Author Topic: Explain fentanyl to me  (Read 4707 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Explain fentanyl to me
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2023, 08:51:57 PM »
It's interesting how drugs effect people differently. My dad can't take any opiate based painkiller because they make him barf. I got that full body good feeling from oxy for the first week (like 40mg throughout the day) and haven't experienced it since. I have not been tempted at all to take them when I'm not experiencing pain. But the pain killing properties are amazing and when I'm in enough pain I'd probably give corner hand jobs to make it go away so I still understand how some people will throw their lives away when access is cut off.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2023, 08:53:23 PM »
My own personal story with opioids. I had a really deviated septum thanks to a baseball to the face during the 2k13 kazzu cats baseball season and went to the regional in Manhattan (played plenty, that part wasnt so bad). But as any recent grad after than spending another 10k to fix it right then, I let it go til December 31st 2020 (best way to end that year). Had the surgery to fix my nose. They gave me oxy (like 30 of them) for the pain. Didn't take one til after 24 hours past. And, holy crap, I went from feeling miserable to feeling like I was 4/7 after just 1 pill. Even my mom who was taking care of me during that time remarked "you are definitely feeling better aren't you!" and I was.

And for a bit I would take a half of one just to feel good, and goddamn was it good. But thanks to my brother I threw it all away before I got to like 5 pills used (only 5, of 30). That crap is no joke. It's like being comfortably drunk off one pill (for me). I can more than see anyone getting addicted to it. And I am glad to this day I never fell more into that snake pit.

yeah, i've had morphine after surgery and after a snakebite, and it's the only medicine i've ever taken that works as advertised.  none of this take an aspirin, does it feel better - "ehh, maybe can't really tell, but maybe" crap.  you go from, eff this hurts to not only does it not hurt, i feel rough ridin' incredible.

i haven't figured out the logistics yet, but i want to make sure that whenever i start dying i can shortcut that crap with an opioid overdose, because eff dying not happy as eff.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2023, 09:16:02 PM »
I literally exclaimed "holy crap!" and the nurse thought something was wrong, I'm like naw I just wasn't ready for that bro.
LOL amazing

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2023, 09:17:31 PM »
i wonder if there's anyone selling oldtimey botanical opiates.  like could i go out and find some laudanum or old-fashioned smoking opium in the u.s. if i wanted?
Make your own opium den in a tent in the backyard?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2023, 10:10:47 PM »
Our overall experience with opioids was generally positive, and boy oh boy did they really kick (insert medical procedure here) ass . . . so with that in mind, Fentanyl . . . no big woof.  #blueanongE   :thumbsup:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2023, 10:30:49 PM »
But Fentanyl is the latest punch line for #blueanon/#blueanongE and just like talking about crime is racist, now talking about Fentanyl is apparently anti-immigrant and similar.

Congrats Cartels and congrats Chinese and Indian Fentanyl component providers and money launders . . . you have a friend in #blueanon  :thumbsup:

Speaking of capping about fentanyl. Dax, apparently needing to find something to be outraged about on every single thing mentioned in the pit, just completely made this up. Shits wild.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2023, 10:34:10 PM »
But Fentanyl is the latest punch line for #blueanon/#blueanongE and just like talking about crime is racist, now talking about Fentanyl is apparently anti-immigrant and similar.

Congrats Cartels and congrats Chinese and Indian Fentanyl component providers and money launders . . . you have a friend in #blueanon  :thumbsup:

Speaking of capping about fentanyl. Dax, apparently needing to find something to be outraged about on every single thing mentioned in the pit, just completely made this up. Shits wild.

First of all, your (over) use of capping is just  :lol: :lol: :lol:  Coupled with your statement in another forum about how you don't like Kyrie because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else given your constant trend-line on this blog is  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as well.

This hasn't been the only discussion about Fentanyl in the Pit.
You and your ilk generally think it's funny, and think it's just a MAGA thing.  Meanwhile even #blueanon state leaders continually release reports stating their concern.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2023, 04:27:06 AM »

First of all, your (over) use of capping is just  :lol: :lol: :lol:  Coupled with your statement in another forum about how you don't like Kyrie because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else given your constant trend-line on this blog is  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as well.

This hasn't been the only discussion about Fentanyl in the Pit.
You and your ilk generally think it's funny, and think it's just a MAGA thing.  Meanwhile even #blueanon state leaders continually release reports stating their concern.

Wait a minute. YOU of all people are laughing at someone else for overuse of a word? You can't be serious, ain't no way you're serious. This is like when you complain about long posts or someone making back to back posts. Either you're the world's most unaware hypocrite, a legit crazy person, or really committed to the bit.

Anyhoo, way to stay on brand with inventing false outrage

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2023, 06:57:34 AM »
Our overall experience with opioids was generally positive, and boy oh boy did they really kick (insert medical procedure here) ass . . . so with that in mind, Fentanyl . . . no big woof.  #blueanongE   :thumbsup:
Dax wtf are you even talking about, lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2023, 08:05:29 AM »
A neighbor's kid was saved from a fentanyl overdose.

the kid bought "Oxy" pills that had fentanly.

Apparently the dealers get X number of Oxy and some fentanyl, grind it all up into chowder, add some sort of stable filler, the fentanyl is to make it hit harder.  But they can turn 100 pills into 5000 pills or whatever.

so X number of pills out of the thousand they made are deadly

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2023, 08:41:29 AM »
My own personal story with opioids. I had a really deviated septum thanks to a baseball to the face during the 2k13 kazzu cats baseball season and went to the regional in Manhattan (played plenty, that part wasnt so bad). But as any recent grad after than spending another 10k to fix it right then, I let it go til December 31st 2020 (best way to end that year). Had the surgery to fix my nose. They gave me oxy (like 30 of them) for the pain. Didn't take one til after 24 hours past. And, holy crap, I went from feeling miserable to feeling like I was 4/7 after just 1 pill. Even my mom who was taking care of me during that time remarked "you are definitely feeling better aren't you!" and I was.

And for a bit I would take a half of one just to feel good, and goddamn was it good. But thanks to my brother I threw it all away before I got to like 5 pills used (only 5, of 30). That crap is no joke. It's like being comfortably drunk off one pill (for me). I can more than see anyone getting addicted to it. And I am glad to this day I never fell more into that snake pit.

yeah, i've had morphine after surgery and after a snakebite, and it's the only medicine i've ever taken that works as advertised.  none of this take an aspirin, does it feel better - "ehh, maybe can't really tell, but maybe" crap.  you go from, eff this hurts to not only does it not hurt, i feel rough ridin' incredible.

i haven't figured out the logistics yet, but i want to make sure that whenever i start dying i can shortcut that crap with an opioid overdose, because eff dying not happy as eff.
Hopefully by the time this comes we will have DR assisted suicide like a functioning society should.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 03, 2023, 08:48:30 AM »
Dax wtf are you even talking about, lmao

Your inability to follow along, remember discussions in other threads and read the room remains 7/7

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2023, 08:55:31 AM »

not to be tying threads of yard around push pins on a giant bulletin board...but it almost sounds like there are some drugs that are incredibly potent, and, when administered by professionals in a controlled environment can be very effective for short term pain management/post op recovery.

Now dax i know its your Whole Thing to be willfully obtuse and paint with the broadest of brush strokes because in your mind that somehow makes a salient point...but literally no one is saying that SYNTHETIC HEROIN is no big deal. As with so many things, it can be used for good when administered properly, and incredibly dangerous when used improperly..and its especially dangerous b/c it has such high potential to be used improperly because its so addictive.

I know you aren't a stupid person, and i know that actual IRL dax the human person knows all of this stuff and that you're just doing an internet character, but sometimes i feel like i gotta interrupt your windmill tilting and be like, "hey, man, stfu for a second and go yell at those clouds instead"

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2023, 08:57:04 AM »

Apparently the dealers get X number of Oxy and some fentanyl, grind it all up into chowder, add some sort of stable filler, the fentanyl is to make it hit harder.  But they can turn 100 pills into 5000 pills or whatever.

T-Y. This succinctly shows the economic pros/cons to suppliers of using fentanyl in their biz model, but fentanyl isn’t the real problem here.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2023, 09:04:21 AM »
The whole, we have a bigger problem so Fentanyl isn't a real problem narrative is just something, I have to say.

In this debate no side is saying we don't have an opioid crisis in the United States, but the Fentanyl component has exacerbated that crisis dramatically because it only takes a small amount to kill. 

How can one read the reports, look at the maps and then say we don't have a real problem with Fentanyl?  If it's not a problem why are the Cartels attempting to produce thousands of pounds of it?  Why are the Chinese involved, why is the government of these United States literally bringing up Fentanyl in its discussions with the Chinese in the foreign relations domain?

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2023, 09:24:14 AM »

T-Y. This succinctly shows the economic pros/cons to suppliers of using fentanyl in their biz model, but fentanyl isn’t the real problem here.
Yeah, they call them “presses”. I’m terrified of this stuff going around and my moron 9 year old who will currently do literally any dangerous crap any of his friends are doing coming across them. We’ve had some local HS kids OD. Absolute nightmare fuel for me.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2023, 09:26:33 AM »
The whole, we have a bigger problem so Fentanyl isn't a real problem narrative is just something, I have to say.

In this debate no side is saying we don't have an opioid crisis in the United States, but the Fentanyl component has exacerbated that crisis dramatically because it only takes a small amount to kill. 

How can one read the reports, look at the maps and then say we don't have a real problem with Fentanyl?  If it's not a problem why are the Cartels attempting to produce thousands of pounds of it?  Why are the Chinese involved, why is the government of these United States literally bringing up Fentanyl in its discussions with the Chinese in the foreign relations domain?

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2023, 09:30:47 AM »
Absolute nightmare fuel for me.

The key is to make it nightmare fuel for kids and others prone to do some dumb crap but who still have some tiny bit of risk intolerance.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2023, 09:33:31 AM »

this is bizarre.  Who speaks scared old man?  care to interpret? 

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2023, 09:33:33 AM »

The key is to make it nightmare fuel for kids and others prone to do some dumb crap but who still have some tiny bit of risk intolerance.
Yeah, that’s my plan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2023, 09:38:49 AM »

Yeah.  the young stones get horror stories brought up on the reg

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2023, 09:43:27 AM »

Just scared old men and women . . . the deep thinkers of #blueanongE

https://www.congress.gov/event/115th-congress/house-event/108650/text

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-116shrg37244/html/CHRG-116shrg37244.htm

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-115hhrg25507/html/CHRG-115hhrg25507.htm

https://trone.house.gov/2023/01/08/chinas-role-in-illicit-fentanyl-running-rampant-on-us-streets/

https://www.state.gov/briefings-foreign-press-centers/us-china-relations

QUESTION:  Perfect.  My question is on counternarcotics.  What’s the current state of any exchange you’ve had with Beijing regarding fentanyl precursor enforcement?  When was the last time that you engaged in counternarcotic talks to – with your Chinese counterpart, sir?  And have you also engaged the Mexicans to perhaps help mediate in these kind of talks?

ASSISTANT SECRETARY KRITENBRINK:  Well, Jose, thank you very much for your question.  This is an incredibly important issue, and it is one that is raised in virtually every interaction between the United States and China.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2023, 09:53:14 AM »
this thread is reminding me i want to go re-watch season 2 of the hit HBO series THE WIRE

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2023, 10:32:18 AM »

Yes, our kids watch the news with us, and if they happen to miss a story about fentanyl, we make them watch it. That story I posted earlier, we watched it together and talked about it. I didn't talk about how much of the story was made up with half truths until later with just me and my wife.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2023, 10:33:02 AM »
this thread is reminding me i want to go re-watch season 2 of the hit HBO series THE WIRE

the best season, dont @ me