM »
I heard EMAWnk in the vents last night and really hoped he came out today.

Sure enough, i get home on my lunch break, start to make a sammy and whooosh, EMAWnk comes running into the kitchen.

Chased him around for about 10 minutes and finally captured him by throwing a towel over him. Took him out side and EMAWnk was set free.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:46 AM »
Here he is making a break for the fence line!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 25, 2013, 11:59:46 AM »
 :love:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: July 25, 2013, 12:01:57 PM »

you are benji's bro that lives in benji's basement

:sdeek:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 25, 2013, 12:02:16 PM »

:emawkid:

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 25, 2013, 12:24:44 PM »
What a wonderful success story.  ben ji, you and EMAWnk are an inspiration to us all.
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: July 25, 2013, 12:33:37 PM »
well ben ji, glad he rebounded and there was no blood on your mousetraps.  nice rehab work :thumbs:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: July 25, 2013, 12:34:47 PM »

you are benji's bro that lives in benji's basement

:sdeek:

i took it as a SYG fable? :dunno:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: July 25, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »
I heard EMAWnk in the vents last night and really hoped he came out today.

Sure enough, i get home on my lunch break, start to make a sammy and whooosh, EMAWnk comes running into the kitchen.

Chased him around for about 10 minutes and finally captured him by throwing a towel over him. Took him out side and EMAWnk was set free.

grats ben ji.  i'm sending a link of this thread to steve balderson in hopes that one day we can put this motivational story onto the silver screen.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: July 25, 2013, 02:42:59 PM »

Phenomenal. I'm glad there wasn't some sort of twist where once you released him a hawk swooped down and grabbed him.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: July 25, 2013, 02:49:47 PM »
what a great ending to a great story. also, wackycat, that is a great raccoon pic.