Author Topic: Explain fentanyl to me  (Read 4851 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Explain fentanyl to me
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2023, 11:34:57 AM »
I think, no, I know, there are a lot of people capping about fentanyl. Like this
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 12:08:40 PM by MakeItRain »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2023, 11:37:13 AM »
Worth noting that the overwhelming majority of heroin users are not people who just decided one day “hey ya know what? I think I’ll dabble with heroin because why not?” It’s almost always a less potent opioid like oxy, Abe’s in many cases those ppl were not interested in being drug users, their doctors just gave them opioids bc they fell off the ladder when they were hanging their Christmas lights and the doc said “yeah an opioid is appropriate” and then bam they addicted and yes it really can (and does!) happen that way bc of the frighteningly addictive properties of opioids. A then when they can’t get any more refills, it’s not like the addiction just magically goes away, unfortunately

:thumbs:  This fentanyl uproar should serve as a call to action in the medical industry or regulation world as to such prescriptions and not making them or only making them when there's some control involved for avoiding that addiction and having plans for getting those people transitioned out of the prescription.

The good folks at Perdue have assured us that these drugs are perfectly safe and non-addictive
I think a lot of Dr's were duped by the manufacturers. My Dr in no way is a pill pusher. He rarely even gives me antibiotics. When I had my first kidney stone about 15 years ago I had to wait about a week for surgery since it was stuck. He threw a giant bottle of oxy at me for the pain.

Doctors don't do that now from what I've observed.  Anecdotally it takes substantial, usually orthopedic surgeries to get prescribed opioid based pain killers, and it's tightly monitored.
I got some the other day for some oral surgery but it was only like 5. And they were just Vicodin. When I was in college I had wisdom teeth removed and some other stuff done and the doc gave me 60 (!) Vicodin and I definitely didn’t need that many but man I took them anyway. After a month I ran out and even those “mid” opioids had me fully understanding how people got hooked on this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammering home my point about doctors rolling back on this stuff, thanks SD  :thumbsup:

dax, I realize it's probably just a reflex action at this point but I wasn't attempting to disagree with you at all there. was just providing my experience and confirming the differences you noted.
I affirmed your affirmation. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2023, 11:37:30 AM »
I think the real heroin (from poppies) is much harder to make and smuggle.  The synthetic stuff can be made in mexico in a lab with zero poppies.  So, might as well cut the expensive poppies derived stuff with the lab stuff fulfill consumer demand of the poppies stuff (not telling them, of course)

i dunno much about the illegal drug trade or its use in the u.s., but i do know that they grow a lot of real poppies in mexico for that trade.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2023, 11:45:00 AM »
i wonder if there's anyone selling oldtimey botanical opiates.  like could i go out and find some laudanum or old-fashioned smoking opium in the u.s. if i wanted?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2023, 11:48:07 AM »
Not gE'ing, there was a really good photo essay about fentanyl that I read about 2 mos ago. Cannot find the link now..

Edit: found it. absolutely gut-wrenching.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/interactive/2022/tijuana-mexico-fentanyl-crime/

awful

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2023, 11:49:31 AM »
i wonder if there's anyone selling oldtimey botanical opiates.  like could i go out and find some laudanum or old-fashioned smoking opium in the u.s. if i wanted?
sherlock holmes style old timey Chinese opium den

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2023, 12:26:40 PM »

When I was in college a guy I knew and bought COCAINE from was smoking opium and let me try it. It tastes really good. I don't think I inhaled it right because it didn't really do anything for me. could have been all the COCAINE I was breathing in through my nose though.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2023, 12:27:01 PM »
i heard they mess up your pooping

Shrooms, on the other hand … great for pooping!

COCAINE is also good for this

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2023, 12:28:58 PM »
That has not been my experience
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2023, 12:29:52 PM »
Huh? All this time I was thinking cocaine would make you constipated. :dunno:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2023, 12:29:59 PM »
About the COCAINE, not the opiates.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2023, 12:32:17 PM »
But there is a person I used to hang out with that would have to drop a dookie after some lines of COCAINE so maybe

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2023, 12:32:29 PM »
Huh? All this time I was thinking cocaine would make you constipated. :dunno:

Well I can only speak anecdotally but every session of nose beers has always started with me completely emptying my bowels after the first brewsky.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2023, 12:41:26 PM »
Good thing NBs are best consumed in the bathroom

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2023, 02:26:36 PM »
That would make such a good anti-drug commercial. Do a full Dumb-and-Dumber style poop scene.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2023, 02:52:17 PM »
sherlock holmes style old timey Chinese opium den

retvrn.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2023, 03:04:14 PM »
I Was unaware that the cop touching then overdosing was fake.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2023, 03:05:15 PM »
Whoa, we talking NBs in here?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »
also do dealers give away every halloween?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2023, 04:09:16 PM »
A small state, Maine said that of 700 or so reported drug overdose deaths in 2022.  80% of them were from Fentanyl.

But Fentanyl is the latest punch line for #blueanon/#blueanongE and just like talking about crime is racist, now talking about Fentanyl is apparently anti-immigrant and similar.

Congrats Cartels and congrats Chinese and Indian Fentanyl component providers and money launders . . . you have a friend in #blueanon  :thumbsup:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2023, 04:11:34 PM »
cops pretending to experience seizures during seizures (lol) from simply touching or breathing air around fentanyl will never not be funny to me

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2023, 04:19:49 PM »
cops pretending to experience seizures during seizures (lol) from simply touching or breathing air around fentanyl will never not be funny to me
Remember the cop wife who did it? lmao

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2023, 04:20:29 PM »

Literally today years old when I learned they were faking to get attention and create a work comp claim

what huge dorks

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2023, 08:06:59 PM »
My own personal story with opioids. I had a really deviated septum thanks to a baseball to the face during the 2k13 kazzu cats baseball season and went to the regional in Manhattan (played plenty, that part wasnt so bad). But as any recent grad after than spending another 10k to fix it right then, I let it go til December 31st 2020 (best way to end that year). Had the surgery to fix my nose. They gave me oxy (like 30 of them) for the pain. Didn't take one til after 24 hours past. And, holy crap, I went from feeling miserable to feeling like I was 4/7 after just 1 pill. Even my mom who was taking care of me during that time remarked "you are definitely feeling better aren't you!" and I was.

And for a bit I would take a half of one just to feel good, and goddamn was it good. But thanks to my brother I threw it all away before I got to like 5 pills used (only 5, of 30). That crap is no joke. It's like being comfortably drunk off one pill (for me). I can more than see anyone getting addicted to it. And I am glad to this day I never fell more into that snake pit.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2023, 08:49:27 PM »
My own personal story with opioids. I had a really deviated septum thanks to a baseball to the face during the 2k13 kazzu cats baseball season and went to the regional in Manhattan (played plenty, that part wasnt so bad). But as any recent grad after than spending another 10k to fix it right then, I let it go til December 31st 2020 (best way to end that year). Had the surgery to fix my nose. They gave me oxy (like 30 of them) for the pain. Didn't take one til after 24 hours past. And, holy crap, I went from feeling miserable to feeling like I was 4/7 after just 1 pill. Even my mom who was taking care of me during that time remarked "you are definitely feeling better aren't you!" and I was.

And for a bit I would take a half of one just to feel good, and goddamn was it good. But thanks to my brother I threw it all away before I got to like 5 pills used (only 5, of 30). That crap is no joke. It's like being comfortably drunk off one pill (for me). I can more than see anyone getting addicted to it. And I am glad to this day I never fell more into that snake pit.

Today I learned you were a stud cat baseballer
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.