Author Topic: Explain fentanyl to me  (Read 4571 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: Explain fentanyl to me
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2023, 12:42:54 PM »
this thread is reminding me i want to go re-watch season 2 of the hit HBO series THE WIRE

the best season, dont @ me
i like season 2 a lot.  hello young Holly Flax!

something like 5 people in KC died this week from fent OD'ing.  Scary stuff. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2023, 01:30:03 PM »
Just to be clear, I don’t think illegal drug users/purchasers are entitled to fentanyl-free illegal drugs. This new risk is an additional one to those that already existed when participating in that game.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2023, 01:52:02 PM »
A neighbor's kid was saved from a fentanyl overdose.

the kid bought "Oxy" pills that had fentanly.

Apparently the dealers get X number of Oxy and some fentanyl, grind it all up into chowder, add some sort of stable filler, the fentanyl is to make it hit harder.  But they can turn 100 pills into 5000 pills or whatever.

so X number of pills out of the thousand they made are deadly

T-Y. This succinctly shows the economic pros/cons to suppliers of using fentanyl in their biz model, but fentanyl isn’t the real problem here.
Yeah, they call them “presses”. I’m terrified of this stuff going around and my moron 9 year old who will currently do literally any dangerous crap any of his friends are doing coming across them. We’ve had some local HS kids OD. Absolute nightmare fuel for me.

Sent from my iPhone using
they also "press" the pills to look as much like regular oxy/vicodin etc.  I've seen images of side by sides and "how to tell" kinds of things that law enforcement makes.  Like how to spot the counterfeit.  Because the dealers don't advertise that they've been watered down and have fentanyl. 

The people OD'ing don't know there's fentanyl in the pill they are popping/snorting

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2023, 12:00:37 AM »
Worth noting that the overwhelming majority of heroin users are not people who just decided one day “hey ya know what? I think I’ll dabble with heroin because why not?” It’s almost always a less potent opioid like oxy, Abe’s in many cases those ppl were not interested in being drug users, their doctors just gave them opioids bc they fell off the ladder when they were hanging their Christmas lights and the doc said “yeah an opioid is appropriate” and then bam they addicted and yes it really can (and does!) happen that way bc of the frighteningly addictive properties of opioids. A then when they can’t get any more refills, it’s not like the addiction just magically goes away, unfortunately

:thumbs:  This fentanyl uproar should serve as a call to action in the medical industry or regulation world as to such prescriptions and not making them or only making them when there's some control involved for avoiding that addiction and having plans for getting those people transitioned out of the prescription.

The good folks at Perdue have assured us that these drugs are perfectly safe and non-addictive
I think a lot of Dr's were duped by the manufacturers. My Dr in no way is a pill pusher. He rarely even gives me antibiotics. When I had my first kidney stone about 15 years ago I had to wait about a week for surgery since it was stuck. He threw a giant bottle of oxy at me for the pain.

Doctors don't do that now from what I've observed.  Anecdotally it takes substantial, usually orthopedic surgeries to get prescribed opioid based pain killers, and it's tightly monitored.

It was good money for Big Pharm and Dr.'s while it lasted. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2023, 12:13:00 AM »
Worth noting that the overwhelming majority of heroin users are not people who just decided one day “hey ya know what? I think I’ll dabble with heroin because why not?” It’s almost always a less potent opioid like oxy, Abe’s in many cases those ppl were not interested in being drug users, their doctors just gave them opioids bc they fell off the ladder when they were hanging their Christmas lights and the doc said “yeah an opioid is appropriate” and then bam they addicted and yes it really can (and does!) happen that way bc of the frighteningly addictive properties of opioids. A then when they can’t get any more refills, it’s not like the addiction just magically goes away, unfortunately

:thumbs:  This fentanyl uproar should serve as a call to action in the medical industry or regulation world as to such prescriptions and not making them or only making them when there's some control involved for avoiding that addiction and having plans for getting those people transitioned out of the prescription.
I think they're getting the message with some of these 11-figure settlements.

Yeah, I'm sure they are going to lobby congress very aggressively to make themselves immune from future lawsuits so they can keep prescription costs low and continue to research new lifesaving drugs.

You hit it on the nail head.  They are being watched so closely that they are very careful to document the reason, amount, and type/strength of opioids before they prescribe these drugs.  I know this since I have been dealing with pain for over 40 years.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2023, 07:18:49 AM »

eat them, imo

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2023, 08:20:14 AM »
Just to be clear, I don’t think illegal drug users/purchasers are entitled to fentanyl-free illegal drugs. This new risk is an additional one to those that already existed when participating in that game.

If we can prevent heroin and opiate junkies from overdosing we should but yes, if you are ripping heroin and illegal opioids I think you have signed up for a level of risk that even includes death.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2023, 10:20:26 AM »
It can contaminate cocaine as well (the fancy man’s drug). I actually know someone who died from that.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2023, 10:49:27 AM »
It can contaminate cocaine as well (the fancy man’s drug). I actually know someone who died from that.

I've heard rumblings, but I don't understand why someone would cut an upper with a downer. Like, pick a lane, you know?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2023, 10:50:01 AM »

I've heard rumblings, but I don't understand why someone would cut an upper with a downer. Like, pick a lane, you know?
You don't understand that?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2023, 10:51:44 AM »

You don't understand that?

Did I stutter?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2023, 11:05:42 AM »
ok just making sure you meant to come off sounding like a total idiot there, carry on

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2023, 11:33:50 AM »
ok just making sure you meant to come off sounding like a total idiot there, carry on

Go ahead and explain your thought process to me.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2023, 11:36:24 AM »
Is alcohol a downer? Cause I'd wager the majority of cocaine is consumed with alcohol.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2023, 11:37:05 AM »
The thing spracs and strippers most have in common is how they are both showing their entire ass. The biggest difference is I’m only doing a round of nose beers off the stripper’s ass (fenty free, for the record)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 04, 2023, 11:41:57 AM »
Is alcohol a downer? Cause I'd wager the majority of cocaine is consumed with alcohol.

Ok, but usually the purpose for cutting cocaine is to artificially increase the weight/volume, i.e., dilute the product. Cutting with fentanyl won't do that. Maybe I'm wrong and it's a banger power combo though.

Et tu, BAC?

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2023, 11:51:08 AM »

Ok, but usually the purpose for cutting cocaine is to artificially increase the weight/volume, i.e., dilute the product. Cutting with fentanyl won't do that. Maybe I'm wrong and it's a banger power combo though.

Et tu, BAC?

Sorry was just looking for an excuse to use nose beers that was fun to say

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 04, 2023, 12:11:40 PM »
A bit of googling tells me it can frequently be just a case of cross contamination when a dealer uses the same stuff to cut cocaine and opioids.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 04, 2023, 12:12:33 PM »

Et tu, BAC?

Think you can cover up more cutting with a splash of fenty
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2023, 05:39:14 PM »

If we can prevent heroin and opiate junkies from overdosing we should but yes, if you are ripping heroin and illegal opioids I think you have signed up for a level of risk that even includes death.

Also if you buy percocets from a snapchat delivery guy. MIR, add this one to your bedtime horror story list.

https://www.kansas.com/news/state/article272839335.html

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2023, 11:48:45 PM »

Also if you buy percocets from a snapchat delivery guy. MIR, add this one to your bedtime horror story list.

That's sad as eff but there's almost certainly no way that was the first time he ingested fentanyl.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 20, 2023, 11:52:27 PM »
Have y'all heard of this crap? Tranq. eff.
https://youtu.be/cNJn2_3GY2E

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2023, 12:35:31 AM »

That's sad as eff but there's almost certainly no way that was the first time he ingested fentanyl.

You mean the “one pill” reference? I don’t read that as first time, but as “a” time and that even one bad pill can end you. That’s probably more important in that “no, you did find the good honest clean Snapchat drug dealer just because your first 5 times went ok.”

Kids, just party with factory-sealed coors light, mad dog, etc.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2023, 02:10:45 PM »
Have you guys seen/heard of Borgs?
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2023, 04:25:29 PM »
Like from Star Trek? I'm pretty sure they are made up.