Author Topic: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)  (Read 234000 times)

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
:dance:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #1101 on: June 20, 2013, 01:58:31 AM »
One time I hit a cat. I wasn't 100% sure what I hit, so I turned around a few blocks later to double check. I saw a grey cat with a pink collar in the middle of the road right where I was sure I had hit something. I teared up a bit, thinking of a small girl finding the body and crying because of the trauma I had put her through.

But one time I hit a possum. I was a few seconds from hitting him when he paused in the middle of the road, looked up, and got hit by my Ford Explorer as soon as his head was perpendicular to the road. I laughed hysterically for about a mile. What contrasting experiences.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 20, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
Amazing-ly sad animal story to follow:

We have two chipmunks that live in our backyard.  My kids named them Chip and Dale (they're not very creative kids).  Anyway I was out in the yard the other day and I see Chip sitting next to the shed looking at me, so I call the kids over and we are looking at him and talking about how adorable he is and stuff.  Just then a stray cat that always hangs around our house walks up with Dale in his mouth!  We are horrified obviously and I pick up Meow (cat's name) and pry Dale out of his jaws.  He is still alive so I hold Meow and set Dale on the ground to see if he will run away.  He tries but his back legs won't work.  So he is trying to pull himself away with his front legs.  Well I think he might just be in shock because I thought I read one time that it can cause temporary paralysis, so I pick him up and take him to the shed where he and Chip live and put him next to his nest which is this pile of leaves/sticks in the corner of the shed.  I close the door and go in for the night. The next day I go back to check on him and he is in the same spot, but dead.  I buried him next to the shed.  I was really mad at Meow and thought about shooting him with my BB gun to teach him a lesson but my wife reminded me about the circle of life and all that so I didn't.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 20, 2013, 03:09:13 PM »
holy cow 33 that makes me sad :cry:

how are the kids taking it?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 20, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
R.I.P., Dale.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 20, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
Sad story _33. I've got some chipmunks that live under my driveway and in one of my flower beds and they are a joy to watch. Best part is they have taken over the den from some mice that I exterminated last fall.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 20, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »
maybe if your kids didnt name your pets and creatures that live in your back yard such stupid names this wouldnt have happened.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Frankenklein

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 20, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
maybe if your kids didnt name your pets and creatures that live in your back yard such stupid names this wouldnt have happened.
He said Meow  :lol: was a stray and never said his kids named him,but I'm guessing they did because he said they're not very creative

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 20, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »

Look at BTK, making jokes about and just loving the crap out of something's brutally painful and tragic death.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 20, 2013, 05:55:32 PM »
somewhat similar story to 33's. my wife was bored six months ago (i think) so she bought a fish tank with some fish for my son and put it in his room. he was 5 at the time. anyway, a week later and there are seven or eight teeny, tiny, baby fish. apparently one of the fish was pregnant when she bought it. anyway, these baby fish were tiny. like super small. anyway, i'm downstairs and they all freak out when they see them and run down to get me. and my son is just so happy and so proud and it really is kind of cool. because, what the heck? we thought we just got a couple little fish but now there are going to be more and it will be kind of fun to watch them grow. so anyway, they brought me upstairs and most of the baby fish are hiding down at the bottom but one kind of swims up to where the mom is and we are all watching and it's super cute. then the mom sees it, stares at it for a bit, then eats it. i was like uh oh. son saw it, and freaked out. i felt bad.  :frown:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 20, 2013, 06:30:17 PM »
One time I hit a cat. I wasn't 100% sure what I hit, so I turned around a few blocks later to double check. I saw a grey cat with a pink collar in the middle of the road right where I was sure I had hit something. I teared up a bit, thinking of a small girl finding the body and crying because of the trauma I had put her through.

But one time I hit a possum. I was a few seconds from hitting him when he paused in the middle of the road, looked up, and got hit by my Ford Explorer as soon as his head was perpendicular to the road. I laughed hysterically for about a mile. What contrasting experiences.

Opossums are sweet and gentile creatures, and you probably shouldn't be so flippant about murdering them with your Ford Explorer.  They're also the only marsupials in the USA.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 20, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »

Look at BTK, making jokes about and just loving the crap out of something's brutally painful and tragic death.

:dunno:
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 20, 2013, 06:40:26 PM »

:dunno:

Hey man, nobody is going to miss that possum. That is not the case for the cat or chipmunk.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 20, 2013, 06:49:42 PM »
somewhat similar story to 33's. my wife was bored six months ago (i think) so she bought a fish tank with some fish for my son and put it in his room. he was 5 at the time. anyway, a week later and there are seven or eight teeny, tiny, baby fish. apparently one of the fish was pregnant when she bought it. anyway, these baby fish were tiny. like super small. anyway, i'm downstairs and they all freak out when they see them and run down to get me. and my son is just so happy and so proud and it really is kind of cool. because, what the heck? we thought we just got a couple little fish but now there are going to be more and it will be kind of fun to watch them grow. so anyway, they brought me upstairs and most of the baby fish are hiding down at the bottom but one kind of swims up to where the mom is and we are all watching and it's super cute. then the mom sees it, stares at it for a bit, then eats it. i was like uh oh. son saw it, and freaked out. i felt bad.  :frown:

Judging by your description of the fish I'm guessing you got lil daris some guppies? I had some guppies when I was younger and saw this all the time, the mom didnt actually eat the baby, she was protecting it by holding inside her mouth.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 20, 2013, 07:02:58 PM »
Hey man, nobody is going to miss that possum. That is not the case for the cat or chipmunk.

you're one mumped up dude.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 20, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »
you're right, you were not being a jerk. you were only trying to make him feel better. i, on the other hand, was trying to start a confrontation with you so that i could post a pic of a severed snake that an in-law sent me. i was the one behaving like a jerk. sorry for accusing you, real-life friend sys.

i just wanted to make the point that no one should feel bad about killing a feral cat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 20, 2013, 07:06:55 PM »
We have two chipmunks that live in our backyard. 

sucks that mhk has no chipmunks.  such a great urban animal.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 20, 2013, 07:15:53 PM »

Judging by your description of the fish I'm guessing you got lil daris some guppies? I had some guppies when I was younger and saw this all the time, the mom didnt actually eat the baby, she was protecting it by holding inside her mouth.

i don't think so though. within 2/3 days all the babies were gone.  :cry:

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
amazing animal stories thread (post your own)
« Reply #1119 on: June 20, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
Fish are rough ridin' cold blooded, man.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 20, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »

i don't think so though. within 2/3 days all the babies were gone.  :cry:

Sad. Return for refund. If they won't take the return, or won't give the refund, drop the murderous mama fish into one of the store's retail tanks and let it feed at will.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 20, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »
Sad. Return for refund. If they won't take the return, or won't give the refund, drop the murderous mama fish into one of the store's retail tanks and let it feed at will.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 20, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »
Fish are rough ridin' cold blooded, man.

:thumbs:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 21, 2013, 02:02:02 AM »

you're one mumped up dude.

I will fight you.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 21, 2013, 11:17:49 AM »